ladystorm

Reaper Bones 3: US Zone Complete

2 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

14 different sophies or all the bones 3 one? If all the bones 3 one, are you bulding a demon school or something?

I meant KS3 Sophies. I ordered 13 (Core plus 12) and ended up with an extra in the box. I have my reasons. (They involve a future Eberron Campaign)

I haven't counted my other Sophies but there are probably at least over 14 different ones that I own.

• Like 8

17 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Have I mentioned how happy you stealing my mini so that you can paint it yourself makes me? :wub:

It is sooo nice having a wife that I don't have to explain my hobbies to!

See you in a few.

The Auld Grump

15 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

I just ordered two of the things. As well as doubles of Mr. and Mrs. Bones.

Safer.

That's why Michelle and I usually get two of the big and/or unique pieces. It's just easier that way.

Well, that and we're running a sanctuary for endangered monsters so having mated pairs is a good thing. :B):

• Like 8

On 6/16/2017 at 10:46 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

14 different sophies or all the bones 3 one? If all the bones 3 one, are you bulding a demon school or something?

Great, now I am picturing 14 Sophies, all in fukus....

Looks like I only have one damaged model (the Houngan), and one missing part (the cover for the hinge on the crypt).

Not sure yet if I am going to get replacements or if I will just use Green Stuff to fix the problems - both are pretty minor - though fixing the door with Green Stuff will probably mean having it permanently open or closed.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2

Can anyone provide a rough estimate of how long we have to report any missing pieces/parts?

I went through the box already and confirmed I have all the groups/sets and extras I've ordered but wondering how soon I need to inventory the sets or make sure none of my assembly pieces are missing anything.

To be honest, there are still larger pieces from Bones II that I haven't gotten around to assembling, but I might as well set some sort of goal for myself this time around.

Just finished inventorying everything and I`m really impressed with the overall quality of the miniatures. Love the "not so bendy" material Reaper used for Bones III and also the cemetery pieces made of hard plastic.

That being said, my female frost giant is missing the arm with the staff, which is not really a problem as I don`t intend to paint her anytime soon.

But I actually have an issue with 3 cemetery fences (2 large and 1 small) that have bendy grids. Will the boiling and ice water strategy work on this material? Can this procedure be harmful in any way? I can see it is a bit white on the damaged part, it doesn`t stay on the correct position when I try to fix it with a gentle push and I`m hesitant to force and eventually break it.

• Like 1

Just to see if anyone's seeing anything I'm not - I've got an issue with the paint not being sent to me, and they've just reiterated that I need to include the part number for the missing "piece".  As best as I can tell, the paint doesn't have a part number - does anyone see a part number I don't?

(It's half of paint set A that was missing, if it matters.)

Second (wave 5) shipment delivered today, third (wave 7) through Customs without a hitch - the 3rd was the one I was sweating a little over, it was $230 USD as opposed to the $175 USD of the first two.  I've heard from another NZ backer who had a substantial single order sent via another reshipper - costs were roughly equivalent although their order was a higher dollar value than mine, but regardless it appears that both of us got our shipments well in advance of the Pacific Rim Zone as a whole.

At this stage, if anyone from this part of the world is looking for advice on future Reaper Kickstarters in terms of shipping,

• For New Zealand the limit at which they charge duty on a shipment appears to still be about $230 USD.  This changes depending on the exchange rate & I've heard rumors it might change drastically in future, but right now you'll save yourself 15% GST (sales tax to you yanks) and roughly $100 in processing fees if you split your order into >$230 USD chunks
  • I strongly encourage you to take as much control as you can of the shipping process, and get your Bones sent to a US-based reshipper:  I use the NZPost YouShop service, others have used Mainfreight.  The cost is competitive with the Reaper offerings to date, and you'll have much more control over what's  happening.  Against that it is a bit more work to set up.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Fiala said:

Just to see if anyone's seeing anything I'm not - I've got an issue with the paint not being sent to me, and they've just reiterated that I need to include the part number for the missing "piece".  As best as I can tell, the paint doesn't have a part number - does anyone see a part number I don't?

I'd use the actual paint colour stock number. It's in the pic above the colour of each bottle.

09301, 09302...etc.

1 hour ago, John Fiala said:

I had one bottle red liner missing, and I couldn't find a part number either - no 3 digit number on the KS image and no paint SKUs in the leaflet in the box. I included the paint number from the image in my email, though. I just mailed last night so it'll probably be a while before I hear from them.

(edit) vvv Great, that's the number I included in my mail. vvv

Edited by lazylich

7 hours ago, John Fiala said:

I have two boxes for paint set A. One is labelled as "09596 x 6" and the other as "09597 x 6". Both have those numbers (09596/09597) on the bar codes for the boxes as well. I don't know if that helps you or not but thought I'd offer the info since I have both boxes.

• Like 1

WOOT!

Kickstarter replacement initiated from Reapermini.com (345733)

We're sending you the following:

77580: Ma'aldrakar The Dragon Tyrant x1
Note: SOD for KS order #20963

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email, reference #345733.

Please let us know if you have any questions we may be of assistance with.

• Like 5

On 6/12/2017 at 3:04 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

My box was autographed, Megan's wasn't. ::P: (Or so I have been told - I have not yet seen the box, which is living with its deep, dark secrets at her mum's house.)

Because I do not yet recognize her first+last name on sight like  do yours.

And basically anybody else I autographed.

I had about 30 seconds per box (if that) and if i had to think or it didn't spring to mind immediately, i didn't bother breaking out my sharpie.

On 6/22/2017 at 4:51 AM, Edsterdoom said:

Is there any update on the location of the ships? The lack of news is mildly stressful. 

I am developing an update Today.

• Like 15

I just read the update.

Thx Bryan!

I'm looking forward to receive my 20 minis.

Soooo many ideas.

• Like 4