Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Limey72

Brain in a jar

12 posts in this topic

As the shipwreck golem is almost finished I thought I would move on to the brain.  It has quiet a footprint so I went with a large base with an apocalyptic feel so here's what I got so far.  Vinyl tile is wonderous for road sections

IMG_2493.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2494.JPG

13 people like this

10 hours ago, Limey72 said:

Vinyl tile is wonderous for road sections

I hear it also has a warmer sound compared to digital. :poke:

That's a great idea.  Given how little would be needed for basing, I wonder what the easiest/cheapest method for obtaining some is outside of saving scraps from a kitchen or bathroom DIY remodel.

5 people like this

Ooo.  Great basing!  I could so use a look like THAT for some of my larger Fallout conversions.  :)  Okay, how did you get the cracked mud texture?  Is that some sort of crackle-paint trick, or some sort of drying/cracking gel mix?  I love the shattered pavement look, too!

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, Dr_Automaton said:

I hear it also has a warmer sound compared to digital. :poke:

That's a great idea.  Given how little would be needed for basing, I wonder what the easiest/cheapest method for obtaining some is outside of saving scraps from a kitchen or bathroom DIY remodel.

You might be able to talk to your local store and see if they have offcuts and scraps. Since the big sheets run as low as $0.53/sq. ft. (from a national chain website), I suspect that if they do, you could get them cheap or free. Talk to the contractor desk.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ok quick update as I had a busy weekend with an AC issue and vet visit, Jordan the earth is two of citadels technical paints agrellan earth and apocalypse dust I believe.  The one that cracks was painted around the road sections only.  

IMG_2496.JPG

Edited by Limey72
7 people like this

So I didn't like the way the wash looked on the gold basecoated, stripped and based with half naked gold and half gold shadow then working the highlights up

IMG_2499.JPG

3 people like this

Great base and solid start on an amazing mini!  Looking forward to this!

1 person likes this

This is going to take awhile but you can kinda see where it's going

IMG_2500.JPG

8 people like this

Fixed the tripod to the base and continue work on bringing up the colors 

IMG_2501.JPG

IMG_2502.JPG

IMG_2503.JPG

2 people like this

Got the brain assembled and added some goo, now once it sets I can highlight and it's done

IMG_2506.JPG

IMG_2505.JPG

IMG_2504.JPG

4 people like this

Looking good. Gotta say, somehow that base is the star of the show. That thing came out awesome!

Yeah I am real happy with the base ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0