Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

3771 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Though... no. A black latex dragon would be weird.

<in his best Jack Sparrow voice >

"Clearly you've never been to Singapore..."

And around here, a latex dragon isn't even the weirdest idea so far this month, lol.

Edited by Mad Jack
15 people like this

Dare you to paint Ma'al Drakar to look like that; high-gloss paint and all. Because, you know. Latex.

13 people like this

At least his horns. Shiny shiny horns.

8 people like this

31 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I suggest avoiding going all the way to white when highlighting black unless you want that black patent leather look.

Though... no. A black latex dragon would be weird.

I disagree with the 2nd part.

but if you want to avoid that look just make sure you transition through another color on the way to white, a little green or purple or something.

9 people like this

8 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Mmm.... now I want bacon... I must be hungry... .*looks at the time* well, that 'spains it, it's nearly noon here! Time to go make some lunch!

Bacon and guac sandwich.

though the guac didn't turn out. The avocados were actually much more ripe then they felt. And had already gone off.

5 people like this

I went down to Subway earlier, and got the chicken and bacon on herb and cheese bread... Instead of the ranch, I had them cover it in marinara sauce, parmesan and oregano, a lot of onions and some black pepper, then extra Swiss cheese...

Between the marinara, the bacon and the onions, it almost tasted like barbecue sauce.

8 people like this

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

>walks in, sees glitter all over the place, cleans it up, puts it somewhere safe<

:devil:

You better just keep on walking.. don't even think about adding it to the freezer. 

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I went down to Subway earlier, and got the chicken and bacon on herb and cheese bread... Instead of the ranch, I had them cover it in marinara sauce, parmesan and oregano, a lot of onions and some black pepper, then extra Swiss cheese...

Between the marinara, the bacon and the onions, it almost tasted like barbecue sauce.

Bacon, onions, and green olives is one of my favorite pizza combos.

8 people like this

11 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

and now I want to eat that.

8 people like this

14 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Weird dream last night--I don't remember much of it, and what I do is a little disjointed. I was hanging out with a bunch of folks that I served with in the Navy (whether we were still in or not is fuzzy...)...we ran into the members of Motley Crue and then the really crazy shenanigans started....I was wearing a chainmail kilt (I have toyed with buying and wearing a kilt, but certainly not one made of chain mail)...there was dancing...and a fire....

You know... I have a pretty good sized sheet of chain.  I am sure that I can turn it into a kilt... but are ya Wolf enough ta wear it in October?

13 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I just started listening to The Wheel of Time on audiobook last night, and honest to goodness it put me to sleep about 30 minutes in. It's just so rambly, and the narrator, though excellent, has a very soothing voice. Guess I have a cure for my insomnia now. :lol: 

Audiobooks are good if you have something to do with your hands... or don't mind large gaps in between listening.  Very few can I listen to laying in bed without losing those large gaps.  Of course, I go to sleep super easy... so that's not saying much.

9 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Dunno if all raiding and pillaging deserves a song. Still, an attempt was made.

Raiding and pillaging always deserves a song!  

I submit to you, Krilliterally, The Krilling Song!

It was the summer of 793
When we sailed across the Great North Sea
Comets crossed the skies that night
Must have known something wasn't right

We arrived upon your English shore
And you offered friendship
But we wanted more
Yeah, so much more!

We're tearing up this place tonight
Krilliterally!
We're gonna set this sleepy town alight
Krilliterally!
We'll kill and steal and burn and drink
'Cause us krillings don't care what you think
Woah oh oh!

Let me in, won't you please
We're here to raid your monasteries
We're primed and ready to attack
And we love how monks just don't fight back

You'll die or become a slave to me
Though our slaves often get chucked up in the sea
If the boat's heavy! Yeah, yeah!

You're gonna lose your head, my friend
Krilliterally!
We're gonna getcha in the end
Krilliterally!
And I'll drink a toast from your skull
'Cause we're krillings and that's how we roll!

*** Plays that axe ***

We're gonna paint the whole town red
Krilliterally!
With the blood of the dead
Krilliterally!
We'll take everything that you own
And get back on our ship, and go back home
Woah, oh oh!

We're going home
Woah, oh oh!
We're going home
Woah, oh oh!
We are going home
Woah, oh oh!
We are going home
Woah, oh oh!

Special skull drinking included for our revered Barbarian...

13 people like this

14 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Oh, we've got way more than three! http://nuclear-krill.wikia.com/wiki/DISCOGRAPHY  :bday: 

That sounds like an excellent Twilight Zone episode. :D

I just started listening to The Wheel of Time on audiobook last night, and honest to goodness it put me to sleep about 30 minutes in. It's just so rambly, and the narrator, though excellent, has a very soothing voice. Guess I have a cure for my insomnia now. :lol: 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I need an audio reader for the randomness thread.

