Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

3765 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

Had a very weird dream last night.

I was with a group of people and we went in to this building, but the building was cursed, and would try to trick you into doing something you liked, and if you did it you would be trapped in there forever (one person in the group was trapped by his love of dancing, a room had dance steps painted on the floor and once he started following them he couldn't stop. We also pasted a load of people who loved shopping and were now stuck in an endless checkout queue).

In the end, I was the only one left, but I was too boring for the building to create a trap for me, so it let me go.

Not sure what my brain was trying to tell me with this one, was it a good thing I escaped or not?

tl;dr

signed, 

The Building.

16 people like this

Good *** yawn *** Mornin' Everbody!

Glad I didn't have any dreams like that, but I can see Buglips enjoying people getting trapped there.  If you can't leave and you can't shower and you can't change clothes... the socks are pre-stanked and swipeable...

On that ... delicious ... thought, I'll go get my coffee and do the lazy frozen mcless mcmuffin...

Go! Go! Chaoswolf!  Only 10 pages to go! heh heh...

12 people like this

On 7/13/2017 at 8:08 PM, ub3r_n3rd said:

Ever want to paint or do something productive, but after a long day all you actually do is sit around and do nothing for the evening?

All the darn time...

On 7/13/2017 at 8:14 PM, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Yep. The problem is that too much of that tends to irritate the minis. They want paint. They need paint, and they are armed. Overwhelming numbers of them just waiting silently. Plotting.

On that note, off to the painting desk!

If they're only plotting, you still have time.

I've started noticing siege engines that I don't remember owning....:unsure:

On 7/13/2017 at 8:57 PM, ub3r_n3rd said:

Picked up Skyrim Special Edition for my XB1 on Prime Day. It was $25, so I figure that I'd give it a shot with all the mods that are available on this version. I never did finish it on my PS3, but I was like at the very end where it was just the last boss fight to go if I had wanted to, it's just been too long to try to jump back into that particular game, I'll see about completing it on the other system.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You just starting posting here again....

21 hours ago, knarthex said:

Well I got all the classes I wanted but one....

Same here, amazingly enough. wanna guess which one I didn't get?

19 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

I was thinking to make some WOLF PUNS.

But then I figured that would be HOWL-ARIOUS!!!

What a pack of nonsense.

19 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Welcome to life as a submarine radioman.  The job card at the recruiting station said that I would be working in a clean, air-conditioned space.  It did not mention that I would be the one cleaning it, or that the air-conditioning was set to slightly above freezing to prolong equipment life.

Not just submarines; the radio/transmitter room on surface ships is the same way.

For all you civilians out there who think that we exaggerate:

Yes, sometimes we do.

This is not one of those times. I have been in equipment spaces so cold that I could literally see my breath.

14 people like this

21 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

What a pack of nonsense.

Yeah, I'll refrain from making more Wolf Puns.

Say? Could you spare me a dollar.

I'm a Loan Wolf..

12 people like this

15 hours ago, Pingo said:

Well, well, well.

Looks like my twenty-year-old spray can of Krylon workable fixative works perfectly.

(I guess I don't use it much.  But this preliminary pencil drawing is super messy.)

This is the drawing I was referring to:

DSC_0450-straightened-contrast.jpg.eaf621e45fb1a236e9212505207d6288.jpg

12" x10" on slick tracing tissue, a huge mess even though I was wearing gloves, and graphite everywhere.

This is the preparatory sketch for what will eventually be a pen and ink drawing.  The next step is to flip it over and trace outlines on another piece of tracing tissue. But probably not today as it's game day.

22 people like this

17 hours ago, canuckotter said:

... what exactly did this guy do?! :blink: 

So long story slightly shorter:

Awesome Wife joined the National Guard.  Went to Boot Camp.  A couple of days before graduating, they figured out that the front page of her physical from MEPS (the in processing station) was missing.  This being '86 or so, and fac machines being somewhat unreliable, it was easier to send her to get a new physical at the base than to try and get a copy of the missing form.  So she goes to get all the tests again, and when she gets to the hearing portion, she just sits there, not pressing the button much.  Then she is asked why she is in the Army as she has significant hearing loss.  And she points out on the questionaire where she revealed it in like 4 places.  Turns out the recruiter was friends with the head medical officer of the Mass National guard, and would get him to sign off on paperwork so he could keep is numbers up (recruiters were rated on how many people they sent to boot, not how many make it through).  Our guess is that someone at MEPS was tired of this crap and "accidently" screwed up her paperwork.  Awesome Wife wanted to stay, her mom knew people who new people and suddenly the base commandant started getting calls from senators and congressmen and such.  Then when talking to her the base Sargent Major suggested that she drop it or something "might happen" to her daughter.  On a recorded call.  So my wife was home that day at the army's expense and a lawsuit happened that resulted in recruiting stopping in public schools until it was settled.  

