Skrill

Kyphrixis the Copper (Bones 3)

24 posts in this topic

Oh, this is beautiful.

2 people like this

This is fantastic and really set off my imagination when looking at my unpainted model. I absolutely love the wings and the contrasting scales.

Im thinking about painting my clear version of him as a shadow dragon but my regular one will follow a similar scheme to yours.

1 person likes this

I think you were able to break things down well.  I like the variation of tone on the scales and the wing membrane.  Great work. 

1 person likes this

Those wings....wow! He's gorgeous!

1 person likes this

Beautiful dragon. I picture it as one of the heroic dragons from the Dragonlance chronicles. 

1 person likes this

You did give him a great deal of character. He looks like a dragon that has been through some things. Great paint job. 

1 person likes this

Fantastic job! The best copper dragon I've seen.

1 person likes this

Very nice. I like the contrast of the pale wings, and how you did not go overboard with the verdigris and let the copper shine through. 

1 person likes this

OMG I love this.. how much? I am going to shamelessly rip you off and paint my Kyprixix in the same manner!!!

AJ

4 people like this

Really fantastic - love what you have achieved here with the metallics

Can you say what specific craft paints you used? Is the skin of his wings a metallic as well?

2 people like this

Very well done, The paint genuinely looks like copper 

1 person likes this

Holy carp, that's amazing

1 person likes this

Thank you all for the nice comments. 

34 minutes ago, petrov27 said:

Really fantastic - love what you have achieved here with the metallics

Can you say what specific craft paints you used? Is the skin of his wings a metallic as well?

The craft paints are "FolkArt Metallic". I got them in Walmart (Canada). 

I used copper (very red) and bronze (more orange). 

The washes were Vallejo game ink. 

Yes, the skin on the wings is also metallic. (Very diluted metallic paint on white primer)

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now