JGF

Liner and New Paint availability?

I know the Bones 3 minis are being phased in over the next year or so but I didnt see any mention of the new paint colors or, more importantly, the new liners.  Has there been any news as to when we can expect the new colors and liners being made available for purchase?

• Like 2

There was a paper listing included with the BonesIII Rewards. It gave tentative release times. But Subject to change. 

And, no more specific than "summer" "fall" "winter" ...

I don't think the paints are listed on that sheet tho.... only miniatures are...

I think they were mentioned as 'probably next year' in the now locked Bones 3 thread a long while back. 

Back when the PM was still open,,,  

(I may misremember details., though)

Reaper mix the paints and fill the bottles themselves, and have a limited production capacity. 

They posted their new paint filler in the Show Off section a few months ago, and even have a video of it working.

I couldn't find the thread, but I did find the video on YouTube. Enjoy!

I expect they've been running that machine pretty much constantly to fill the Bones 3 orders.

They may need to mix more paint before they can make any of those colours available in the store.

And I expect they're getting low on other colours, that may have a higher priority right now. 

You know, like the colours used in the LTPKs since they're almost always out of stock. 

That's just speculation from me, though... 

• Like 1

After the first CAV KS, it took something like four to six months for the new paints to make it to the online store, IIRC.  I don't remember the exact length of time, just that I was surprised by how long it took to add them to the catalog.

The paint room is one of the busiest places in the building. My understanding is that paints are mixed in 5 gallon batches and sent through the bottling process. Mixing the paint is the easy part, the bottling is the bottleneck.

• Like 1

They had some of them at Origins this weekend, but those could have been left over from the KS fulfillment but hopefully 'soon'

9 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Wait, is the Trenchworxs that makes the robots the same Trenchworx that makes resin vehicles?  

Yes

On 6/19/2017 at 11:14 AM, Heisler said:

The paint room is one of the busiest places in the building. My understanding is that paints are mixed in 5 gallon batches and sent through the bottling process. Mixing the paint is the easy part, the bottling is the bottleneck.

As of March 2017 we have increased our paint production capacity by 83% over this time last year, (not quite double, but impressive nonetheless). Right now, thanks to Trenchworx's new machine, we have actually transitioned such that the machine that applies labels is now the slowest position, and the pumping, for the first time in 14 years, is outpacing that end.

Not that that answers the "when will the paints release" question.  That answer is currently being worked on as we calculate timetables and other production variables.

12 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Wait, is the Trenchworxs that makes the robots the same Trenchworx that makes resin vehicles?  

Yes. They are a very talented group of guys.

• Like 12

Since there never was a tank officially named 'FT-17' that comparison kind of bombs out.  

The FT was never named anything but 'FT' by Renault, and the French forces never gave it any other designation, either.  

Possibly, the '17' got stuck on by amateur historians because the Licensed US version was called M1917?

• Like 2