Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

77398 Stalagmites

Here is the first (of three) stalagmites from Bones 2. The other 2 are in progress and will get added to this thread when they are complete.

IMG_1381.thumb.JPG.bb5475f5da40d4546cd9e816d76918d7.JPG

IMG_1382.thumb.JPG.9d2e141a4dfe88d55f2900aeb08af70f.JPG

• Like 19

Thank you.

Yes, you totally should paint 'em up, they're pretty quick. (Says the guy who still needs to finish the other 2...)

• Like 4

I am very glad they are grey instead of oh.... the color of say unadulterated calcium carbonates. Or awkward as hot pink. Those stalagmites could easily get awkward with a different color. 

Don't mind me.  *whistles innocently* :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Thanks, everyone!

17 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I am very glad they are grey instead of oh.... the color of say unadulterated calcium carbonates. Or awkward as hot pink. Those stalagmites could easily get awkward with a different color. 

Don't mind me.  *whistles innocently* :rolleyes:

::o:::P:

Yeah, I was thinking about trying to make them more colorful, and i had the same thought. So, various greys it is!:lol:

• Like 3

VERY COOL! The suggestion of evil grins. sharp teeth, & an eye or two adds a sinister touch to the pieces. OUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fire_Eyes
      Painted mainly just by drybrushing. The sculpt screamed grizzly bear, so I tried to emulate those colors.

I think this is my quickest figure yet, and one of my favorites. Any advice and critiques are appreciated!
    • By Fire_Eyes
      My first figure of the year, and also my first speedpaint (AKA I tried not to get perfectionist over every detail)

I followed the kit's instructions on the cloak, then did my own thing on the rest, which accidentally wound up being pretty similar to most of the other ltpk Anirions I've seen.

This wasn't my favorite sculpt, and the mold lines were terrible, especially on her hand, but I was able to practice and learn a lot by painting her. Any critiques and advice for future figures are welcome and appreciated!
    • By Paradoxical Mouse
      So, since the RPChallenge Requests a Show-Off, here's my first point for this year! I'm really proud of her!
      I'm not sure which of the starting survivors she is, but...

Better Pictures (edit):

Critique would be appreciated. I will admit, I used too light a skin color for the OSL to look right over, and it is toned down enough that you can't really tell in person. I wanted to give the lantern a soft glow, rather than a bright one, to capture the hopelessness that is Kingdom Death.
    • By Chaoswolf
      Ok, this isn't a New year's resolution ( I don't make those), but I have decided that I need to get over the "I'm not good enough" thing and try to push myself to paint all those figures that I've been saving for 'some day'.
      That day is NOW.

I grabbed this figure during a Black Friday sale for something like 4 or 5 bucks. Depending on where you get it from, it's usually more like 30. It's 28mm scale, but it stands pretty tall; I'm guessing it's 54mm tall or thereabouts. I'll get a proper picture with Sir Forscale a little bit later on.

I'd like you to help push me to do my absolute best with this guy, please. If you think something looks good, cool, tell me that. By the same token, if you think something doesn't look good, tell me that, too. I want you guys to 'break out the red pen' as Cyradis would say.

For reference, this is the figure I'm talking about (picture from the WWW, not my figure).

• By Chaoswolf
      The following will be the shipping order:
      Pingo---arrived 11/27, sent 11/28
      RedAmbrosia---arrived 12/1, sent 12/12
      Sanael---arrived 12/13, sent 12/19
      Izzylobo---arrived 12/22, sent 12/29
      Strawhat---arrived 1/3,
      Knarthex (Not part of the box, he has just volunteered to ship to Europe)
      Glitterwolf
      Alchemist
      RobinH
      Chris Palmer
      Ttuckerman
      Generic Fighter
      Fire_Eyes
      Disserrma
      Chaoswolf (if there's anything left; I'll just transfer it to the regular BoGW)

Please update this thread when you get the box and when you send it on to the next person.

Any questions? Ask them here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76906-reapercon-bogw/&

or PM me.
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)