Jump to content
Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

Recommended Posts

Only if you believe in such a mythical place as "Europe," where healthcare is affordable, vacation time is plentiful, and you're not expected to work yourself to death in overtime as a normal part of your job. That's just a fever dream.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Only if you believe in such a mythical place as "Europe," where healthcare is affordable, vacation time is plentiful, and you're not expected to work yourself to death in overtime as a normal part of your job. That's just a fever dream.

 

But ...but...

I'm real!!

 

***Pinches arm,, OUCH!!!***

 

See? I'm real, The Netherlands exist, Europe is Real!!!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On thr internet no one knows you're a continent.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

16 minutes ago, Pingo said:

On thr internet no one knows you're a continent.

 

That's because everyone on the Internet knows that continents are just a lie that the government tells you to make you happy. Just like the promise of higher wages and more jobs...

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pingo said:

Every once in a while I just feel totally lost around here.   :huh:  

I read every post, and I feel that way sometimes, too.

 

15 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

That's the danger of the randomness thread! You get wolves and barbarians and goblins ...oh my! Steering the ship ::P:

 

It's fortunate that you've also got a few sailors around, so that someone who actually knows what they're doing can keep you out of (too much) trouble.

 

Off to New Jersey...again.

page 141

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Unruly said:

 

 

 

That's because everyone on the Internet knows that continents are just a lie that the government tells you to make you happy. Just like the promise of higher wages and more jobs...

 

I got jobs.  I got jobs out the wazoo.  I pay in gruel, all the gruel you can eat.  Free medical, too, under the care of Dr. Buglips.  You want I should hook you up?  If you're a people person I got some clients what owes me and can give you a swanky title like Associate Manager of Financial Resolution.  You do a good job and I'll let you earn extra repossessing playground equipment what the municipals is behind on so they don't forget who runs the slide and see-saw racket.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*** Sits in his Office, stares at screen***

 

*** What if I'm not real???***

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xherman1964 said:

*** Sits in his Office, stares at screen***

 

*** What if I'm not real???***

 

 

abX94P9_700b.jpg

 

I...I couldn't resist.

 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

 

I got jobs.  I got jobs out the wazoo.  I pay in gruel, all the gruel you can eat.  Free medical, too, under the care of Dr. Buglips.  You want I should hook you up?  If you're a people person I got some clients what owes me and can give you a swanky title like Associate Manager of Financial Resolution.  You do a good job and I'll let you earn extra repossessing playground equipment what the municipals is behind on so they don't forget who runs the slide and see-saw racket.

 

I already got a job in collections. Except I go after cars. I run the parking space racket around where I live, and let me tell you, business is about to start booming in about a month. 30,000 extra people move into town and they're all a bunch of dumb college students who couldn't tell a yellow curb from a hole in the ground...

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Unruly said:

 

I already got a job in collections. Except I go after cars. I run the parking space racket around where I live, and let me tell you, business is about to start booming in about a month. 30,000 extra people move into town and they're all a bunch of dumb college students who couldn't tell a yellow curb from a hole in the ground...

 

I think I must be lucky to live in a relatively compact city college neighborhood which is pretty walkable and has good public transportation and severely limited parking.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Unruly said:

 

I already got a job in collections. Except I go after cars. I run the parking space racket around where I live, and let me tell you, business is about to start booming in about a month. 30,000 extra people move into town and they're all a bunch of dumb college students who couldn't tell a yellow curb from a hole in the ground...

 

I had a cousin, Smushface, who used to chase cars too.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*** Stares at ceiling***

 

If I'm not real, then Nothing really matters to me....To me......

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pingo said:

 

I think I must be lucky to live in a relatively compact city college neighborhood which is pretty walkable and has good public transportation and severely limited parking.

