Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 5 picture/chatter thread

6 hours ago, TGP said:

The tracking says it got put on a truck, plane, or train to (GenFtr City) at 12:23am Saturday.  And I found this snap shot:

IMG_2109.jpg

This was ^ drawn on the exterior. Not sure by who. One corner of the box had an accordion fold to it when it arrived  and I figured I would preserve this if I replaced the box. Ultimately I just used same box...I think it has one trip left in it. 

That was me.  ^^  I thought the box needed a little something on it to make it exciting.

• Like 9

The inside of the GFBox was filled with lots of tiny ziploc bags. Many twenties of bags. There was even a bundle of spare bags to be used to reorganize or put new things in. The first squad of Minis that ended up staying with me were these:

IMG_2110.thumb.jpg.40ca88d0ffb6a9f832e445a5019e9b9b.jpg

Photo turned out ...meh. Caption feature worked pretty good though. This lot were discovered in a bag, near the top and were literally trying to bayonet their way to freedom. So I figured they were volunteers...

I don't  play 40K (maybe someone who does can tell me why Space-aliens need bayonets?) but I could use some extra Aliens for Froggy's Starzap-Raygun game. Earthlings I have in plenty. 

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, TGP said:

The inside of the GFBox was filled with lots of tiny ziploc bags. Many twenties of bags. There was even a bundle of spare bags to be used to reorganize or put new things in. The first squad of Minis that ended up staying with me were these:

Photo turned out ...meh. Caption feature worked pretty good though. This lot were discovered in a bag, near the top and were literally trying to bayonet their way to freedom. So I figured they were volunteers...

I don't  play 40K (maybe someone who does can tell me why Space-aliens need bayonets?) but I could use some extra Aliens for Froggy's Starzap-Raygun game. Earthlings I have in plenty. 

Dark Eldar Warriors from Warhammer 40k.  The 3rd edition versions.  The starter set was Space Marines (of course) and them.

Almost everything they had could be upgraded with Spikes.  Plus it's 40k pre-8th, so melee combat was always more efficient than shooting.

Edited by Lidless Eye
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, TGP said:

Dark Eldar are Space Drow, mean and vicious and love to torture their enemies.

It makes sense that they attach bajonets to inflict more pain....

• Like 4

Meanwhile the tracking says the box has moved about 1200 miles. It has made it to someplace called Warrandale.. :unsure: ..or maybe Warrendale. 

***wanders off to hunt through camera roll for more pix***

• Like 5

You can see the accordion corner pretty clearly in genetic fighter's pix. Poor box. Those auto sorting machines the post office uses can be mean. 

(I used to do technical drawings of the components of those machines...they got conveyors...elevators...robot arms...)

• Like 3

After I pulled out the bayonet guys I sorta went...

:blink:::o: !

...at the many twenties of little bags. But the next thing I did was look at the book and read all the prior entries. 

I liked that the book was full of unlined pages. Some folks had made drawings in there. So that was the next thing I did, I started an entry and added a drawing or two:

...if you'd rather that such things should remain a surprise, don't look:

Here there be dragons...

IMG_2105.thumb.JPG.644b8c838063d96973f2bde16d065c89.JPG

IMG_2106.thumb.JPG.ee934b3222216ad5ae24ed96e04f6839.JPG

• Like 11

9 hours ago, TGP said:

I used to do technical drawings of the components of those machines...they got conveyors...elevators...robot arms...

I used to do technical drawing for the machine that handled lunch meat and hot dogs.  When you are dealing with softer products, mean is an understatement...

• Like 1

pEhapVo.jpg

vjKIsXj.jpg

The Foo Dog from my box. Not much to say about it except that next time, I hope my group has less distractions that interfered with painting. I plan to finish it up soonish.

GF

• Like 4

On 1/8/2018 at 11:55 PM, NecroMancer said:

When is the next round starting?

In another couple weeks or so...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Generic Fighter said:

pEhapVo.jpg

vjKIsXj.jpg

The Foo Dog from my box. Not much to say about it except that next time, I hope my group has less distractions that interfered with painting. I plan to finish it up soonish.

GF

I saw it but it never got anywhere near my paint desk. I didn't manage to add a lick of paint to it...sorry...fail. 

• Like 2

On 1/12/2018 at 3:52 AM, Generic Fighter said:

pEhapVo.jpg

vjKIsXj.jpg

GF

Roudalf the red nosed Foo dog?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2