Clearman

Summoning Circle and Conjured Face

That sir is really cool

• Like 1

What a cool and unique model. The OSL looks great, at least from the angles you show here - it looks like glossy specular reflections from the metal of the cauldron.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr_Automaton said:

Nice blast from the past!  I haven't seen that mini in years (I can't even remember what happened to my old set).

I have a dream that in 20-30 years time, we're all able to get similar responses when we're finishing up the last of our Bones 3 minis. 

• Like 3

It's weird to see minis up here that are older than me sometimes xD really cool but also a bit sad. I never had the chance to get my hands on them! Love your colour scheme and the OSL seems extremely realistic! 

• Like 1

It looks fantastic - I love that eerie blue & the reflected light at the base of the cauldron.

I have this set (purchased many many moons ago!) & can confirm that the cauldron & circle do indeed belong together - here's the box art:

593bfff220b3d_WizardsRoomBox.thumb.JPG.020b2fbc11f4900783022e046554b866.JPG

& the insert showing the contents:

593bff9a024c6_WizardsRoomInsert.thumb.JPG.ca216b77d299ff63f11b70c002864694.JPG

• Like 9

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hi all and happy new year!

Here are two figures I recently finished that Ral Partha has re-released, a ranger and a female fighter.  The ranger was sculpted by Jim Johnson and the fighter was Bob Olley.  Fun figures to paint, kind of bulky and a larger scale than the old Partha stuff I'm usually working on.

and just for fun, I took a close up of the lady's face, because it always seems to happen that when a character has something raised over his head, the detail becomes smaller because your picture is so much higher:

Anyhow, really enjoyed painting these figures, loads of fun, full of personality and a good hefty size.  And they're metal, which is another plus for me!

• By Clearman
      In addition to my 2018 goals to paint better and work on new techniques, I've decided to also start a long term project.  I have about half of the Grenadier Fantasy Personalities line (series I and II) by Julie Guthrie.  They've been sitting in a Chessex storage box for ~30 years, and now they will finally receive paint.

Based on the info at Lost Mini's Wiki, there are a total of 156 models between both series.  I have 81 in the Chessex box, and a couple loose that I need to track down.  Since the my count for the entirety of 2017 was only 55 models, and factor in the other models that I will work on, this project will take a while.

I am starting off with four models prepped:

887 - Berserker
      869 - Chaotic Thief
      820 - Henchman
      8102 - Chaotic Swordsman

Stay tuned for show offs.

• By 72moonglum
      So I finished this one a while ago, which was part of a three -piece Partha set that was based on a painting of Larry Elmore, Bones of the Past.  I already finished the two ladies in the painting, so this was the last one.  I tried to keep him relatively faithful to the original painting as far as the color scheme, but there are always going to be a few slight differences.

Here then is the painting this one came from:

and the two links to the other figures:

So all three of them are finished, let's see what I can work on next!
    • By Pezler the Polychromatic
      Alright, boys and girls! Due to some acquisitions during Christmas, I've come into possession of some older figures. While I could probably slog through all the internets to figure out what they are, I believe it to be far faster to harness your collective smartiness to ID them: Here are the figures in question:

What we have here is a 1979 Ral Partha, one unknown, and one 1984 Grenadier. I have absolute faith that the lot of you will be able to identify them. Feel free to ask questions about them if it'll help you. Time starts....*clicks stopwatch*....Now.
    • By Chaoswolf
      I'm not sure what this is supposed to be; I got it as part of a figure lot on Ebay. Maybe an Otyugh? Maybe something C'thulu-ish? In any case I painted it for the Morihalda Challenge.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)