Sign in to follow this  
Arydis

Goemon - Ninja All Stars - Sodapop Mini

This is my work so far on Goemon from the Ninja All Stars line of Sodapop miniatures.  He is mostly done, but will need basing and to be sealed.  

IMG_2085[1].JPG

IMG_2086[1].JPG

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dks
      I've sculpted 3 tengu figures for Reaper -- a rogue, samurai (warrior), and wizard -- but until recently I had painted only the tengu rogue, and that was 2 years ago (July 2015).
      I had an idea to paint the warrior and enter both the rogue and warrior as a combined entry into the Open category of the painting contest at ReaperCon.  They would have been "Tengu Twins", because the samurai uses the exact same head and feet as the rogue, but with a new body.
      I started painting him on the Thursday of the con, but managed to finish only the head and set him onto a base.  On Friday, I GM'd a game of Pathfinder Society and taught a class in the afternoon, and had only an hour to paint in between.  I blocked in some jade green on the armor, and purple-brown for the cloth -- dark colors like I had used on the rogue -- but they weren't working well. 
      So I set the warrior aside and put the rogue into the contest by himself.

One night in the hotel after ReaperCon, I watched 3 episodes of the blade-forging reality show "Forged in Fire". 
      In one episode, the smiths had to put a hamon (wavy line) on the knife they were forging, so I knew should add a hamon to the tengu's sword. 

Back at home, I was walking around my neighborhood when I noticed the tiles on a nearby apartment building, in ultramarine blue and turquoise.  Inspiration for the armor!

I painted for several hours last Sunday and Monday and was nearly finished but wasn't sure of the last few moves: freehand on the cloth, and maybe some color shifts. 
      I paused and took photos:

And I sketched over it in Photoshop:

So I went back to the painting table for a couple of hours....

Derek

• By Medium_Fancy
      Hello all,

I've been having a great time with my first stab at chibi - so much so that I decided to stop lurking and post something.

I painted up Lou, Max, and Tish here in about a night each, and found them to be welcome departures from more time consuming work.

Hope you enjoy - C&C welcome.

• By Tricksay
      Been feeling the Fall season, and have wanted to try a rough burlap texture....soooo here comes Patch!
      first time making a corn stalk from raffia, it's not bad but I'll need more practice before truly jazzed with it. The pumpkin is from the Reaper Pumpkins set. C&C always welcome!

• By odinsgrandson
      Ok, I’m a fan of the Final Fantasy series, and one of the things that I like to do is convert chibi minis into some of my favorite videogame characters.
      Naturally, one of my favorites is Auron from Final Fantasy X. He’s such a badass.
      I started out with the Goemon mini from Ninja All Stars (which is a fine mini in its own right). Everything that isn’t Goemon was made from green stuff. All together, I think he came out rather well.

• By odinsgrandson
      A while ago, Sodapop Miniatures released the Deeproot Scout- a character I think we can all agree had some inspiration in Nintendo's favorite elf.
      Naturally, my favorite incarnation of the Hero of Time to base him on (Link to the Past) as seen here  The hair is red (even pink) because I was working from the pixel art rather than the art in the book.
      More recently, Sodapop released a resculpt of the character- so I decided that the best thing to do would be to level him up a bit.  So here is my Deeproot Scout painted up as Link with Blue Male, the reforged Master Sword, red shield and boomerang.

• Who's Online   38 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)