Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 5 picture/chatter thread

429 posts in this topic

 

 I threw in the clear weapon sprues from the Bones KS...

 

 I also threw in that Archive basilisk - isn't that some amazing sculpting considering the age of that thing?  ::D:

Interesting thing about the Archives is that they came on "cut sheets" of a dozen or so copies of the minis shrinkwrapped onto a sheet of the backing paper, and the retailer was meant to cut them off the sheet as they sold.

You can thank the Citadel Game Cellar in Groton, CT for that - pretty much every BoG that either I or Dilvish have participated in has contained some legendary relic of the past dug out from the dark corners of the Citadel. After 20 years of mining their backstock, me and D still haven't come close to tapping it out - they've still got some old stuff you may never have heard of, lol. If you ever find yourself in southern New England, it's worth making a pilgrimage to the Citadel to visit. They have a huge stock of boardgames and RPGs.

 


 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

 

 I threw in the clear weapon sprues from the Bones KS...

 

 I also threw in that Archive basilisk - isn't that some amazing sculpting considering the age of that thing?  ::D:

Interesting thing about the Archives is that they came on "cut sheets" of a dozen or so copies of the minis shrinkwrapped onto a sheet of the backing paper, and the retailer was meant to cut them off the sheet as they sold.

You can thank the Citadel Game Cellar in Groton, CT for that - pretty much every BoG that either I or Dilvish have participated in has contained some legendary relic of the past dug out from the dark corners of the Citadel. After 20 years of mining their backstock, me and D still haven't come close to tapping it out - they've still got some old stuff you may never have heard of, lol. If you ever find yourself in southern New England, it's worth making a pilgrimage to the Citadel to visit. They have a huge stock of boardgames and RPGs.

 


 

 

Thanks for the information about the Basillisk. It is an amazing sculpt for the time period. I'd love to explore the Citadel game store. Your description reminds me of the early days of Rogue Trader back in 89/90 when we first discovered it. We'd drive to nearby cities (Lexington, Cincinnati, Bowling Green, etc...) and search out every little hole in the wall game store we could find looking for Citadel minis. Back then distribution was not uniform like today. One store might have a treasure trove and the next only one piece but it might be jsut the thing you looked for.

 

It was like 'yard sales' for miniatures. :)

 

J--

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jsalyers said:

 

Thanks for the information about the Basillisk. It is an amazing sculpt for the time period. I'd love to explore the Citadel game store. Your description reminds me of the early days of Rogue Trader back in 89/90 when we first discovered it. We'd drive to nearby cities (Lexington, Cincinnati, Bowling Green, etc...) and search out every little hole in the wall game store we could find looking for Citadel minis. Back then distribution was not uniform like today. One store might have a treasure trove and the next only one piece but it might be jsut the thing you looked for.

 

It was like 'yard sales' for miniatures. :)

 

J--

 

 

   I was just telling some younger gamers this past weekend that when I was a teen in the 70's and early 80's, whenever I went on a trip with my family the first thing I would do when we got to the hotel was to get the phone book and look up any hobby stores (there really weren't any "game" stores exactly back then),  that were in the area and have my parents take me to them.  Like jsalyers says, it really was treasure hunting back then...some hobby shops had no figures or rules, some had a lot, and some had one or two odd dusty blisters..

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Label printed to go to @Crowley - should ship out in the next day or so.

I do not think I will be able to do anything on the group figure.  Sorry.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

 

I do not think I will be able to do anything on the group figure.  Sorry.

 

 :blink:

 

 Dear gods, man, you have to do something - the Great Froggy can't let a mini pass by without converting it - glue a pebble to the base, or scratch some battle damage into the armor or something... :wacko:

 

 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

 

 :blink:

 

 Dear gods, man, you have to do something - the Great Froggy can't let a mini pass by without converting it - glue a pebble to the base, or scratch some battle damage into the armor or something... :wacko:

 

 

 

You are very convincing.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may not plan on doing anything.......

 

but Frocidents happen at the oddest times.

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Guindybox is awaiting pickup to go to Crowley.

 

I dropped the ball on the notebook and the group paint, but at least I put lots of stuff in there.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prefect! Definitely bringing it to ReaperCon! 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonwirm indicated he was not in a hurry to receive the box - correct me if I misunderstood you Bonwirm.

 

Should I bring the box to ReaperCon so that others in the exchange might examine it's many treasures...?

 

J--

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jsalyers sure, take it to ReaperCon...  Of course, It better contain some swag from ReaperCon when it arrives at my place...  Just sayin'!

