Sign in to follow this  
vulture

Ugh, robbed

Sorry to hear this, and I hope you're OK Vulture.

Someone broke into my car about 8 years ago and stole my complete collection of Chaosium's Pendragon and Call of Cthulhu books (about 40 books) - I often wonder how they got away with them and whether they got into roleplaying as a result.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

Sorry to hear this, and I hope you're OK Vulture.

Someone broke into my car about 8 years ago and stole my complete collection of Chaosium's Pendragon and Call of Cthulhu books (about 40 books) - I often wonder how they got away with them and whether they got into roleplaying as a result.

I also lost a backpack full of gaming supplies to thieves. 'Elfer got my lucky GenCon dice that always rolled high when I needed them to.

• Like 3

Aaaaaand there was just a shooting directly in front of my house and a girl was hit. Really feeling like I need to GTFO.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, vulture said:

Aaaaaand there was just a shooting directly in front of my house and a girl was hit. Really feeling like I need to GTFO.

::o:  Great Scott.  I am so very sorry.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vulture said:

Seems that way.

As trashy as my neighbor's daughters and their boyfriends are, I can say that the worst that's happened to me is that my laptop and my zune were stolen from my car the one time I both left my backpack in my car and forgot to lock the car. So I can't even be that mad at anyone other than myself because it's largely my own fault for colossally screwing up like that.

I just gave an interview to the local news, which a bit surreal. The girl hit was 15; word is she will make it but was hit in the arm 5 times. there was blood everywhere; It made for quite the conversation with the kids. 

Kicker is, just before giving the interview my neighbor comes over to give me some mail - apparently all of our boxes has been robbed as well, and they had recovered some of it opened at the end of the street. WTH is going on!

Edited by vulture
  • Like 3

There's a lot of mail that can be interesting for thieves. 

CC companies send out cards to prospective customers uninvited, checques, papers with SS info that can be used for fraud...   

Some people even send money in the mail. 

(In many countries it's strictly forbidden to send money in the mail because they want to discourage robberies)

9 hours ago, vulture said:

I just gave an interview to the local news, which a bit surreal. The girl hit was 15; word is she will make it but was hit in the arm 5 times. there was blood everywhere; It made for quite the conversation with the kids. 

Kicker is, just before giving the interview my neighbor comes over to give me some mail - apparently all of our boxes has been robbed as well, and they had recovered some of it opened at the end of the street. WTH is going on!

Come over to the UK, I'll put you up. It's super safe here (exploding Islamists aside)

• Like 4

22 hours ago, vulture said:

That sounds like a pretty good assessment.

I hope things get better soon.

• Like 2

@vulture sorry to hear about the robbing.

Also shooting...yikes..

I hope you're allright.