Bones 3 had a bit of an unfortunate arrival time for me, coming in the middle of an unplanned move.  It may have taken me a bit, but I'm finally getting started on some of the pieces!

I even took them with me for some down time on our yearly beach vacation, though my set-up here is not very scenic:

5943f08718e9c_giantswip.jpg.3b59e251588c56a905589a141cf2754a.jpg

That was last week, and now they're a bit closer to completion, with some details and fixes, basing, and sealing to be done.  Some Bones 3 furniture snuck in as well:

giants!.jpg.83c64baf28411702f809ecb08147d67f.jpg

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

In business news, the price of giant slaying swords has spiked by over 150% due to increased demand.

You should see the horde they're joining:

5943f43aa08a6_giantlot.jpg.eddf1f22115af574b2763d05081cde75.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Very nice. You even snuck in a twig blight! :lol:

Sadly he took the full brunt of a sealer malfunction.  There's also a Brass Monkey and Tin Woodsman in there, but they had similar fates, and will not be highlighted yet.

Although there was an issue with the foggies from a sealer, here's the finished Giant gang:

What do you call a group of Giants, anyway?  A Jotunning of Giants?  A flattening of Giants?  A TPK of Giants?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guindyloo
      Hello fine people (and other assorted things) of the Reaper forum!

Continuing in our project of teaming up to show you two different methods to go about painting the same miniature, Buglips and I decided that we would do a WIP thread for Con Crud, Convention Zombie from the 2017 Reapercon swag bag! He's a great little figure, sculpted by Gene Van Horne, that we thought we could have some fun with.

This will be our second shared WIP thread in this series of ours, in case you missed it, check out our first one where we painted Thanis the Bonecaller:

As with that one, I will be covering my usual method of painting for display, and Buglips will be approaching the figure with his own usual "fast-but-decent method." As with the last one, Buglips' method will be much faster than mine will be and you'll get to see where our two styles diverge. We will be sharing our own issues, thoughts and methods with you in the hopes that someone will find such things useful.

So on to the mini!
      Here's my Con Crud, fresh out of his blister:

I prepped him in my usual way, with some diamond files to grind off the mold lines and bit of flash that you can see on his outstretched foot and hand. He has some notable mold lines through his hair and back and down the left (his left) side of his face. I'll show you throughout the process how I'll tackle those.

So here he is after I primed him with Reaper's Brush-On Primer in white, thinned down with some water. As usual, I only did one thin coat so as not to obscure the details on him and I took a couple of additional shots from different angles so you can see some of the mold lines that I'll need to work on a little more down the road.

• By Guildenstern
      Little bit of a center piece for this piece of terrain but it's a great little err mini. I'd like to get a couple more - slap them on some more terrain bits. Anyways:

Dry ^^

Slightly different view and slightly wet in this shot:

close up of the little attempt I made a broken computer type screen:

• By BananeDC
      Hi everyone, i'd like to share the photos of my Cadirith, from Bones II.

• By jonaas33
      Greetings!  This post and pics are less about bragging and more about posterity.  I finished this guy up tonight and was pretty happy with how it turned out.  However, it wasn't exactly how it hoped it would look.  This is one of my favorite figs I bought in a long time, and I was stoked to get it started.  So excited that I opted not to scrape away the mold lines and did a super bad job with the spray primer, which left for a lot of flaky areas and bits of plastic sticking out.  So my plan for this fig is that next year, I will buy a new version of Sir Conlan and give him another try with some real prep beforehand.  I'm hoping this will be a sort of measuring tape for how my painting is coming along.  Worst case scenerio:  I'll have an evil twin for this cool looking fig!  Comments, critiques, and advice are always welcome!  Thanks!

• By Skrill
      Hi,

I finally managed to post some pictures of the Crypt from the Bones 3 graveyard expansion I painted.
      I went with a simple paint scheme with a heavy dose of washes and over-brush + dry-brush to cover these large areas and keep them interesting.
      For the inside, I decided to give the markings on the floor an eerie glow and had fun practicing with my airbrush on the tiles.
      I really like how they molded the door hinge to allow it to swing open. It allows for some fun pics..

Peek a BOO!

• Who's Online   40 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)