hungerfan

Bones 3 Brain In Jar

Cool! The jar looks like it's filled with a pinkish liquid, how did she get that effect?

• Like 2

@Pragma, we used her clear elmers glue and she mixed in some watered down blood red paint.  Tried to get her to do just a little alien goo instead but she insisted it needed to be red for the blood from the brain.

Edited by hungerfan
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, hungerfan said:

@Pragma, we used her clear elmers glue and she mixed in some watered down blood red paint.  Tried to get her to do just a little alien goo instead but she insisted it needed to be red for the blood from the brain.

She's done a fantastic job. Can't argue with her logic. ::D:

• Like 6

Any thoughts on what to do for a base?  A poker friend just gave me a cool idea to use this as my card protector but I want it on a base I can weight down.  Usually our bases are styled for the outdoors with a lot of grass and rock.  I may have some freebie base I got from Reapercon swag bag that could work with this little guy.

Maybe something industrial gothic like from the movie City of Lost Children?  Was thinking much the same thing.  Could go for stock standard mad scientists lab with test tubs and so forth.  But maybe an escapee Brain in a Jar?  City of Lost Children is all concrete and rusty iron.

• Like 1

The "fluid" turnrd out pretty cool. I think you have a well trained servant to paint up your minis....errr, I mean she did a good job!  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Ive been contemplating the same thing....Only I think my will be color differently. 

I was also going to try to fill it with tint still water....but this method looks good I might keep it in mind.

Sweet.  Makes me want to re-read Lovecraft's "Whisperer in Darkness" . . . .

The Egg

The Girl is a natural That is a BEAUTIFULLY painted, WONDERFULLY creepy creation. VERY WELL DONE!

Do you know the number for this when this is released?

On 6/5/2017 at 4:13 AM, CrazyK said:

Can't wait until June/July to get this mini.  Good job on the gooey brain liquid

Do you know the number for this when this is released?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Disciple of Sakura
      I painted this guy a while ago, and as soon as it was previewed in the Kickstarter, I was reminded of Slade from the old Teen Titans cartoon. His design worked really well as a basis for the paint scheme here.

The pictures were taken on the painting table, as I never really got around to taking some in the photo booth, unfortunately. 

• By Edsterdoom
      Here is another semi WIP thread for another Bones 3 model. My youngest son had painted him in a nice coat of ultramarine blue and had left him. I then have the fun task of finishing it  off to some reasonable level. 

So so after a couple of coats green and some dry brushing I got to this stage. 

I am actually really happy how this turned out. I am not sure I would have attempted the blue under the green, but it seems to work well. Anyway onto the base, didn't realise how much detail it had.  

As always comments welcome. 
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

I guess it's time to show this one...

Thanks for the feedback,
      Kev!

P.S. The pattern is inspired by the natural coloration of the coral snake.
    • By jtkimmel
      I finished this up right at Christmas to give to a friend as a gift. This is the first dragon I've ever painted (though I have been painting historical stuff for many, many years). It was certainly a learning experience, painting a dragon is not like painting a WW2 tank, and if I had been smart I would have done one for myself first as a test but time was of the essence and I was glad I finished it in time.

I picked purple because its one of my friend's favorite colors, and was pleased to find there are actually purple dragons in fantasy, called Deep Dragons. I bought the Royal Purples triad from Reaper and used Imperial Purple as the main color and shaded and highlighted the scales with the Nightshade and Amethyst purples. The crest was painted with Coal Black from the holiday set before highlighting with the purples. The chest was a mix of Amethyst and Imperial purple. I added the blue gems on the chest late after seeing some other examples of Kyphrixis on these forums that had the gems painted.

The wings in the photos are the third attempt at painting them, the first two versions I did not like. The first try was the base purple with a mottling of ivory. I was hoping to get a translucent look but it didn't work. Then I painted them Terran Khaki with the Ivory mottling to get a parchment look but that didn't look right either. I was going to repaint them in the base colors but wondered what they would like if I just covered the Khaki/Ivory with Army Painter Purple Tone. Two coats of the Purple Tone and I liked how it looked. I spray dullcoated him but the wings still have a bit a sheen from the Purple Tone.

The rock base was painted charcoal then drybrushed with various greys and tans and the wood base is something I picked up at the craft store which was stained and varnished before the plastic base was glued on.

I definitely learned a lot painting him and look forward to painting the rest of the dragons I got in Bones 3.

• By Disciple of Sakura
      Got the ogres and ogre command in Bones 3 and decided to paint them all up at once so that they'd match. I call the regular ogres Huey, Dewey, and Louie due to their colors (I find a clear color delineation makes it easier to track them during games) and I really like the floral pattern on the green bags, like he just scrounged them up from someone else. The command figures were fun, creating all the mismatched plates on the warrior. I decided that the ogre "sorceress" should be "hot" so I painted her up in a tartan mini skirt and semi transparent white shirt, as well as putting her "purse goblin" in pink and giving her a tramp stamp  (didn't get a great photo of that, sadly). I really enjoyed painting these guys up.

Edit: I swapped out the Ogre Fighter's mace for the hooked blade from the Fire Giant Jailer, because I just liked the hooked weapon more.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)