Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm putting together a monstrous warband for frostgrave and I did a quick paint of these three bones today.


77148: Damien the hell born wizard as my apprentice


77036: medusa as an archer


77198:  barrow rat as a war hound.  This last was a super quick paint as I finished the other two.


Dressed the gorgon/medusa with knife and paint, so she's Sfw.  Still, I'll spoilerize the pics:










i want to include the horned hunter I did as well in this warband.  Still not decided what to use as my wizard and other band mates. I want to try to keep an even gender ratio, but there are very few monstrous women and the few that are out there have a hard time keeping their clothes on.  



Edited by InvisibleThumb
Id the bones
  • Like 8

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, pcktlnt said:


I am mostly using bones from previous kickstarters since I have them already.  My "wizard" might be metal though.  


I haven't played with a captain yet.  Would need to review the rules for that.  I've only used the core book for this warband though I think this warband has a beast-crafter feel to it.


I got two more members painted tonight so I'll add them here rather than make another thread.


77118 Tiviel hell born rogue makes an acceptable thief.


and another barrow rat in case I need multiple war hounds.







group up shot of the warband so far.





Just need to do the wizard and a couple more members.  This could be a good excuse to paint up a beastman warrior and maybe try to put together a cultist from a sprue of plastic parts.  


Or maybe...  I have a troll slayer Sophie that might fit in with this rag tag bunch.


  • Like 7

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with the Sophie.  She could make a good captain, but I'll probably just use her as an infantryman.


before gluing down the sword


After gluing down the sword






  • Like 9

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Started on my first full frostgrave cultist built from parts from the cultist sprue.  It is to be a thief for my monstrous warband.  Even though the skull face is just a mask, I chose one arm to be skeletal to keep it inhuman.  Not done painting yet, but got a bit of a start after the glue dried.






  • Like 7

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Schirf
      Ok, here is my first NMM paint job. I'm not sure if I dislike the technique, or just picked a bad mini to try it on first. I found it a bit fiddly and frustrating with all of the dully cast spikey bits. I did a pretty quick TT quality job on everything not NMM, so I know there are a lot of places to improve there. 
      Also, I feel like the photos make it look better than it really is. I'm pretty happy with how the front of the armor turned out, but the shield and shoulder pauldrons were frustrating.





      Would truly appreciate any feedback on improving the quality of my NMM!
      I'll be doing Mangu next and tracking in the same WIP thread.
      Wip thread here:
    • By KruleBear
      This guy was always intended to be toy box level painted. Basecoat, dry/damp brushing, and a light wash of Army painter mid-tone. But I actually really like the way he turned out.

    • By KruleBear
      I was using this to try a different skin color which I like and I believe I was going to do a bit more detailed TMM but got side tracked. After several months of no work on him, I decided to get him "done" to tabletop level. Here are some shaky iPad photos. C&C welcome. 

    • By KruleBear
      This guy was to experiment on achieving realistic light colors on a fairly smooth surface (the apron in this case). After several different tries I was happy with the result...then like normal he sat on the paint desk for months. So I decided to finish him to low tabletop level and wash him in ArmyPainters midtone shade which led to a big tied mark. But he is good enough for my sons toy box. C&C appreciated.

    • By Sophie was taken
      The third and final mini from the Layer Up! LTPK, Julie Guthrie’s Hajad the Pirate:

      Not gonna try for any better images, because then you would see how badly I messed up the eyes...
      Mostly by the book, but I skipped the lining as my little brush was becoming temperamental. Of the three minis in this kit, this is the one I was most looking forward to, as it has the most exposed skin of the three (one of my problem areas). Think I oversold the abs a bit too much though.
      Based on issues with the previous minis, I elected to basecoat both weapon blades with Ebony Flesh before applying the metallic. The Filigree Silver included in the kit was too watery to play nice with bare Bonesium, and in any case it was difficult for me to see where the paint actually stuck. Plus, it makes lighter metallics pop.
      It was nice to see darker flesh tones included in this kit. The darkest (non-dark elf) skin tone I had available before was Tanned Skin, but my attempts to mix in darker paints always resulted in a weird shade of sadness.
      All in all, this kit was a good learning experience. The instructions were clear and easy to follow, and it was neat seeing the colors build up with each layer. The cartoons were cute too. I just hope that my technique improves moving forward. And that painting eyes gets easier.
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)