ttuckerman

Happy Birthday Pingo

54 posts in this topic

*Does a little capering dance, while juggling various implements of dubious safety.* Happy birthday!

1 person likes this

Happy birthday, birthday well-wisher! :bday:

1 person likes this

Happy Birthday to you, oh great font of interesting knowledge, and wonderful talent. May it be a joyous occasion, and may the year ahead be full of glad tidings, and just enough sad to keep you grounded, and make the good seem all the better.

3 people like this

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays.

The Egg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

IMG_0102.JPG

Edited by Beagle
1 person likes this

Aww, thank you, people!   :blush:

It's been a fine day so far, the weather cool and sunny.  We went to see the "Wonder Woman" movie (woot!) last weekend and celebrated with friends.  Today we went out to a nice breakfast and my husband gave me some new Bombshell miniatures, including a not-Agent Carter (yay!) and a couple of boxes of obsolete-but-still-cool Games Workshop figures:

Spoiler

These deer-riding wood elf ladies:

sister-of-the-thorn-wood-elves-games-wor

And some sort of spectral-looking men with flying glowing hair riding horses.  Rather nifty, but can't recall the box name, sorry.

He also gave me some little canisters of sand and tiny pebbles, little jewels and jewelry findings.  He presented them along with a little poem, "Kit Basher", his own parody lyrics to the old song "Witch Doctor".  :lol:

My husband is awesome!  :wub: 

Tonight we are going somewhere nice but I don't know where yet.  :ph34r: 

9 people like this

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

Happy Birthday Pingo!

1 person likes this

Ok those are some seriously cool looking deer mounts. I might need to hunt those down.

1 person likes this

Happy birthday!

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Pingo said:

It's been a fine day so far, the weather cool and sunny.  We went to see the "Wonder Woman" movie (woot!) last weekend and celebrated with friends.  Today we went out to a nice breakfast and my husband gave me some new Bombshell miniatures, including a not-Agent Carter (yay!) and a couple of boxes of obsolete-but-still-cool Games Workshop figures:

Hide contents

And some sort of spectral-looking men with flying glowing hair riding horses.  Rather nifty, but can't recall the box name, sorry.

He also gave me some little canisters of sand and tiny pebbles, little jewels and jewelry findings.  He presented them along with a little poem, "Kit Basher", his own parody lyrics to the old song "Witch Doctor".  :lol:

Ooooooh. Cool!

1 person likes this

Yo, like Hippie Birthday, eh?

The Auld Grump - obviously a Canadian Hippie there....

2 people like this

a18191f04f7f9684b23041f939b88d58.jpg

5 people like this

Happy Birthday! ::D:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Reveal hidden contents

Lyrics for those who are interested.

My Friend the Kitbasher.

I told the Kitbasher, I had some parts to glue.

I told the Kitbasher, I had to shave them true.

And then the Kitbasher, she gave me this one clue.

She told me:

Hold these, stick this here. Ring. Fang.

Hammer, hammer, things clang.

I told the Kitbasher, the minis fall to bits.

I told the Kitbasher, the parts they would not stick.

And then the Kitbasher, she told me this one trick.

You can keep your minis from me, so they will be unmodded.

And I'll admit, I shouldn't blowtorch hobbits.

But I went out and bought shinies that make things so much keener.

And they'll amp up my armies to be so, so much more meaner.

Bang on and:

4 people like this