TheOldGuard

TheOldGuard paints some very old Citadel dragons - (pic heavy!)

I remember all of these when they first came out.

Now I feel old.....

Nice stuff though!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ghool said:

I remember all of these when they first came out.

Now I feel old.....

Nice stuff though!

Thanks! They're around 35 years old I think.

4 hours ago, magicalgenie said:

These are all terrific, but I particularly am drawn to the black dragon. Lovely color choice and highlighting on it!

Thank you, I'm happy with how he turned out!

The Old Lizards did have a certain charm to them that your WONDERFUL work with brush & palette have enhanced. Your bases are likewise LOVELYVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Darius Glenwell said:

The gold and black dragons are my favorite. Well done on those!

9 minutes ago, malefactus said:

The Old Lizards did have a certain charm to them that your WONDERFUL work with brush & palette have enhanced. Your bases are likewise LOVELYVERY WELL DONE!

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them!

• Like 1

Beautiful work! I'm always surprised to see these examples of how the aesthetic has changed over the years.

• Like 1

Very nice work on the old school figures. I don't think I've seen those before.

• Like 1

Awesome job on all of them!!!

My favorites are the gold and black one.

But they are all superb painted!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2017 at 9:23 PM, Erk said:

Beautiful work! I'm always surprised to see these examples of how the aesthetic has changed over the years.

On 6/20/2017 at 2:52 AM, hiddenone32 said:

Those are pretty cool!  Great job!

On 6/23/2017 at 0:15 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Very nice work on the old school figures. I don't think I've seen those before.

On 6/23/2017 at 0:57 PM, Xherman1964 said:

Awesome job on all of them!!!

My favorites are the gold and black one.

But they are all superb painted!

Thanks guys!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean

My significant other is in a songing competition this weekend, and I’m along for moral support. 

Knowing that I would have some quiet time, I brought my travel paint kit and some miniatures. On the left are five Broadsword rangers, and on the right three Minifigs true orcs. The orcs are part of my Mythical Earth warbands project, but the Broadsword figures are a one-off.

I didn’t have any Broadsword back in the day. Apparently none of the hobby shops I visited stocked them. My first encounter with them was in larger eBay lots while fishing for other old figures. I ended up with four of these archers in a large lot early in my eBay history, and then went looking for the command/personality pack later.

I painted the swordsman/captain and the ranger-bard last summer.

Now that they are almost all done, I hope to get them out as a unit of scouts in a Dragon Rampant game soon. 
    • By 72moonglum
      Good evening all,

so just finished this one, another really fun and adventurous Dwarf sculpted by Jim Johnson back in 2002-2003. Another piece from the Hackmaster line from Kenzer and Company, but was acquired by Ral Partha and now being cast by them.  Hopefully dwarfy enough colors, started out with his skin as tanned highlights and gave him some nice black hair.  I thought about doing something with the runes on his axe but then just figured I'd leave them as metal.

Enjoy!
    • By Pingo
      So I spotted what looked like a sweet little wolfman, unpainted but inked a little over the metal and glued to a square of wood in a comics shop some while ago and bought it and took it home and pried it off the old base and discovered it said "Grenadier 1987." Score!

Turns out it is a werejackal, coded MM93, and was first released as part of the set "Monster Manuscript Vol. XI" which also included the one Nosferatu-type vampire I didn't have in zer old days from the set of three I painted recently.

Anyhow, I cleaned it up and painted it like a black-backed jackal 'cos they look cool.

There is no WIP thread.

Also I had a picture book of Zimbabwe and decided to play a little bit with backgrounds.

• By DankDungeonMaster
      Finished the fire dragon, painted using a red and gold theme. Used lots of metallic paints mixed in with matte paint, especially on its torso. Hope I got the right effect. Tell me what you guys think, would appreciate it.
      P.S.: I'm a bad photographer so don't mind the shadows and the bad lighting in the pics... If need be i'll take another batch of photos.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)