Only chance I have for keeping up.

Or for getting asleep early.

also

Quite surprised no-one has mentioned The Krills Canadian connection.

14 people like this

Bathroom appliances and trim are complete out through the laundry room. Upset I worked an hour more than I had planned, but the elfin wall heater was a royal elfity elf of an elf. I guess the dry wall is just too baked out. It doesn't even seem to want to hold a dry wall anchor. They go in fine, bur then just spin in place. Got it sort of hung, but no idea how to fix it long term.

Now, being Saturday night, I've got two Nuclear Krïll tours set city-wise. No idea when those two tours were done, or their names, but I do know that the End of the Whale tour was in 1999, in response to the Year 2000 bug worries. Now to figure out what cities were there, then work a little on the artwork. Sadly, the first search term for researching that will be 'whale anus'. I'm dreading a little bit to see what Google finds on that.

Oh, and there was a Krïllin' Time tour at some point. No idea the year nor cities for it yet. My researcher is looking into it.

9 people like this

Don't forget The Krills "Artic to Antarctic" tour.

Not a lot of cities on the tour, just a lot of ice.

Good turnout though.

IMG_0136.JPG

19 people like this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

a black fire dragon (red undertone, i.e., the traditional Balrog look)...

I still want to paint another Kaladrax up as an obsidian dragon perched on a base submerged in lava. Someday....

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

*takes notes* As a former Subway Sandwich artist, I always enjoy learning about new sandwich combinations! ::D: Swap the chicken and bacon out for extra pepperoni and throw on a bunch of olives, and you get a pizza sub; a kid taught me that one. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Quite surprised no-one has mentioned The Krills Canadian connection.

Darsc Zakrill, our Canadian envoy and ambassador! :bday: 

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Oh, and there was a Krïllin' Time tour at some point. No idea the year nor cities for it yet. My researcher is looking into it.

Ah, thank you for reminding me; I need to fill in the Tours section of the wiki. I collected a ton of excellent suggestions from the Randomness thread! :D

~~~~

I'm in a nostalgic mood, so I'm listening to a classic Nuclear Krill song tonight. A bit older, but still good!

Baleen Rhapsody

Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasea?

Caught in a mudslide

No escape from reality

Open your eyes

Look down to the waves and sea

I'm just a poor krill, I need no sympathy

Because I'm easy come, easy flow

Little high, little low

Any way the tide flows, doesn't really matter to me

To me

Mama, just krilled a crab

Put a prawn against his head

Made him eat it, now he's fed

Mana, life had just begun

But now I've gone and blown it all away

Mama, ooo

Didn't mean to make you cry

If I'm not back again this time tomorrow,

Carry on carry on

Like nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come

Sent shivers down my spine

Pleon's aching all the time

Goodbye everybody, I've got to go

Got to leave you all behind and face the truth

Mama, ooo (any way the tide flows)

I don't wanna die

I sometimes wish I'd never been spawned at all

(guitar solo)

I see a little silhouetto of a crab

Scaramouch, Scaramouch, will you do the fandango

Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me

Galileo, Galileo,

Galileo, Galileo,

Galileo Figaro – magnifico

I'm just a poor krill, nobody loves me

He's just a poor krill from a poor swarm, and please

Spare him his life from this monstrosity

Easy come, easy flow, will you let me go

Bismillah! No! We will not let you go Let him go!

Bismillah! We will not let you go Let him go!

Bismillah! We will not let you go Let me go!

Will not let you go Let me go (never)

Never let you go

Let me go

Never let me go ooo

No, no, no, no, no, no, no

Oh mama mia, mama mia

Mama mia let me go

Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me

For me

For me

So you think you can stop me and spit in my eye

So you think you can krill me and leave me to cry

Oh baby, can't do this to me baby

Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here

(musical interlude)

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah

Nothing really matters

Anyone can sea

Nothing really matters

Nothing really matters

To me

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
16 people like this

11 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Awww, issa cute widdle sparkly piggy

Does it make sparkly bacon? Shiny hams? Painted pink trotters? Inquiring chefs want to know how much glitter needs to be skimmed off the soup.

3139_032008_glitter_ham_vl.jpg?itok=2k6P

10 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

*while the wolf is sleeping, he superglues 20 minis to his tail*

We'll see him chasing his tail all day tomorrow! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

*** Wakes up, see minis, wags tail in excitement***

*** Minis flying all over the place ***

*** One of the bigger metal dragons crushes Ub3r's prize Frost Giant's skull***

*** Tilts head, "that can't be good," wanders off***

6 people like this