Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 5 picture/chatter thread

429 posts in this topic

I threw in the clear weapon sprues from the Bones KS...

I also threw in that Archive basilisk - isn't that some amazing sculpting considering the age of that thing?  ::D:

Interesting thing about the Archives is that they came on "cut sheets" of a dozen or so copies of the minis shrinkwrapped onto a sheet of the backing paper, and the retailer was meant to cut them off the sheet as they sold.

You can thank the Citadel Game Cellar in Groton, CT for that - pretty much every BoG that either I or Dilvish have participated in has contained some legendary relic of the past dug out from the dark corners of the Citadel. After 20 years of mining their backstock, me and D still haven't come close to tapping it out - they've still got some old stuff you may never have heard of, lol. If you ever find yourself in southern New England, it's worth making a pilgrimage to the Citadel to visit. They have a huge stock of boardgames and RPGs.

6 people like this

4 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I threw in the clear weapon sprues from the Bones KS...

I also threw in that Archive basilisk - isn't that some amazing sculpting considering the age of that thing?  ::D:

Interesting thing about the Archives is that they came on "cut sheets" of a dozen or so copies of the minis shrinkwrapped onto a sheet of the backing paper, and the retailer was meant to cut them off the sheet as they sold.

You can thank the Citadel Game Cellar in Groton, CT for that - pretty much every BoG that either I or Dilvish have participated in has contained some legendary relic of the past dug out from the dark corners of the Citadel. After 20 years of mining their backstock, me and D still haven't come close to tapping it out - they've still got some old stuff you may never have heard of, lol. If you ever find yourself in southern New England, it's worth making a pilgrimage to the Citadel to visit. They have a huge stock of boardgames and RPGs.

Thanks for the information about the Basillisk. It is an amazing sculpt for the time period. I'd love to explore the Citadel game store. Your description reminds me of the early days of Rogue Trader back in 89/90 when we first discovered it. We'd drive to nearby cities (Lexington, Cincinnati, Bowling Green, etc...) and search out every little hole in the wall game store we could find looking for Citadel minis. Back then distribution was not uniform like today. One store might have a treasure trove and the next only one piece but it might be jsut the thing you looked for.

It was like 'yard sales' for miniatures. :)

J--

6 people like this

8 hours ago, jsalyers said:

Thanks for the information about the Basillisk. It is an amazing sculpt for the time period. I'd love to explore the Citadel game store. Your description reminds me of the early days of Rogue Trader back in 89/90 when we first discovered it. We'd drive to nearby cities (Lexington, Cincinnati, Bowling Green, etc...) and search out every little hole in the wall game store we could find looking for Citadel minis. Back then distribution was not uniform like today. One store might have a treasure trove and the next only one piece but it might be jsut the thing you looked for.

It was like 'yard sales' for miniatures. :)

J--

I was just telling some younger gamers this past weekend that when I was a teen in the 70's and early 80's, whenever I went on a trip with my family the first thing I would do when we got to the hotel was to get the phone book and look up any hobby stores (there really weren't any "game" stores exactly back then),  that were in the area and have my parents take me to them.  Like jsalyers says, it really was treasure hunting back then...some hobby shops had no figures or rules, some had a lot, and some had one or two odd dusty blisters..

6 people like this

Label printed to go to @Crowley - should ship out in the next day or so.

I do not think I will be able to do anything on the group figure.  Sorry.

6 people like this

9 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

I do not think I will be able to do anything on the group figure.  Sorry.

:blink:

Dear gods, man, you have to do something - the Great Froggy can't let a mini pass by without converting it - glue a pebble to the base, or scratch some battle damage into the armor or something... :wacko:

6 people like this

29 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

:blink:

Dear gods, man, you have to do something - the Great Froggy can't let a mini pass by without converting it - glue a pebble to the base, or scratch some battle damage into the armor or something... :wacko:

You are very convincing.

5 people like this

He may not plan on doing anything.......

but Frocidents happen at the oddest times.

8 people like this

The Guindybox is awaiting pickup to go to Crowley.

I dropped the ball on the notebook and the group paint, but at least I put lots of stuff in there.

6 people like this

Prefect! Definitely bringing it to ReaperCon! 

4 people like this

Bonwirm indicated he was not in a hurry to receive the box - correct me if I misunderstood you Bonwirm.

Should I bring the box to ReaperCon so that others in the exchange might examine it's many treasures...?

J--

5 people like this

@jsalyers sure, take it to ReaperCon...  Of course, It better contain some swag from ReaperCon when it arrives at my place...  Just sayin'!

6 people like this

O.o These boxes have so many goodies. I saw mention of the next round being next year? I'd like to offer a suggestion, if it isn't too unreasonable... Maybe in the future, have the boxes spaced out a little more, and let people sign up for 1 box at a time. Have the boxes in waves, so people who come in during a circuit might be able to join in instead of just watching all the fun?

...I'm sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong place...

4 people like this

OK, so note to self, bring extra stuff to add to boxes at Reapercon. Yay!

4 people like this

54 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

O.o These boxes have so many goodies. I saw mention of the next round being next year? I'd like to offer a suggestion, if it isn't too unreasonable... Maybe in the future, have the boxes spaced out a little more, and let people sign up for 1 box at a time. Have the boxes in waves, so people who come in during a circuit might be able to join in instead of just watching all the fun?

...I'm sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong place...

We do 3-4 rounds a year (depends on how slow the slowest box is) you there will be plenty of opportunities.  Just keep an eye out for Chaoswolf to announce the next one in January sometime.

7 people like this

Finalized my selections last night.. pics forthcoming tonight.. now to finalize what I am putting back in... 

6 people like this