Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Disciple of Sakura
I finished up the Obsidian Crypt from Bones 3's Graveyard expansion. Used a fair amount of spray paint on this one, as I found that it didn't interact as badly with the harder Bonesium than it does with the regular stuff. I also used a bit of blue painter's tape to keep various areas protected, and wound up making use of a marbling spray to get the effect I wanted, and I'm pretty happy with it. It worked best on the floor rather than the walls, but I'm satisfied with it overall. I haven't glued any of the walls together, because it makes it easier to use as terrain or display.
I also mounted some magnets in the floor, and glued some nails into the open areas in the walls so that the whole thing stays together better. It was my first real attempt at using magnets in miniatures, and I'm pretty excited about it.
I've decided to tackle the Graveyard/Mausoleum/Church building, along with the fencing(x2) and various tombstones and other pieces.
I'm a bit confused on what these pieces are. 8 came in the expansion and 4 more in the separate fencing add on in the third kickstarter. What are they and what are they used for?
I also thought I remembered that there were supposed to be skull fence post toppers included but I can't find that anywhere.
I need your help. I feel as if I am at a bit of an impasse. I am currently painting an armed force of ancient skeletons. The primary reasons for taking this project was to practice my OSL on the eyes, and trying my hand at verdigris for the first time. I love how both the skeletons and the ancient metal are coming out. However, I feel as if there is not enough contrast on the models, and when viewing them from tabletop distance, they look too... homogeneous. Do they look "boring" to anyone else? Does anyone else have a suggestion for how to fix them?
So looking back at 2017, I am absolutely ashamed to see that I had only completed 5 (five! Only five!) Miniatures this year. Granted, I didn't have access to my painting stuff until April, and had five major life events happen this year both good and bad. The minis I did complete I am very happy with, and I did really push myself to get better and learn some new techniques. I also started about 30 miniatures that have not been finished, so I did more painting than it seems.
When looking at my paint desk it has become apparent that I have far, far too many unfinished projects- including a few from more than four years ago.
Therefore I have 3 goals for 2018:
1) paint 52 miniatures within the calendar year. Any stand alone miniature counts.
2) of these 52, complete at least one CAV force to bring to reapercon 2018.
3) complete two unfinished miniatures before starting a new miniature.
In that vein, I have started my resolution a little early:
These are 20 skeletons from wargames factory I assembled and primed this summer, but never finished as I had airbrush problems. Tonight in about 2 hours I blocked them in woodstain brown and began dry brushing with terrah khaki- a nice bone color by the way!
My intention is the shade and highlight them, then arm them. I want to use these guys as an excuse to try verdigris... I am very excited to see how it turns out. If i get these guys done I'll already be more than a third of the way to 52 miniatures. Wish me luck and expect more update soon!
I finally managed to post some pictures of the Crypt from the Bones 3 graveyard expansion I painted.
I went with a simple paint scheme with a heavy dose of washes and over-brush + dry-brush to cover these large areas and keep them interesting.
For the inside, I decided to give the markings on the floor an eerie glow and had fun practicing with my airbrush on the tiles.
I really like how they molded the door hinge to allow it to swing open. It allows for some fun pics..
Peek a BOO!
Who's Online 32 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Arc 724
- Chris Palmer
- Xiwo Xerase
- Dan d'Lyon
- Dilvish the Deliverer
- Geoff Davis