Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Coldfire

Ancient Male Wizard from Dark Sword Miniatures

Good work on the OSL. I really like the neat and simple style you used on the cloth. Well done.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vacaroja
      It all started with a D&D group forming.  That's when I started up the painting minis in June.  And having trouble finding figures that we felt represented our characters, I opted to have some fun and use some anthropomorphic Dark Sword critters.  Plus, I admit I was a little scared of doing human faces on my first go.

What they represent in our game, from left to right -
      A Half Elf warlock, a Goliath warrior, an Elf swashbuckler, and a Dragonkin cleric of Talos.

And the badger's weapon is a conversion because the original mace head broke off and my friend's character carried a glaive.  I bought one of the Reaper weapon packs and used a piece from that for the conversion.  I also got a surprise and found that I had already bought the badger a long time ago, so I had two!  So I painted both up and call them "The Brothers".

I love their furry cloaks.
    • By TheOldGuard
      Hi All!

I've just been rearranging my display shelves & have noticed that I actually have a few minis that I have never shown on these boards. They are the first ones that I painted a few years ago when I returned to the hobby after many, many years. I will show the others soon but to begin with, here's GW's Gandalf The White & Shadowfax.

The actual paint job is essentialy me getting back in the swing of things by copying the image on the miniatures' packaging, I made the base terrain(s) using air drying clay, gravel & sand & added some grass clumps to finish.

Gandalf on foot

Gandalf mounted on Shadowfax

Back soon with something "big, ferocious & wingy" - thanks for looking!

• By Sophie was taken
      Messing around with more paints and stuff, here’s Cassie:

I don’t know why I keep getting drawn back to white cloth, but it seemed appropriately lab-coatish here. Maggot White, with Breast Cancer Awareness Pink underneath. 

I’m calling this a win because her right eye actually looks decent in my opinion, so I’m happy for that at least. A fun one to paint, as well.
    • By Ash Adler
      I got a bunch of these with my last order, so I figured they'd make some good practice.  Bonus points for having a major cloth area, so it'd be a chance to make up for the poor job I did of blending the layers on the cloth of my last mini.

As ever, more pictures and my thought process are on my blog: link

All in all, I'm very happy with how this one went.  The cloth is MUCH better than what I did last time, I think the hair looks good for my first time doing an orange-leaning brunette (though I should've pushed the highlights further; a recurring problem for me), the flower and sword sheath came out pretty clean despite my trepidation about such minute details (my buckles are sloppy, but those are so damned small, I just don't have the brush control to do them cleanly yet [and it didn't help that my hands were shaky since I tried to do them soon after my weekend challenge workout ] ), and while I don't think I quite managed to get the wood-to-bone transmuting effect that I was going for on the primary weapon, I do think that I got a decent transition between the two colors, considering that my only previous experience with blending between different colors was Necromancer.

Is there an alternative to shading fine textures like hair aside from either washing or spending ages doing really fine layering?  I dislike relying so much on Agrax skillshade, but I just don't see a good way of avoiding it with those types of details because I just don't have it in me to put in the time that the latter would take seeing as it takes me 5-10 hours to do a single mini at my present skill level.

C&C welcome
    • By Pochi
      This is the little mage that goes with the Wizard in the Mouseling Wizards set from Bones 3.

She hasn't been sealed yet so the orb isn't glossy and she herself is a bit shiny in places. Another fun little mouse! I even gave her lavender eye shadow. It was hard to tell what a couple things on her were. I guessed it is a scroll case attached to one side of her belt with a pouch. I have no idea what is supposed to be under her other arm attached to her belt. We'll see if she makes an appearance in tomorrow's game!

C&C welcome!

• Who's Online   16 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)