Excellent jobs on those minis - really well done given the soft details etc.

They do have some good sculpts in this series - I may be the only one that wishes they would do an alternate release of them for "advanced" enthusiasts where they were cast in resin or metal so they have better, less soft or poor detail/features....

Edited by petrov27
  • Like 3

They do look really good, I like the way you shaded the translucent spell effects too.  ^_^  Did you use regular paint or one of the Tamiya ones or something?  

I've got a two-pack of a dwarf mage, I may try stripping the primer from one to see how it looks underneath, the style of the figures isn't bad but the primer seems thick in spots.  You did a great job of making them look good, and at your usual lightning speed, too!  

• Like 1

Thanks all!

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

They do look really good, I like the way you shaded the translucent spell effects too.  ^_^  Did you use regular paint or one of the Tamiya ones or something?  

I've got a two-pack of a dwarf mage, I may try stripping the primer from one to see how it looks underneath, the style of the figures isn't bad but the primer seems thick in spots.  You did a great job of making them look good, and at your usual lightning speed, too!  

@LittleBluberry I did use Tamiya orange and yellow on the fireballs, but since I don't have blue of that I used a watered down Reaper blue for the other spell effect.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Every nice! Was it hard to paint around the transluscent plastic?

@72moonglum I didn't think that was too hard.  The fingers and the spell effects were translucent, I just painted the bottom of the fingers with skin colors, and the lower part of the effect with heavier orange glaze.

Lovely work. I love the translucent spell effects; I just wish I liked the MINIS more.

I'd be fascinated at a study in removing that awful primer and seeing what they look like under there.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Lovely work. I love the translucent spell effects; I just wish I liked the MINIS more.

I'd be fascinated at a study in removing that awful primer and seeing what they look like under there.

I'd like to see as well.  I'm actually surprised I've not seen a post where someone's done this yet.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Today saw the completion of the three Void Sorcerors:

Womma Womma Womma!

All my thin pointy brushes have given up on life and chosed to split, so I am struggling abit with thin lines these days. While waiting for some new brushes I have ordred to arrive, we get a bit shoddy with the freehand symbols such as in these books. It should still be possible to make out which symbols I have tried to paint in each of them though. I hope.

These are from the “Masters of the Void Deluxe Enemy Pack” for Shadows of Brimstone, the Wierd West lovecraftian horror scifi mashup dungeon delver. This pack also includes the three Void Hounds I did a few weeks ago. So that completes the minis from that expansion.

The void sorcerors are on 30mm bases, and are made from HIPS polystyre aka “hard plastic”.

• By 72moonglum
      So here is another one in my little series of old and new. I was actually going to post this yesterday as well, but I didn't have a good front shot.

So this is a Grenadier Elf or Half Elf fighter, from their twenty-piece woodlands adventure box.  I painted this figure way back in the eighties to be one of my player characters Renny back in the day when we played D&D at Star Realm in Omaha. Back then there was a buy named Bill if I remember correctly from Offutt who was our DM, another guy, I think Roy, and then another random assortment of teenagers.

and a shot from behind, where you'll see there's lots of grass stuck to the base. I think I just didn't wait long enough for his sealant on the base to dry before I stuck him into the grass. I always paint the base black again and then seal, because I will have ultimately made a mess all over the base while painting it.  Not too worried though, these are being painted just for fun. 

and here's the front shot I was missing yesterday, where you can see a bit of difference in the shield and face:

and then just some shots of them in the same photo:

So there you have them, a small journey into my adolescent past, up to my current almost 50 year old self, who as per my beautiful wife, is still probably somehow stuck back in the past with my fascination for "muñequitos".  Like I mentioned in my previous posts I've got a few more of these yet to be started, that I'll probably do when I'm "between projects". 
      Anyhoos, enjoy!

• By Jessie
      Wanted to paint up some halloween themed minis in October so I painted up Gauntfield. He's on a base from Secret Weapon. He was a lot of fun, thanks for reading!

• By Jessie
      Painted up Feiya for my tempest cleric and painted up this other miniature that I don't know the name or number of (unreleased as of now I think) for my husband's rogue. I tried to paint his poncho sort of like schemes from Clint Eastwood's characters in the Sergio Leone movies. Feiya's base is milliput using a Green Stuff world roller (aztec) and the guy's base is one of the (again, Aztec series) Dragon Forge pre-made bases. Thanks for reading

• By Aard_Rinn
      So, one of my personal mini projects atm is working on some of the NPCs my players in my homebrew campaign are encountering.  And one of my favorite groups in that world are the Hunts - a loose-bound organization of groups (each called a Hunt) of fighters/mercenaries/warriors, each with their own specialty, who dedicated themselves to maintaining the roads and paths of Fidel during the millenia-long anarchy of the Mortal Wars.

Now, what makes the Hunts distinctive from any other mercenary bands? Well, they ride BADASS FLYING MOUNTS.

Gryphons, for the most part, although one or two specialize in pegasi, and a few ride more esoteric things... 

Four NPCs intimately intertwined with the group are members of the Red Hunt - a sort of catch-all for powerful, destructive mages. Faukner, her apprentices Formel and Tiercel, and her wife, Charr. 

So, I've had the Stonehaven Half-Dragon Duelist for ages. It's one of my favorite dragonborn minis, and I decided it'd be perfect for the swashbuckling Charr... It's a great mini, neat and clean with tons of personality.

To give you an idea of who Charr is...

Anyways, I've decided to do a WIP of this set of minis, starting with Charr's two forms. This is the thread for her humanoid form, obviously - I'm painting up the Temple Dragon for her dragonness form, and I'll try to do a WIP for that, too.

So!

I started off nice and simple - hit the face with some red, and decided on a blue-and-white scheme for the cloths. I'm trying to bring out some of the swashbuckler in this mini, so I like the naval colors. That said, I could use ideas for the cravat.

Ordinarily, I'd paint my dragonborn's hair simularly to her scales and try to ignore it, but gonna go with dark for these dreads. They're sweet as hell. Wish DSM would give us a KS for these.

And there's the face, pretty much finished, TBH! I washed it with Games Workshop's purple wash, pretty heavily so it'd sit well in the mouth and scale cracks, and then highlighted just with pure red. This is a proof-of-concept for the temple dragon, as well as a mini on it's own, and I'm pretty happy with it! Used Palimimo Gold for the eyes - something else that'll carry over!
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)