Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Midi
      Each of these took me about two hours to paint. Pretty happy with how they turned out, but I was going for more if a woven grass look on the hobgoblin but don't think I actually achieved it.

• By scalehunter
      Hi, I have decided to attempt to improve my painting ability by painting my way through h the reaper 3 core set. I will attempt to update weekly and am welcome to tips and critiques as the goal is to improve what I can do as I go.  
      this first batch includes 2 variations of lizard folk 77426 77154, a yeti 77436, a Giant Cobra 77321, and an elite Hobgoblin 77477. My first specific request for help is the use of unusual colors. I feel that I too often use mainly greys and browns, the lizard folk are a good example of one being a little more bland but realistic but the other allows for using colors I wouldn't be able to justify otherwise. I really struggle picking out colors for capes and armors as these end up looking either out of place or way to bland and boring. do you have any ways of choosing when to reach out with bright colors and when to be more reserved? I hope to use responses here to mold future paint jobs for next week. Thanks Guys CC welcome

• By retlif
      Hello fellow miniature painters! This is my first attempt at painting a r̶e̶s̶i̶n̶ Bonesium miniature model.
      My local miniature hobby shop was holding a painters' meet-up and the subject was anything humanoid or figurine.
      I bought the Frost Giant King and got my paint scheme and inspiration from KingMob's painted Frost Giant King. 
      I think I did an okay-ish job, although no where as good as KingMob or other experienced painters here. Also the sword and spear are bent. Gonna try to straighten it by softening in boiling water and quenching in ice water.

I bought a couple more Reaper Minis and hope to complete them some time soon. 

• By Disciple of Sakura
      WIP thread here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79164-trakzul-as-red-dragon-and-treasure-hoard/

I picked up T'Raukzul to be my colossal Great Wyrm Red dragon, and spent a lot of time putting together the pieces for his base. I used the resin treasure hoard from Reaper (though they never seem to have it in stock, so I had to get it from a third party seller) and the pewter treasure piles in the parts referenced above. I also used a Bones 3 vampire warrior as a marble statue, some bits and pieces from the weapons sprues (including a sword in the stone), a random elephant necklace I had lying around, and aquarium terrain. The WIP thread shows a lot of the building blocks being put together. I also mounted a thread of LED lights into the aquarium terrain and did some minor work trying to make it glow when I turned the thing on. Despite my best efforts to seal up the gaps, some light leaks through, but it sort of works as magma veins. The photos of the lights on are harder to get, as they get drowned out by too much other lighting. Overall, it took me about 5 days of work, off and on. I tried to get some variety in the treasure hoard, painted up a vase to resemble a Ming vase, tried to have lots of bits and pieces scattered around. I'm pretty satisfied with the results, though. It's a pity I probably won't have too many encounters where I'd be able to use him, but I look forward to putting my players' characters in jeopardy at least once. 

• By TheOldGuard
      Hello!

Presenting Diabolus, The Devil Dragon.

I wanted this dragon to look as though it had a fiery core, I did this by starting with the lightest yellow as a base & then building up the fire colours so that the deepest parts of the dragon remained (visually) the hottest. I suppose it's the opposite of the usual way of doing things...... It was a little frustrating & counterintuitive as I couldn't really use any shading or washes. I think it turned out ok though.

The WIP for this mini can be found at http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78084-here-be-dragons-or-theoldguard-tries-to-make-a-sizable-dent-in-his-painted-bones-3-collection/

Thanks for looking, feel free to comment.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)