TheOldGuard

TheOldGuard paints some very old Citadel dragons - (pic heavy!)

I remember all of these when they first came out.

Now I feel old.....

Nice stuff though!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ghool said:

I remember all of these when they first came out.

Now I feel old.....

Nice stuff though!

Thanks! They're around 35 years old I think.

4 hours ago, magicalgenie said:

These are all terrific, but I particularly am drawn to the black dragon. Lovely color choice and highlighting on it!

Thank you, I'm happy with how he turned out!

The Old Lizards did have a certain charm to them that your WONDERFUL work with brush & palette have enhanced. Your bases are likewise LOVELYVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Darius Glenwell said:

The gold and black dragons are my favorite. Well done on those!

9 minutes ago, malefactus said:

The Old Lizards did have a certain charm to them that your WONDERFUL work with brush & palette have enhanced. Your bases are likewise LOVELYVERY WELL DONE!

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them!

• Like 1

Beautiful work! I'm always surprised to see these examples of how the aesthetic has changed over the years.

• Like 1

Very nice work on the old school figures. I don't think I've seen those before.

• Like 1

Awesome job on all of them!!!

My favorites are the gold and black one.

But they are all superb painted!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2017 at 9:23 PM, Erk said:

Beautiful work! I'm always surprised to see these examples of how the aesthetic has changed over the years.

On 6/20/2017 at 2:52 AM, hiddenone32 said:

Those are pretty cool!  Great job!

On 6/23/2017 at 0:15 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Very nice work on the old school figures. I don't think I've seen those before.

On 6/23/2017 at 0:57 PM, Xherman1964 said:

Awesome job on all of them!!!

My favorites are the gold and black one.

But they are all superb painted!

Thanks guys!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening folks,

So here is one I just finished up, a really old school Partha Piece, don't recall her original name, but she's some kind of sorceress or Dragon Lady. Sculpted by Tom Meier, this one didn't have a year on the bottom, but I think this was probably sculpted originally 1977-1979 or so.  I did the base as just one flat blue color, that as I look at it, I'm regretting. I might go back and do a little something with it. I didn't want to do a natural, grass and dirt base, because I didn't want to hide any of the dragon, who is not too large.

• By Iridil
      I've lurked for about a year - finally got up the courage to post. I've returned to painting after a break of many years. This is a recent figure I'm proud of  (my photography skills however....) - hope you enjoy

• By Evilhalfling
      I painted this figure as a white 2 years ago,  it took about 6 weeks of painting individual scales. 
      When I was done I thought it would probably look just as good if I drybrushed it.   I got the second one from a mini exchange or goodwill box, Dry brushing the body this time took 3 days. 
      For the wings I was inspired by a bearded dragon. 
      The nest was added per MiniSpawns request.  It was a stretch goal freebie from Oathsworn's Sensible Shoes line. 
      I have 2 bronze hatchlings as well, on TMM like the mother and one NNM. 

• By Crowley
      A DCC RPG boxed setting for Lankhmar, officially licensed by the estate of Fritz Leiber. Adventure with Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser!

There are three basic pledge levels:
      The PDF pledge level includes an electronic edition of the final boxed set. (Obviously there will be no box!) This level does not include any physical rewards, add-ons or stretch goals. The boxed set includes the core boxed set as described above. All electronic stretch goals (PDFs) will apply to this level. Some of the physical stretch goals will apply to this level, generally those that fit in the box. The final level includes the boxed set as well as the "print pack." All electronic stretch goals (PDFs) will apply to this level. All of the physical stretch goals will apply, as well. Those that do not fit in the box will be shipped in a separate "print pack." See below for more information on these stretch goals.  
      Stretch Goals
      DCC Lankhmar continues a long tradition in RPG gaming, and we want to do right by the estate of Fritz Leiber. The stretch goals associated with this Kickstarter will help create an even more amazing tribute to the world of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser.
      Stretch goals fall into three categories:
      PDF stretch goals that all backers receive Print stretch goals that can fit into the boxed set, which will be included with any pledge that has the physical boxed set The "Print Pack," which is a printed collection of the stretch goals which don't fit in the boxed set Here is a rough outline of possible stretch goals, which may evolve as the Kickstarter continues.
      At $40,000: Cleared! We will add a new Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $60,000: We will print the poster map larger (included in boxed set)
      At $80,000: We will add a second Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $100,000: We will add a supplement called "A Dozen Lankhmar Locations," which will provide information, maps, and floorplans on setting adventures in a dozen famous Lankhmar locales (including the Silver Eel!) (PDF for all backers; print copy in the boxed set)
      At $120,000: We will add a third Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $140,000: We will add a supplement called "Random NPCs in Lankhmar," which will provide tables and information for generating random NPCs that your PCs can encounter in Lankhmar (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $160,000: We will add a fourth Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $180,000: We will add a Lankhmar-themed three-panel Judges Screen (PDF for all backers; print copy in the boxed set)
      At $200,000: We will add a fifth Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $220,000: We will add a cloth map in the boxed set (print copy in the boxed set)
      At $240,000: We will add a sixth Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $250,000: We will add send Michael Curtis to Houston for a week to research the Fritz Leiber archives in the University of Houston. We anticipate this may result in a new product of some kind to be delivered to backers of this Kickstarter, but exactly what we'll discover in the archives - and what product may result from it - can't be determined until Michael sets foot in the archives!
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)