The scumbag recruiter got reassigned to Alaska for the remainder of his enlistment.  Then he got out, went back to Mass, and joined the postal service.  About 40-50 or my wife's family member work for the postal service, including her dad and aunt who ere postmasters.  So, as far as I know, he still is walking broccoli routes to this day.

19 people like this

18 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Have plan made for Winter is coming, and there will be blood white chocolate cheesecake with raspberry sauce for this Sunday's premier. 

'Splain, please.

16 hours ago, Aryanun said:

Internet stupidity of the day:

FB_IMG_1500063769752.thumb.jpg.0829f26784eaa0f9b688100a02e9f5ff.jpg

And people are actually believing a tree could be 23,771 feet taller than Mount Everest and 16,730 feet taller than the deepest part of the Mariana Trench. Just... NO! *headdesk*

But....but....it's on the internet. It must be true!!::P:

36 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Go! Go! Chaoswolf!  Only 10 pages to go! heh heh...

It didn't take that long.

Yesterday was weird. It started out ok, went to good, then bad, then upgraded slightly to 'ok', backslid to bad, then ended up being 'meh'.

Weird dream last night--I don't remember much of it, and what I do is a little disjointed. I was hanging out with a bunch of folks that I served with in the Navy (whether we were still in or not is fuzzy...)...we ran into the members of Motley Crue and then the really crazy shenanigans started....I was wearing a chainmail kilt (I have toyed with buying and wearing a kilt, but certainly not one made of chain mail)...there was dancing...and a fire....

15 people like this

On 7/14/2017 at 6:03 AM, OneBoot said:

The Nuclear Krill Band Members page is filling out quite nicely. Everyone who's participated in the glorious madness so far has a pseudo-randomly assigned job; please feel free to request something more different if you'd like.

http://nuclear-krill.wikia.com/wiki/BAND_MEMBERS  ::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Chaoskrill: Bodyguard and crowd management---known for leaving hammers out where certain roadies can find them, personally taste-testing all rum at the after-show parties, and instigating all manner of pranks and shenanigans among the crew. Was once criticized for being too intimidating; he glared at the battalion of Marines until they apologized.

13 people like this

@Dilvish the Deliverer - I don't ever want to get on your wife's bad side. 

@Chaoswolf - I can post the recipe to the Winter is Coming and There Will be Blood Cheesecake if you would like. But the other explaination is that it's for the Game of Thrones premier on Sunday.  

11 people like this

Ahhh, ok.

As to the recipe: go ahead and post it if you want to. I can't guarantee that I'll try it, but someone here most likely will.:upside:

9 people like this

11 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

And now we have three albums:

Over Krïll

Krïll and Krïll Again

Triskrïllion

Oh, we've got way more than three! http://nuclear-krill.wikia.com/wiki/DISCOGRAPHY  :bday: 

3 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Had a very weird dream last night.

I was with a group of people and we went in to this building, but the building was cursed, and would try to trick you into doing something you liked, and if you did it you would be trapped in there forever (one person in the group was trapped by his love of dancing, a room had dance steps painted on the floor and once he started following them he couldn't stop. We also pasted a load of people who loved shopping and were now stuck in an endless checkout queue).

In the end, I was the only one left, but I was too boring for the building to create a trap for me, so it let me go.

Not sure what my brain was trying to tell me with this one, was it a good thing I escaped or not?

That sounds like an excellent Twilight Zone episode. :D

I just started listening to The Wheel of Time on audiobook last night, and honest to goodness it put me to sleep about 30 minutes in. It's just so rambly, and the narrator, though excellent, has a very soothing voice. Guess I have a cure for my insomnia now. :lol: 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

13 people like this

I listen to a lot of audiobooks, but I don't know if the wheel of time series would be good. There are so many tangents and details, is probably loose all track of the story. 

6 people like this

10 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Ahhh, ok.

As to the recipe: go ahead and post it if you want to. I can't guarantee that I'll try it, but someone here most likely will.:upside:

The white chocolate cheesecake with raspberry sauce is a bit complicated. But I can post it later. :lol:

---

On a different subject, spoke with the husband and he decided not to come to Reaper Con, and Ill be driving down. Now looking for roomies, and potentionally car pool buddies. Any takers? :lol:

9 people like this

12 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I dunno, I seem to recall you calling us Krillers an "infestation" and left until it was "taken care of"....

The phrase you're looking for is "bandwagon". Which has nothing to do with the 57 DeSoto Firesweep wagon that was the very first Krïllmobïle. That wreck was such a tragedy.

20 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I listen to a lot of audiobooks, but I don't know if the wheel of time series would be good. There are so many tangents and details, is probably loose all track of the story. 

Wheel of Time was the first audio book series I listened to. The good (?) news about WoT is that I didn't think it was all that important to catch every word, so it made for great listening on long car drives. :poke:

10 people like this

*strolls in yawning hugely and gulping down coffee*

'mornin' all

6 people like this