TaleSpinner

Welcome, New and Old Introductions

241 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edit: Again!

Edit: Again Again... wrong quote... 

4 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Fair point. It's someone else's fault, not sure who's but let's blame Ub3rN3rd

We can try... hard to hit an absent target.  Oh wait... maybe he has been doing multi-class training?!?  Not sure why.... but maybe...

Edited by Grayfax
I think I do it out of perversity... and get stung again. No quote? New page... and done!
4 people like this

3 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Fair point. It's someone else's fault, not sure who's but let's blame Ub3rN3rd

He can't keep up with his responsibilities as Forum Barbarian, now you expect him to be the Forum Scapegoat.  Besides, that's Buglips' job!

7 people like this

3 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

He can't keep up with his responsibilities as Forum Barbarian, now you expect him to be the Forum Scapegoat.  Besides, that's Buglips' job!

Quite Right!  Blame Buglips!

8 people like this

5 hours ago, Grayfax said:

Quite Right!  Blame Buglips!

@buglips*the*goblin

I thought I detected your foul stench when I entered the thread....

6 people like this

On 6/30/2017 at 8:13 AM, Beagle said:

Image result for reliant robin  transformers

Image result for reliant robin  transformers

That is hilarious!

2 people like this

On 6/27/2017 at 5:45 PM, Thes Hunter said:

Just a cheese sandwich? I was expecting something a bit more nuanced. 

But I owe @Darsc Zacal a Smirnoff Ice to be sipped under my pergola. Why not, we can add some little cheese sandwiches as well and make it a true party. 

IMG_3424.JPG.aba2303edf393980d8631eccb84c690e.JPG

Speaking of Darsc.. and Louisville, I need to go grab some of those artful eatables to take down with me for friends in Orlando. One of them is a big lover of Buffalo Trace. 

That looks quiet comfy!  I love the brick work under the chairs. 

4 people like this

Congrats on moving from lurker to poster!

8 people like this

5 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

• I'm a mini hoarder.
  • I'm a paint hoarder too.

Welcome! You need to post more so you can join house figmentis! You belong with us :;,;:

If you haven't already, make sure you noodle around in the painting area of the forums. There's lots of great resources there to help you learn. Especially for skin and eyes! 

Make sure you post up show offs of your work. We like to see your pretties. You can also ask for critique of your work. There's lots of pros on the board who can give you advice. 

One of us! One of us! :;,;:

10 people like this

8 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Hi!  I'm Xiwo Xerase.  I've been lurking for a few months and trying to work up the courage to actually introduce myself.  So here we are.

I have only been painting minis for just over a year now but I've learned two things since I started:

• I'm a mini hoarder.
  • I'm a paint hoarder too.

I have mostly painted BattleTech miniatures.  Recently, I have been painting fantasy miniatures.  I worked through LTPK #1 because I needed to learn washing and drybrushing better.  (I have LTPK #2 and have read the booklet but haven't started any of the included minis yet.)  I started painting more fantasy minis in preparation for my upcoming Pathfinder campaign but that's no longer as important since we recently decided we'll be using an online tabletop for it.  My current project is learning to paint skin, using the olive skintone triad (on 89006, Seoni, Iconic Sorceress), the dusky skin triad (on 77073, Freja Fangbreaker), and trying to use Green Ochre as an orc skin color (on 77055, Anval Thricedamned, Evil Warrior).  These being my first figures with eyes, proper skin, and hair, I now believe I've chosen poorly on where to start, but I'll see it through.  (Seoni's the only one with shading or highlighting so far and I swear she's been fighting me every step of the way.  I keep meaning to post a WIP but my photography setup isn't the best right now.)

My father introduced me to wargames (mostly Avalon Hill) and RPGs (1st edition AD&D) when I was young.  I had some friends I played RPGs with in high school (lots of 2nd edition AD&D, where I usually ended up playing the healer because someone had to, a short Amber campaign, and even sometimes BattleTech (yes, I know it's not an RPG)).  Recently, I play with friends from college or shortly thereafter (mostly Exalted or a lighter version of Mage: the Ascension, recently Pathfinder) but we haven't had a real campaign for a few years (divergent schedules).  We'll be starting a new Pathfinder campaign after August's solar eclipse.

I live in the RTP area of North Carolina with my lovely, wonderful wife and our vast collection of books.  During the day (and, during the night more often than I'd like to admit), I'm a system administrator in an environment where every day is different, which is great, and several things are often on fire, which isn't so great -- and they're not even physical fires so we can't use them to toast marshmallows!  At least it pays for my hoarding and painting habits, right?

Welcome!

Stick around and show your work.

Also remember, texts in purple are in jest..

Have fun!

3 people like this

Welcome to the party!

3 people like this

Welcome, just remember, a long as you are having fun painting you are doing it right!

7 people like this

8 hours ago, Citrine said:

Welcome, just remember, a long as you are having fun painting you are doing it right!

This bears repeating!  

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hello. I'm the Nebulous Mistress, or Nebulous Missy for the family crowd (some people claim NSFW). I answer to Neb, Nebulous, Hey You, and various others.

I started gaming in 1997 with a freeform Star Wars RPG where we just made stuff up. Actual rules were introduced when I joined an AD&D group in 1999. I got roped into GMing a Pathfinder game in 2006 and that's been my lot ever since. I think the last time I got to actually play as a PC in anything was in 2009.

I've been painting since 2005. I won a minor prize in 2007 at KublaCon which led to me painting stuff for sale and burning out on the whole thing. I put down my brushes for a year, picked it up again, burnt out again, picked it up again, etc. I've been in a nebulous (ha!) state between wanting to paint and not for over a year now. I love starting a mini but detail work can feel like pulling teeth because it takes so much time for tiny differences it seems only I can see.

I literally just moved cross country from Los Angeles to Philadelphia. As in within this past month. I'm still getting everything unpacked. I bought a desk and I need to mod it because of busted corners. I'll be replacing the paints that I had to get rid of/lost in transit/dried out over time/were found empty. It seems I'll have a gaming group by the end of this month, I'll be GMing Pathfinder. 

I'm looking forward to the Bones 4 Kickstarter as I haven't had a big box of random minis for GMing purposes since I left San Jose. Many years of bottlecap orcs...

Edited by NebulousMissy
18 people like this

6 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Hello. I'm the Nebulous Mistress, or Nebulous Missy for the family crowd (some people claim NSFW). I answer to Neb, Nebulous, Hey You, and various others.

Welcome. I find it odd that some would consider "Mistress" to be NSFW. It was perfectly acceptable on "Doctor Who" back in the Romanadvoratrelundar years when "no hanky panky" was official BBC policy for the children's program.

At any rate, the forum obscenity filters do not change the term to Elf or Broccoli or whatever the substitution du jour is, so I think you are reasonably safe.

7 people like this