So I got my cut of Bones 3 from the person I went in with, and decided that the first thing to get done would be Bonehenge....

Started by airbrushing with Grey Liner cut 50%, Then Stynylrex Black, then Stynylrez Grey, cut 50% as a Zenithal....

I then remembered how mad I got at myself for not scraping the mold lines on my DDS 2 terrain, and got busy....

Was pleasantly surprised that only the 2 upright pieces with lintle stones had anything at all noticeable....

Then the Black (Cut 50% this time!) and Grey were redone on those 2 pieces....

011.thumb.JPG.d91667bf5ff35e61645edff0a935bd4d.JPG

Pretty much plan to follow the same paint scheme that I did for my DDS 2....

• Like 11

You are off to a FINE start on a piece with oodles of potential. Enjoy the painting & such.

So...

I have been working on this, slowly, just not taking pics....

001.JPG.aef0ae432fadf1220c433d1fb9bcccc9.JPG

002.JPG.96c342f82c53151e259c54ad6cde8847.JPG

003.JPG.a31f7eb34c51ca781d6168ca6b05d1f5.JPG

pretty much done with the paint,need to spray with Dullcote, and hopefully I can flock it up for the Frostgrave game on Sunday....

• Like 10

that looks great! 

love the texture, it looks like quality terrain.  Any problems with warped bases or other structure issues? 

Your color choices are OUTSTANDING...there is something of an aura about the Stones. LOOKIN' GOOD!

I love the stones.  You've painted them in a way that makes them both beautiful and mysterious.  I think this will make an excellent terrain piece on your table.  I'm totally going to try and replicate your stonework.   I'm thinking something like that would be awesome for cave terrain tiles or something.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

that looks great! 

love the texture, it looks like quality terrain.  Any problems with warped bases or other structure issues? 

no, nothing really awful....

mold lines that I thought I had gotten...

and a tad bit of putty...

(see Knarthex's law in sig...)

Some different tufts and started to add some moss flock....

they will be used in tomorrows Frostgrave game....

and then I will finish with some static grass....

thanks for the compliments!

It really isn't that hard to achieve the effects I have gotten, though it does have it's "REALLY UGLY" stages, especially after applying the multi colored inks!

This looked like a clown's conception of "COOL" before the second series of dry brushing....

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now