Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
@SisterMaryNapalm and I both have some German Grenadiers (and I think he was some Fallschirmjager as well) that we are working on, and since that's a fine coincidence I thought it would be fun to share a thread with our work on them. I know we're at least using somewhat different paints, and possibly also different methods, so it might be interesting to see how they turn out.
These are mine from the Bolt Action Band of Brothers starter set. I have another squad, but all of those are wearing standard Feldgrau uniforms so they're represented here by the Leutnant with binoculars and map, and the NCO with field cap and submachinegun. Most of the others are wearing camouflaged tent quarters, so that should prove... challenging. At this stage, I've assembled them, primed them with stynylrez, and they've got a coat of VMC Feldgrau that I darkened 50/50 with Reaper Brown Liner. They're more assembled than I'd probably prefer, but I'm used to figures with fewer pieces so I haven't quite got a working method worked out for multipart multioption plastic figures yet. I don't expect it will be too much trouble. I hope not, anyway.
Apologies for any craptacular photos, I'm compelled to use my ancient Galaxy S3 and haven't yet replaced my camera. Frankenphone sometimes works, and sometimes it calls in sick.
My painting time is pretty limited these days, but I still fit it in here and there. I find elementals to be excellent and relaxing subjects for brief speedpainting sessions; their crude natures are very forgiving for the time-constrained.
This guy is a pretty hefty piece of metal & a nice unique sculpt.
This is Reaper's 14388 Blackfreef Pirate from their Warlord range.
He is part of my Lost World Project, there he is Toni the First Mate of the Swordfish.
I started painting these in 2007! I had received two sets on clearance from a gaming website.
I picked them up again briefly in 2011.
I had just purchased a bunch of Vallejo Game Colors.
I recently picked them up again to get them off the shelf of shame that they seemed to be permanent fixtures of.
Sadly, the VGC Paints were not able to salvage. One of them was more done than the others, so he looks a little different.
The front right of the first picture.
I finished them off quickly with Reaper paints.
This was the first time I primed minis white, then built up layers of very thinned basecoats.
It made these guys much brighter.
Sorry some of the pics are out of focus.
I am thinking to do the next set more black/red or more of a realistic lizard scheme.
Who's Online 22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)