TheAuldGrump

Paranormal Romance Gaming [No Megans!]

Or not so temporarily - only one of them, besides Megan has ever danced Swing - and that is Annie, in her sixties.

So, we ended up going out to the boardwalk, above the river, and got a quick lesson in.

I had to call Dennis (the Younger) to help with that - he is a lot better at teaching dancing than I am. He will be playing Bonami tomorrow night, he and Jenny know each other, and they are about the same age... I think. (Things I am not good at #57 - guessing ages.)

Megan and I got some applause by onlookers, and Annie said that now she understands why Megan and I are together.

So, I will need to tack on a game or two after the dance tomorrow, since the plot was abandoned in favor of dancing  on a boardwalk.

The Auld Grump - no regular games next week - the retreat.

• Like 1

One of the songs we danced to -

Yes, that does look like folks break dancing to a Swing tune, doesn't it? (And, no, we didn't! ::P: )

The Auld Grump - who first heard this song in an ad for the computer game Contrast.

• Like 1

While Megan and I were gallivanting around in the woods near Rangely, Carrie was breaking up with her cohabitant boyfriend.

When we would normally have been playing the game, the house her ex-boyfriend was living in burned down - no one hurt, and the cause appears to be an air conditioner on an overloaded line.

She had already moved out, so none of her stuff was damaged - but he had to borrow her car, because his own was lost in the fire.

And I didn't know about any of that until I got an e-mail from Annie, about a minute ago.

Whoof. I have no idea what to say to her.

The Auld Grump

Last game tonight - as soon as the players get here.

Carrie is moving back up near her family, in Rumsford.

Not sure if we will be getting back to the game for part two - losing one of four players has a pretty big impact.

The Auld Grump

Well, finished off about two sessions worth in a single sitting - getting done well after midnight.

The vampire has been dealt with - not without some loss of life, though not any party members.

Carrie's character has been... sort of killed off. In a coma, wandering with the ghost of Capt. Abrams. (She will have a miraculous recovery if Carrie comes back.) Taking both her and her potential love interest out of the picture.

And gave in to my daemon of mischief - there is now an NPC based on Lord Summerisle - sort of. Female, and named Ellen Samread. (A corruption of Na h-Eileanan Samhraidh - the Gaelic name for the Summer Islands, off the shore of Loch Broom.)

Looks like Titania is trying to make a comeback - giving Bonami a problem to deal with next season, should it happen. (Yes, I have plans for Oberon as well - but they will not happen in the game. For my purposes, he is the Lord Summerisle that was played by Sir Christopher Lee in The Wicker Man. But at this point in time, he is sleeping - and will not awaken until Titania enters her slumber again.)

*** Off Topic Digression ***

Jenny brought along two big bags of barbecue and some jerked chicken.

I took one bite of the jerked chicken and asked: Where did you get this? This is Uncle Billy's jerk slather, and they have been gone for twenty years!

Jenny: No, they just opened this week, about a block from my place.

Followed by some back and forth, where we determined that, yes, it is the same Uncle Billy's, that they have been gone for twenty years, and that yes, they're back.

Now to find out if they are going to be selling jars of their jerk slather again... the stuff is powerful good - and fondly stuck in my memory for twenty years....

The Auld Grump - rom nom nom....

• Like 3

On 7/16/2017 at 10:17 PM, Pingo said:

I always thought George Spiggott was a fantastic name for the devil.

"There was a time when I used to get lots of ideas. I thought up the Seven Deadly Sins in one afternoon. The only thing I've come up with recently is advertising."

"What terrible sins I have working for me. I suppose it's the wages."

"Julie Andrews!"

Megan has pointed out to me that George Spiggott is a classic Trickster archetype, and is not evil as he is portrayed in the movie.

He actually put a lot of work into setting up a learning experience for Mr. Moon, preventing him from going downhill....

Reminded me of the song The Black Fox. (Pretty sure that the 'devil' in the song is just a fae, in a mood for mischief....)

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

Thinking about doing something with the two dogs that were executed during the Salem Witch Trials. (Yes. Dogs. Yes, they were hanged.) A third dog was accused, and was found innocent when it died from being shot.

*EDIT* Added link.

Yeah... those folks were barking mad.

Any ideas?

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump

So, I had a dream where I was running a Twelfth Night game for the kids... involving The Lord of Misrule....

I would never run the game for the kids, like I did in the dream - for one thing, expecting nine year olds to grock the whole concept of Misrule....

But... for the Paranormal Romance game?

And add in that Christmas was banned in Boston for a very long time?

I think I have found my plot - but I probably won't be able to run it on Twelfth Night....

I blame Pingo's daughter for putting it into my subconscious....

The Auld Grump - who is probably not Odin in disguise....

Going through some of our older tees, I ran into the plot for this year's traditional Mother's Day Ghostbusters game....

american_apperition_audoboun_tshirt.jpg?

The American Apparition Audubon Society is going to be one of the antagonists.... (Preserving Our Supernatural Heritage)

The Auld Grump - this will be our fourth year... three years makes it a tradition, right?

*EDIT* Megan, her mum, her aunt, and her cousin are the players. We beat the movie to having an all female Ghostbusting team...

*EDIT 2* Megan hated the most recent Ghostbusters movie more than I did - for her, the old movies and TV shows were a family tradition. (We will probably also play HeroQuest. ::): )

Edited by TheAuldGrump

And I am tying this in with the plot of the Paranormal Romance game - decades later.

I wonder how Mega is going to handle hearing the name Bonami again. ::P:

The Auld Grump

I told the creator of the tee shirt about my evil plan - she gave me permission, and told me about her 7th Sea game. ::P:

The pitter-patter of little feet (STOMP, STOMP, STOMP! Thump, thump, thump *BANG!* Ow! Thump, thump, thump!) marks the return of small people armed with paint brushes and miniatures....

The Auld Grump - the cats have already learned to hide when they hear the sound. The dog is still holding out hope that food will be involved.

• Like 1

Being obnoxious - ordering two of the Bones Lemures, and painting one orange, with blondish hair added with green stuff and a pale ring around the eyes.

The other is getting grey hair, greying skin, and an unkempt look.

One is named Donald, the other is named Steve....

77326_p_1_mp.jpg

Hitting them with proton beams just causes them to divide and multiply.....

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1