I did a quick paint of some game pieces taking up space. I didn't do a WIP but took a few pics during, if people want to see.

The cat got one of my fave pieces, the third punk.

I didn't have orange paint handy, so I used yellow. The other base colors were ashen blue/rosy skin, and Brown liner. I also tried a flesh wash out of curiosity.

Unlike the last set, I remembered blood, but couldn't find the nice dried blood brown color, so not as  gory as planned.

• Like 10

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darsc Zacal

"Humans came to PK-L7 in search of high powered fuel. They found it with Xenium, a dark, oily compound deep below the planet’s surface. But they found something else too. The Xenos attack was brutal and unrelenting, and they’re still coming. On April 10 at 3pm EST, Zombicide: Invader is coming to Kickstarter. Follow the CMON and Guillotine Games Facebook pages for regular updates on the Survivors, Xenos, Equipment, and Environments of this interstellar battle for life, and look for our interview with the Zombicide: Invader design team later this week. Grab a weapon, barricade the doors, and prepare to be invaded."

Zombicide:Invader is a cooperative game where 1 to 6 players face Xenos, an unfathomable swarm of infected Xenos controlled by the game itself. Each player takes on the role of 1 to 6 Survivors in a sci-fi setting being overwhelmed by these Xenos. The goal is simple: choose a Mission, complete its objectives, kill as many Xenos as possible, and (most importantly) survive!
      Survivors will fight Xenos, rescue each other, recover vital data, unveil dark secrets, and much more! Survivors can be Civilians or Soldiers, each with specialized Skills. They all play together as a team, trading Equipment, and covering each other. They use whatever weapons they can get to kill Xenos and slow the invasion. The better the weapon, the higher the body count, but the more Xenos will appear, attracted by the onslaught! Survivors must also be mindful of their location as conventional weapons work fine indoors, but the planet’s oxygen-starved surface, they’ll need to arm themselves with more specialized weaponry… Lasers, anyone?
      Most of the time, Xenos are predictable, but there are a lot of them and they use nasty tactics not encountered in previous Zombicidegames. Only through cooperation can players achieve the Mission objectives and win."
      I haven't backed a CMoN kickstarter in a awhile, but I think this one might tempt me depending on what the minis and gameplay are like.
    • By Rob Dean
      I expect this is going to be a long-running WIP thread.  My intention is to convert this heap of vintage lead into war games armies to allow me to field forces for a variety of Tolkien situations, using only vintage Minifigs.  For those who are younger than me, Minifigs produced this line of Tolkien-inspired figures starting in 1972, and, as far as we've ever been able to determine, it was the first range of specifically fantasy miniatures ever produced.  They were the first that I bought as well, and I will freely admit that this is a nostalgia project.
      I posted a batch of finished elves this morning.  Here's what I have left to do: two elf riders, an elf king to form a second command stand, 14 elf swordsmen, and 9 elf bowmen (three of whom have lost arrows and one who's been redone as a standard bearer for the command stand.)

For the era of the Battle of the Five Armies, they have some dwarf allies.  Here's a dozen, representing all three stock numbers that were produced.  Each stock number was a strip of two.  I have a batch of seven already finished and based.

Minifigs did not issue any specific Lakemen, nor, for that matter, any specific Rohirrim on foot.  For the Five Armies-era humans, I'll have to reach into the historical and use some figures from their NS (Norman/Saxon) range with round shields.  I've got about three dozen available with which to work.  They should also serve as dismounted Rohirrim when needed.

Beorn and Gandalf are also available, and a token eagle...

To continue with the good guys, there were two catalog numbers of actual mounted Rohirrim.  I have two completed so far, and about 22 available, including a few Later Romans or similar Dark Ages figures which blend well.  A few spare horses remain to be found.

The Gondorians were represented by five different figures, a citadel guardsman, two rangers of Ithilien, a spearman, a swordsman, and a foot knight.  I've got at least a dozen of each, plus a total of two dozen of ME53 and 54, Rangers of the North.
      The Dark Lord's forces can be lead by the imposing squadron of flying Nazgul, of which I have four:

I have 18 wargs (plus a few already finished), but only two of the goblin riders:

Large orcs came in three poses, with sword, axe or spear.  I've got about 85 to be done:

Smaller orcs came in four poses, a bowman, a swordsman without shield, a swordsman with shield, and a well equipped armored goblin with shield, spear and bow.  Of that latter, I've only got a handful, all completed.  Of the first three, I've got about seventy from a recent purchase:

There is also one pose of little goblins.  I finished a few of them last month.  I've got more, but they are sitting in paint stripper at the moment.

Sauron's human allies were represented by four poses of figures; there was a Haradrim spearman and a mounted lancer, of which I've got about 30 and 5 respectively:

There was also a Southern spearman and a mounted swordsman.  I only have a token 3 of the spearmen, so they won't be a unit on their own, but I do have nine of the mounted swordsmen, so they can be.

Last, I have a hobbit militia of about a dozen, plus a couple of mounted hobbits.  The foot hobbits came in strips of three, and one strip is much easier to find than the other...

My basic plan is going to be to play these with Dragon Rampant, which generally uses units of six mounted or twelve foot figures, with provision for heroes and large monsters as exceptions.  However, some of the teams will be big enough that I could use Chaos Wars (also in sixes and twelves), and I expect that an actual Battle of the Five Armies game my brother and I have been discussing will take every orc/goblin that we have painted.
      Edit: Ooops!  Forgot the Dunlendings; there are enough of them to make a unit, and given Saruman's forces a bit of distinctiveness...

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      Yet another German war machine (in case you were wondering, yes I also have Russian, British, US and Japanese stuff, I'm just doing all the German at once so I can paint them all at once).
      This unusual creation came out of the recent Panzermech Kickstarter by West Wind.  A giant War Wheel.

Should be a pretty quick and easy assembly to get it ready for priming.  All I've done so far is washed the resin.
    • By Edsterdoom
      I have been busy but not posting threads recently. I have been using a range of models to play Lions Rampant and Dragon Rampant. For this I have used a combination of Bones and other figures. 
      As I don’t have enough archers, I have opted to use some of the add on models from the Black Plague Kickstarter. 
      First up is the paint scheme I opted to use. 

The idea is they are what remains of a lords retinue hence the uniform. 

at present I am painting up a batch of six models. 

The last phot shows base colours still being applied. Further highlighting takes places prior to a wash of Agrax Earthshade. 
      As as always comments welcome. 
    • By Sophie was taken
      Sometimes you have to force your way through the rough patches. Fortunately, I recently found Valloa here at my FLGS. Given that she’s been on my “want” list for a while and their selection of metal minis was sparse at best, I snapped one up to dispel the painting melancholy. Apologies in advance for the bad images, lighting didn’t want to comply, and the closest to true color I could get has bad shine from camera flash + sealer. Here she is:

I didn’t originally have plans to paint this one as a drow. But, I wanted a chance to try out the dark elf skin triad and didn’t have any other available elf minis to mess around with. The paints are fantastic though, and will likely see use outside of skin in the future.
      This is the second mini I’ve done with a purple cloak. I think the shadows and highlights turned out better (and more varied) than the previous attempt. And working upon previous advice, used no less than seven shades of brown overall (not that you can tell).
      Please feel free to comment and critique! I need to improve on things next time.
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)