Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Citrine

WizKids Elf Sorceresses

13 posts in this topic

these look great.  I've got several of these unpainted WizKids  ones that I need to get back to. You know, after all the other stuff.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They both look great!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Excellent jobs on those minis - really well done given the soft details etc.

 

They do have some good sculpts in this series - I may be the only one that wishes they would do an alternate release of them for "advanced" enthusiasts where they were cast in resin or metal so they have better, less soft or poor detail/features....

Edited by petrov27
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do look really good, I like the way you shaded the translucent spell effects too.  ^_^  Did you use regular paint or one of the Tamiya ones or something?  

 

I've got a two-pack of a dwarf mage, I may try stripping the primer from one to see how it looks underneath, the style of the figures isn't bad but the primer seems thick in spots.  You did a great job of making them look good, and at your usual lightning speed, too!  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job on both. I really like what you did with the clear spell effects.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all!

 

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

They do look really good, I like the way you shaded the translucent spell effects too.  ^_^  Did you use regular paint or one of the Tamiya ones or something?  

 

I've got a two-pack of a dwarf mage, I may try stripping the primer from one to see how it looks underneath, the style of the figures isn't bad but the primer seems thick in spots.  You did a great job of making them look good, and at your usual lightning speed, too!  

@LittleBluberry I did use Tamiya orange and yellow on the fireballs, but since I don't have blue of that I used a watered down Reaper blue for the other spell effect.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking Great!!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every nice! Was it hard to paint around the transluscent plastic?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice job, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Every nice! Was it hard to paint around the transluscent plastic?

@72moonglum I didn't think that was too hard.  The fingers and the spell effects were translucent, I just painted the bottom of the fingers with skin colors, and the lower part of the effect with heavier orange glaze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely work. I love the translucent spell effects; I just wish I liked the MINIS more.

I'd be fascinated at a study in removing that awful primer and seeing what they look like under there.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Lovely work. I love the translucent spell effects; I just wish I liked the MINIS more.

I'd be fascinated at a study in removing that awful primer and seeing what they look like under there.

 

I'd like to see as well.  I'm actually surprised I've not seen a post where someone's done this yet.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0