11 posts in this topic

Nicely done on all of them! And so quick. I struggle with finishing a 15mm figure in a couple weeks.

1 person likes this

That's a great bunch of giants. I like the frost giants a lot more that I thought I would during the campaign. The Inuit style are still my favorite but these look terrific all painted up. I especially like how you painted up the horns. 

1 person likes this

Awesome

1 person likes this

On 6/17/2017 at 8:43 AM, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Nicely done on all of them! And so quick. I struggle with finishing a 15mm figure in a couple weeks.

Honestly, these days, most of my technique is aimed at finishing pieces in bulk, rather than detail.  I want to get them game ready rather than sit unused in a bin for years.  Not like I don't have plenty of miniatures of that latter description, though!

19 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

That's a great bunch of giants. I like the frost giants a lot more that I thought I would during the campaign. The Inuit style are still my favorite but these look terrific all painted up. I especially like how you painted up the horns. 

Thanks!  It's Reaper's "Graveyard Bone" with a Citadel "Gryphon Sepia" wash over it.

1 person likes this

Wow!!!! Great looking models. 

1 person likes this

They look amazing!

1 person likes this

Great work on them! I'm glad you were able to recover from the sealer malfunction.

1 person likes this

8 giants? I aim for 6 figures a month, and giants count as two.  (at lest the hippo king did.) 

The frost giants look especially nice, except the queen.  

she could us a little more work- the front of her dress is off somehow and slightly blotchy skin, which sticks out since so much of it is exposed. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Evilhalfling said:

8 giants? I aim for 6 figures a month, and giants count as two.  (at lest the hippo king did.) 

The frost giants look especially nice, except the queen.  

she could us a little more work- the front of her dress is off somehow and slightly blotchy skin, which sticks out since so much of it is exposed. 

Yeah, the dress discoloration is from the sealant...left a bit of fog.  Fixing it stripped a bit off of her.  I'm not sure if that's the reason for the blotchy skin, I may need to touch that up directly between projects.

1 person likes this

Those are Great!!!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      The most recent project has been a return to working on my Nurgle forces for 40k.  I'd been finishing up some Plague Zombies I had started before 8th even hit...I'll have more of these guys in the army than the actual Poxwalkers:

They were a bit cut out, but you can see the also in progress vehicles in the background.  From some fun sales events, I have the bits for so so many Mantic Zombies sitting around, and plan on diversifying the Pox horde to represent most of the 40k forces post-life.

Distraction, however, arrived in the form of Marine reinforcement!

I love the fact that the new Marine models actually live up to their reputation of gigantic bio-engineered super-soldiers. While it is a bit sad to slowly upgrade my Chaos forces to a more focused Legion, I wound up selling off or trading my older Plague Marines who look silly compared to these new guys.  

The new models, while having less options and more strict builds, are quite impressive.

The Deathshroud basically only have head choices (and a few swap outs for the Champion), but they do stand out:

While I plan on converting most of the new character options from the Death Guard codex like the Biologus Putrifier, Foul Bloatspawn, and Ichor-Bearing Gooeycopyrightablename, I had to get the official mini for the Tallyman.  Power Abacus!

• By TGP
      @Everyone :: Please feel free to share your pix of creations from the Bones Conversion Classes in this thread. 

I will **start:

As a beginning exercise Gene Bobby and Jason had everyone pick a body, add one thing, and pass it to the right. That was repeated three times. These were the result. 

**Be warned I have moar pix...
    • By Ash Adler
      I had a really good time with this kit, and I feel like I learned a lot from it, too.  Win-win!

This is probably my best paint job to date, and it was pretty cool to see those highlights and shades build up layer by layer.  Similar to the skeleton in the first kit, this one was quite fun to work on despite being a fairly simple model.

If the wizard was the best paint job, this one was the most fun.  Sadly, something about the posture just confounded me when it came to trying to take good pictures of it.  Also, those lips

I was a bit sloppy with this one, probably because I wanted to just finish with the kits and get on to doing my own minis again.  Nevertheless, it was a neat challenge to try doing so many layers of colors for this one, and if nothing else, that left eye is probably the best eye I've painted (right one's a bit of a mess ).

On the whole, I'm very grateful for all of the people who suggested getting the LTP kits.  Definitely a great couple of learning tools.  Many thanks!
    • By Lidless Eye
      Another set complete!  This time it's a group of Eastern Fantasy themed adventurers and encounters.  Almost all the minis are from the third Bones Kickstarter, with the exception of the Tengu/Kenku Monk armed with kamas.  She's from Stonehaven.

The group:

The Oni:

The Kitsune.  The male is one of my favorites...I hadn't even noticed the sake glass in his hand  until I started painting!  That and his swagger make for a very characterful sculpt.

Just some Human Monks:

The Kenku/Tengu:

This is the non-Reaper one, a Monk from Stonehaven Miniatures:

Flock!

• Who's Online   40 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)