TheAuldGrump

Paranormal Romance Gaming [No Megans!]

The only reasons that I am not using Georgio Spigotti - 1.) Megan would get it too easily, we have watched Bedazzled together. And 2.) It would be a flying purple anachronism - the game takes place in the 1940s, and the movie is not made until the '60s.

This does not mean that in some future game there will not be a Georgia Spigotta....

The Auld Grump - he's a shapechanger, no reason not to have a Georgia, eh?

*EDIT* For this game, I am going with shapechangers also changing their personalities - so, Bob Goodfriend will say some... rather nasty things about Robert Bonami, while Bonami will say that 'Mr. Goodfriend means well - he would put you on a pedestal, to be protected, admired, and occasionally dusted - but you would not grow, under his protection. My protection would be far less adequate - but you would grow, and, I think, blossom, with my help.'

Same creature, different motivations, and different outcomes - conflicting motivations within the psyche of Goodfellow, each given form and breath.

*EDIT II* It could be argued, and, indeed, I would so argue, that George Spiggott, as portrayed in Bedazzled, is not exactly evil - he is forcing Stanley Moon to grow. Taking sadistic pleasure while doing so, but still encouraging character growth. He is the Trickster as Teacher.

Edited by TheAuldGrump

Silly person, you could call him Giorgio (not Georgio) Zipolo, zipolo being Italian for bung or spigot, or Giorgio Rubinetto, rubinetto being Italian for faucet or tap.

• Like 2

Discovering that while Bonami comes across as kind of unctuous, he is really just kind of earnest.

And maybe just a tad OCD.

The Auld Grump - who has the horrible feeling that they may be The Odd Couple.

Things are going to get a bit dark tonight, if they explore the area behind the wall that Carol broke down - the scattered and gnawed bones of a young girl, along with bits of the rope that was used to bind her.

The people that walled the monster up behind the basement wall used a child as bait - and sealed the hole as it was feeding on her - with no intent to save her. They are every bit as bad as the monster they entombed.

Timeline wise - the walled up section dates back to the New England vampire scare of the late 19th Century. (I am taking liberties - the vampire scare mostly took place in Rhode Island, while this is Beacon Hill in Boston - but the house was built by a Rhode Island expatriate.)

The little girl will be the third ghost in this house - both the saddest, and most dangerous. What happened to her was horrible.

The Auld Grump - this brings things a bit closer to the tone of the Berlin Between the Wars game.

Megan is trying to recruit the players for the Starjammer game! :lol:

I am going to take that as a not-very-subtle hint. ::P:

Jenny's character has just been awakened and saved by the ghost of Captain Abrams.

The Auld Grump

Whoo hoo! The plot actually advanced a full night's worth!

Party is again split - two PCs and one NPC going after the undead thing from beneath the brownstone. I should have realized that when Enterling demonstrated his aptitude with fire magic that he was going to become a resource.

The other two PCs, and one NPC - Bonami(?!) helping to get the smith out of prison. ('Of course he has a sword! He's a Knight of Columbus - he wasn't expecting to have to use it!')

And between games, they are starting to dig up what info they can find about whover went and threw a child in to distract a monster.

The Auld Grump

We also had our first 'Fade to Black' off screen sex scene - there is no way I am going to be at all detailed in the game, I am afraid. (Jenny's character and Bonami.... Which came as a surprise to me. Last I knew, she didn't trust him as far as she could throw him.)

The Auld Grump

31 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Tonight's game is going to shape what happens in the rest of the campaign - and I have no idea what direction it is going to go. ::):

The Auld Grump

Those can be some of the mos fun game sessions. ::D:

Jenny is giving Bonami 'A Year and a Day' to prove his troth.

Carrie (not Carol - I have been getting her name wrong through this entire thing... I shoulda stuck with 'hey, you' like I use with everyone else...) and Annie have started looking into the death of Captain Abrams - convinced that it was murder, not suicide that led to his dying in the same building where the bones of a small girl were found in the wall of the basement.

For some reason, they seem to think that it isn't just a coincidence. (It isn't - nor is it the only place in the city where there is a corpse hidden behind a wall - there is also the parochial school.... (Which happened in the real world - my older sister was at the school when the bones were found, in the 1960s.)

Carrie's character is still in the hospital - contrary to what TV might lead you to believe, getting knocked out is pretty danged serious.

Megan and co. managed to get Weylandsen released - and are going to recruit the Enterlings in getting rid of the Tein for once and for all. (Which means that Bonami will find out sooner or later, as well - and since he never gave in to paying the tithe... might be willing to help.)

Which means the party's focus is all over the place - and no one is currently looking for the undead thing that escaped from the basement while Carrie was unconscious. (Having the thing escape was nicer than what it might otherwise have done - the rest of the party finding Carrie's well gnawed corpse would have been awkward... So I had it wanting to get out more than it wanted to eat, though I feel that it really should be the other way around - the thing just isn't that smart.)

• Like 2

There could be multiple reasons why it wouldn't eat Carrie. Some monsters have weird dietary restrictions. 

For example, if it needed fear as much as flesh an unconscious prey wouldn't appeal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Argentee said:

There could be multiple reasons why it wouldn't eat Carrie. Some monsters have weird dietary restrictions. 

For example, if it needed fear as much as flesh an unconscious prey wouldn't appeal. 

Based on the old, nearly mindless, vampires of mythology - a lot closer to what we picture as ghouls, these days, than vampires - sparkling or otherwise.... (They didn't just drink blood - there was some serious noshing taking place....)

So, just going with it wanting out - but there will be bodies piling up in a short while. (I may have it start with children - small and easily portable.)

On the other hand, I have noticed that the PCs are staying in groups now - not so much striking out on their own....

The Auld Grump

Because of an empty spot in our gaming schedule for the week (damn you Pennsic!) I will be running the paranormal romance game twice this week - the second will be Saturday, and live action. I have a shot at an empty floor, and some Swing.

I will be playing Weylandsen, even though Bonami is much more fleshed out. (I designed Bonami/Goodfriend with Megan in mind... then she gave that character to Jenny, and created a dwarf smith, instead... Weylandsen was a quick fix. ::P: )

The Auld Grump - so, I will be drafting those Pathfinder players that are not at Pennsic for other characters. *EDIT* Molly (the Younger) will be Mrs Enterling, need to find a good Mr. Enterling.

On 8/7/2017 at 2:35 PM, Argentee said:

Decided to go with a nice, easy 'the Ghost scared it off, before it could eat her'.

The vampire being busy will be the subject of tomorrow night's game, Saturday will be the season closer.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump

The costume theme for our two characters - two dwarfs that are trying to have a romantic dancing date - and neither quite 'getting it'.

Megan will be wearing her swishy beaded black dress - with her Doc Martins, I will be wearing a tuxedo shirt - with chains running from wrists to above the elbows, and as suspenders.

Both of us with smithing hammers and work aprons over our dancing duds.

I predict that I will have bruised shins come Sunday morning.

The Auld Grump - it took us a disturbingly short time coming up with our costumes....

*EDIT* Saturday's game is taking the place of the regular Pathfinder game, cancelled due to Pennsic.

Edited by TheAuldGrump

Tonight's game has been temporarily derailed by costume design talk - Megan is modeling her costume, and I need to change into mine. :blush:

The Auld Grump - Megan is suggesting that I add the kilt. (Oi fink she likes me knees.)