Morihalda

Getting to Know Each Other - June

@Dr.Bedlam uummmm, you could always have a go at a lesser dragon, a mono-headed model. 

On 6/30/2017 at 6:53 AM, TGP said:

Weekend Questions:

June 30th) If you could turn into any animal, what would you become?

Gryffin (see avatar; but the notion of gryffin-dragon must be researched.)

June 31st) What would be some unexpected consequences of yesterday's animal shapeshifting?

Would a mythical Gryffin be able to fly in real Earth's gravity? That could lead to unexpected results. Also, claws & touchscreens ... that could be a spot of bother. 

June 32nd) Weekend bonus: consider painting a mini of the animal in question? Or if you're up for it, drawing one!

Funnily, enough. I haven't got an unpainted Gryffin miniature. I'd have to switch my answer to Dragon to have something to paint. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, TGP said:

@Dr.Bedlam uummmm, you could always have a go at a lesser dragon, a mono-headed model. 

...but if I do THAT, I'll NEVER finish Ma'aldrakar, the graveyard, and the Space Mouselings?

Speaking of the mouselings? No army book. I'm having to come up with unit color combinations entirely on my own. What DOES the sergeant wear?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Speaking of the mouselings? No army book. I'm having to come up with unit color combinations entirely on my own. What DOES the sergeant wear?

7 hours ago, kitchen_wolf said:

In my experience, usually a scowl.

Hooman serjeants wear three gold chevrons. Mousling sergeants, I expect bear three golden** wedges. (**Mou-S-pec Cheddar Gold No. 17)

A full Colonel (aka a Big Cheese) would have a Full Round as his insignia. A mere Lt. Colonel would only have White Round (I.e. Swiss, not Cheddar).

• Like 7

8 hours ago, kitchen_wolf said:

In my experience, usually a scowl.

As a retired senior NCO, can confirm.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Hooman serjeants wear three gold chevrons. Mousling sergeants, I expect bear three golden** wedges. (**Mou-S-pec Cheddar Gold No. 17)

A full Colonel (aka a Big Cheese) would have a Full Round as his insignia. A mere Lt. Colonel would only have White Round (I.e. Swiss, not Cheddar).

That's fantastic! :saves it in a file for possible future use:

• Like 6

Thought you might like that Red. New thread for July is posted. Gotta wait a bit to post the  New Question so it will be in a separated, easily quotable post. I wish I knew how long I have to wait. 

• Like 4

On 6/30/2017 at 7:53 AM, TGP said:

Weekend Questions: June 30th, 31st, & 32nd——

30th) If you could turn into any animal, what would you become?

31st) What would be some unexpected consequences of yesterday's animal shapeshifting?

32nd) Weekend bonus: consider painting a mini of the animal in question? Or if you're up for it, drawing one!

Question the third---I have several wolves around, but did not manage to find any of them to paint.

Drawing is not an option, I am no good at it.

• Like 5

Weekend Questions: June 30th, 31st, & 32nd—— 

30th) If you could turn into any animal, what would you become? 

31st) What would be some unexpected consequences of yesterday's animal shapeshifting? 

32nd) Weekend bonus: consider painting a mini of the animal in question? Or if you're up for it, drawing one! 

On 6/30/2017 at 9:16 AM, etherial said:

Probably a lynx or a ferret if it was an Animal. For a Creature, I'd probably go with a dragon. I have a ferret mini and a couple of dragons that I could probably paint up this weekend.

On 7/1/2017 at 11:17 AM, etherial said:

The first unintended consequence would probably be endless fighting with the cats in the house. I'm not sure if this transmogrification conveys the ability to interpret animal communication or even how much animals can communicate outside their species. It's possible lynx-me could negotiate peace with Gandalf and Синя but I doubt ferret-me could. Of course dragon-me probably could, dragons have a way with these things, but dragon-me would probably be trapped in the attic unless he could smash out the bedroom window and fly outside. No matter what I turn myself into, I'm sure I'd be a hit at my neighbor's 3rd birthday party, assuming I wasn't put down by a group of villagers with torches and pitchforks or tranquilized by animal control.

Well, I considered it. And I think it's a good example of how I like these challenges but want them scheduled more in advance. This was my last free weekend before September. And I even had mini painting planned. But because trimming, washing, and boiling Bones all take time, I wouldn't have had time to finish even a Bones ferret. I do these things in batches and was working on terrain. Luckily, I had a metal ferret leftover from the Familiar Pack I bought solely so my wife could have a rabbit on her base for the last RPG I ran, so I was able to prime and base coat a ferret mini. But because I was already working on the terrain, I didn't get past the base coat. So it's more of a weasel in its winter finery than a ferret ATM.

• Like 5

32) So I wasn't planning on doing anything for this one, but I was bored at work and thought I would show off my lack of drawing ability:

IMG_20170703_095158.thumb.jpg.ed3758c34c4a8dd6b166dd9a881e2eba.jpg

• Like 6

13 hours ago, TGP said:

True, and delightfully inspired. Regrettably, the mouselings in question are parodies of Space Marines, the GW variety, and their shoulder pads are occupied with mouse skulls. The sergeant, or lieutenant, or whatever he is, is distinguished by his use of sword AND pistol, and a cape attached to his large and prominent backpack.

Got him prepped. Now I am pondering colors and patterns... in between painting segments of graveyard fence.

• Like 3