Felt like something different last night and started putting paint on this guy. Gave him a snowy owl and polar bear pelt

DSC03502.JPG

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 19

Nice!  I'm curious about the grey you used for the stone parts of the figure: Is it just a trick of the light, or is the grey slightly blue-tinted?  (It reminds me of a "denim" paint I've been using for dungeons, that has an ever-so-slight shift toward blue, and this especially shows up when I take photos, but to the naked eye it still registers as "grey.")  Also, I like the polar bear / snowy owl angle.  I tend to imagine dwarves as being more at home in farther-north, snowy places, so it just seems natural to me.  :)

It's been coated in Blue LIner, with 29832 Concrete grey layered over top of it =) a few layers, because it was rather thin out of the bottle

Theunderlying blue liner could be giving it the blue tint you are seeing

• Like 2

You've been on a roll. It look a great so far. Concrete grey has a blue undertone to it straight out the bottle. I like the new bones mountain stone quite a bit for those looking for less blue grey. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tiniest rhombus said:

You've been on a roll. It look a great so far. Concrete grey has a blue undertone to it straight out the bottle. I like the new bones mountain stone quite a bit for those looking for less blue grey. 

oh it does? guess that helps the blue then xD

he should be fun, i plan to try and do a really good paint job on him ( i usually don't try for good paint jobs on humanoid figures)

• Like 2