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O.o These boxes have so many goodies. I saw mention of the next round being next year? I'd like to offer a suggestion, if it isn't too unreasonable... Maybe in the future, have the boxes spaced out a little more, and let people sign up for 1 box at a time. Have the boxes in waves, so people who come in during a circuit might be able to join in instead of just watching all the fun?

...I'm sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong place...

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so note to self, bring extra stuff to add to boxes at Reapercon. Yay!

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

O.o These boxes have so many goodies. I saw mention of the next round being next year? I'd like to offer a suggestion, if it isn't too unreasonable... Maybe in the future, have the boxes spaced out a little more, and let people sign up for 1 box at a time. Have the boxes in waves, so people who come in during a circuit might be able to join in instead of just watching all the fun?

...I'm sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong place...

We do 3-4 rounds a year (depends on how slow the slowest box is) you there will be plenty of opportunities.  Just keep an eye out for Chaoswolf to announce the next one in January sometime.

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finalized my selections last night.. pics forthcoming tonight.. now to finalize what I am putting back in... 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Chaoswolf
      Sadly, Reapercon is over again, and it’s time to start planning for next year.
       
      Once you get done unpacking, take a minute to check in and let your friends know that you made it back home safely.
    • By knarthex
      So, The very first mini I pulled out of the BOGW when I got it, was a Malifaux mini....
      As soon as I saw it, I knew how I had to paint it!
      So I give you @Sylverthorne the Girlblin!







      Hope you like it!!!!!!
       
      George
       
      Abbreviated WIP here
      (Didn't have time to record everything with the need to get it done for Wednesday.....)
    • By Chaoswolf
      Here's the official arrival/departure thread for round 5 of the Box of Goodwill.
       
      Remember, no chatter here, please. Do it here instead:
       
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75140-box-of-goodwill-round-5-picturechatter-thread/
       
      Generic Fighter---sent 19 July
      Pineapple---received 21 July, Sent 27 July
      Shadowphaze---received 29 July, Sent 07 August
      Thumpernicus---arrived 09 August, Sent 14 August
      Matt Parody---arrived 18 August, sent 12 September
      TGP---arrived 14 September
      Generic Fighter
       
      Pcktlnt---sent 27 July
      HDClearman---received 29 July
      Izzylobo---received 02 August, Sent 08 August
      Dr.Bedlam---received 14 August, Sent 18 August
      Kate---received 21 August, Sent 24 August
      Arc724---received 26 August, Sent September 8
      Kangaroorex---arrived 12 September, sent 02 October
      Pcktlnt---arrived 04 October
       
      Guindyloo---sent 11 September
      Inarah---received 13 September, sent 21 September
      Knarthex---arrived 26 September, sent 28 September
      Froggy the Great---arrived 02 October, sent 12 October
      David Brawley---arrived 13 October,
      Haldir
      Horned Turtle
      Guindyloo
       
      Bonwirn---sent 07 August
      MadJack---arrived 10 August, Sent 22 August
      Sylverthorne---arrived 24 August, Sent august 25
      Hungerfan---arrived 28 August, Sent 08 September
      Keianna---arrived 11 September, Sent 27 september
      Buckyball---arrived 04 October, Sent 05 October
      Jsalyers---arrived 07 October,
      Bonwirn
       
      Rob Dean---sent 14 July
      SGHawkins09--arrived 18 July, Sent 28 July
      Dogbl---arrived 31 July, sent 03 August
      NomadZeke---arrived and sent on approx 12-13 September
      Evil Halfling---arrived 18 September, sent 23 September
      Klarg1---arrived  26 September, sent 06 October
      Rob Dean---arrived 10 October
       
      Froggy The Great---sent 02 August
      Pingo---arrived 05 August, Sent 14 August
      Dilvish the Deliverer---arrived 17 august, Sent 21 August
      Epimys---arrived 23 August, Sent 25 August
      Broonkah---received 29 August, Sent 31 August
      SparrowMarie---received 02 September, Sent 07 September
      Morihalda---received 10 September, sent 13 September
      Chaos Wolf---received 16 September
       
      Chaos Wolf---sent 07 August
      Chris Palmer---arrived 09 August, Sent 14 August
      Hiddenone32---arrived 16 August,Sent 30 august
      TalaeArrived...., sent September
      Lidless Eye---Arrived 30 September, sent 02 October
      Ub3r N3rd---arrived 04 October, sent 05 October
      Samurai Jack---arrived 07 October, sent 14 October
      Chaos Wolf
  • Who's Online   45 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)