Yea, our public transport options around here are pretty bad. Some of the apartment complexes run their own busses because the actual transit busses stop after like 9pm. WVU has the PRT system, but it also shuts down at night and, while awesome on paper, is old, in need of a total overhaul(in progress), and has only 5 stops. If it were to be expanded massively, with more stops in the city and some stops outside the city limits in student-heavy areas, it would be the next best thing to a subway system though. Especially if they kept it running all night.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

***Looks out of window...it sure looks real enough***

 

Hmmm, wait!

What if EUROPE is real and Amurika is a Fantasy?

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!
       
      Presenting a favourite mini of mine, painted a few years back but not shown until now - Forgeworld's Warpfire Dragon.
       
       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       
       
      Thanks for looking!
       
       
    • By Werkrobotwerk
      Rather than clutter up the topic in sci-fi general with the details of how I'm painting these guys, I decided to start a wip thread. 
       
      The plan is to paint all the marines in the primaris half of the new warhammer 40000 starter box.
       
      So far I know the base colors I'm going with are purple armor, silver trim, blue weapons, green lenses. I haven't decided on squad markings or chapter symbol yet. This is of course not the colors of a canonical chapter, so I'm making it up as I go.
       
      I painted two test models just to make sure purple, blue, silver looked ok. 


    • By Pingo
      I speed-painted these over two afternoons to be a party of NPC adventurers for an eclectic mash-up of Exalted and the World of Darkness.  They are 77322, Kassandra of the Blade (sculpted by Werner Klocke); 77405, Aeris, Female Elf Ranger (sculpted by Julie Guthrie); as-yet unnumbered Mythos figures based on 50032: Jake Ryan, Hero Explorer (sculpted by Bobby Jackson) and the Victorian Lord from the set 50326: Victorian Lord & Dame (sculpted by Bob Ridolfi); and 77409, Flara, Elf Heroine (sculpted by Werner Klocke).
       
      WIP thread here.
       
       


       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       
       
       
       
       
    • By Pingo
      My GM needed a party of NPCs fast for a game of Exalted set in the World of Darkness (think fantasy characters popping up in a modern day world, more or less).
       
      There was no time to order anything, but we had the handy new Bones III core and Mythos sets.
       
      These are the Bones minis 77322, Kassandra of the Blade (sculpted by Werner Klocke); 77405, Aeris, Female Elf Ranger (sculpted by Julie Guthrie); as-yet unnumbered Mythos figures based on 50032: Jake Ryan, Hero Explorer (sculpted by Bobby Jackson) and the Victorian Lord from the set 50326: Victorian Lord & Dame (sculpted by Bob Ridolfi); and as a free bonus 77409, Flara, Elf Heroine (sculpted by Werner Klocke), who was simply a "Vale Swordsman Elf Grunt" in metal (she was the first character picked for the one represented by Kassandra of the Blade, and I painted her up anyway as an extra and useful figure).
       
      I painted these really fast -- for me -- in two afternoons, one to prime and paint faces and one to paint the rest of them.  It's not quite my one-hour robot speed paint, but for me it was super fast and the results are more tabletop-quality than my usual run.
       
      First I washed and primed all the Bones with Reaper's Brown Liner.  I did not clean flash up as much as normal owing to the tight deadline.

       

       
      Skin work, using simple mixes of earth pigments plus white: Burnt Umber (for the darker skin tones), Burnt Sienna (for the pinker, lighter skin tones), Red Iron Oxide (for really pink skin) ,and Yellow Ochre plus Titanium White. Hair was laid in with the same palette plus Carbon Black.

       
      Rough shading with ruddy Burnt Sienna-Titanium White shadows and greyer Burnt Umber-Titanium White shadows.

       
      This character, a former Fae, has dramatic blue-streaked hair.  This is a classic mix of Phthalocyanine Blue and enough Titanium White to make it opaque.

       

       

       
       
    • By Werkrobotwerk
      Earlier this week I got my hands on a set of bones 3 mythos cultists.
       
      I'm not really that into cthulhu, but I do love a crazy looking cult. So I went with purple robes with bronze weapons, and painted the faces as masks. Not really sure if they were meant to be masks, but I think it worked. 











  • Who's Online   34 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

×