Morihalda

Mori Practices Sculpting!

146 posts in this topic

Alright, I'm calling it. Finished! Not pictured: her eyebrows.

I managed to squeeze in a few hours of fire throughout the weekend. It was originally going to be in Fimo, but I am just way too clumsy to do that much stuff without getting my fingers all over it. So I went back to Green Stuff! This also worked out because I ran out of time - I wanted to be done before I left for a family event on Friday, but I was too picky and kept trashing it. GS let me do little bits as time allowed.

I'm unhappy with the blending between sections, as it was often spur of the moment sculpting, but I'm happy with the fire shape. I went for a stylized feel. 1f642.png:) 

This gives me the two days needed for curing + priming, and a few short days to paint!

There are a TON of things I'm unhappy with, but I'm simply out of time. Time to paint and start a new thread on Tuesday after it's cured and primed! ::D: 

22382369_504575693251854_4194202449574997814_o.thumb.jpg.ce6ab70a6248482e2fa47f779567b6fc.jpg

10 people like this

4 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Alright, I'm calling it. Finished! Not pictured: her eyebrows.

I managed to squeeze in a few hours of fire throughout the weekend. It was originally going to be in Fimo, but I am just way too clumsy to do that much stuff without getting my fingers all over it. So I went back to Green Stuff! This also worked out because I ran out of time - I wanted to be done before I left for a family event on Friday, but I was too picky and kept trashing it. GS let me do little bits as time allowed.

I'm unhappy with the blending between sections, as it was often spur of the moment sculpting, but I'm happy with the fire shape. I went for a stylized feel. 1f642.png:) 

This gives me the two days needed for curing + priming, and a few short days to paint!

There are a TON of things I'm unhappy with, but I'm simply out of time. Time to paint and start a new thread on Tuesday after it's cured and primed! ::D: 

22382369_504575693251854_4194202449574997814_o.thumb.jpg.ce6ab70a6248482e2fa47f779567b6fc.jpg

*sings* That girl is on fiiiiiiiirrrrrrre.........

1 person likes this

She looks great!

And she's bigger than I thought.  I think this is the first picture with something I can use as a size reference (your fingers).  Even more impressive!

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Are you proud of it? You should be proud of it.

Honestly, not really. LOL. It's my first bust, so I learned a lot and that's a great thing! I'm not proud of it - there are a lot of things that aren't right and I want to restart it all. But sometimes you just gotta call it finished. :rolleyes:

2 people like this

Art is never finished, it is simply abandoned for other things.

6 people like this

4 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Honestly, not really. LOL. It's my first bust, so I learned a lot and that's a great thing! I'm not proud of it - there are a lot of things that aren't right and I want to restart it all. But sometimes you just gotta call it finished. :rolleyes:

But you should look at it and think about all the things you learned from it. You will look back at it with fondness one day.

2 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Art is never finished, it is simply abandoned for other things.

Whew! Good, because I didn't think I could hide all these for much longer. And nothing ever seems "finished" to me, it's more like "finished enough." 

-coughs in an attempt to cover the sound of piles of various projects crashing down in the distance-

1 minute ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

But you should look at it and think about all the things you learned from it. You will look back at it with fondness one day.

I did! That's why I said it was great that I learned things. I've yet to look fondly at my old art, though I appreciate the learning process.

Looking back at old art is more like...

Image result for spirited away gifs

:lol:

3 people like this

8 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Whew! Good, because I didn't think I could hide all these for much longer. And nothing ever seems "finished" to me, it's more like "finished enough." 

-coughs in an attempt to cover the sound of piles of various projects crashing down in the distance-

I did! That's why I said it was great that I learned things. I've yet to look fondly at my old art, though I appreciate the learning process.

Give it 10 to 20 years, it will happen. You're still too close to it.

5 people like this

32 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Give it time, there's more important things to worry about. Like whether or not to buy Elder Scrolls Online.

2 people like this

Oh I'm not fussed about it. I've got other things to learn, and I'm happy to appreciate learning experiences without liking the final result. ::): 

2 people like this