Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

18 hours ago, Argentee said:

The problem with a stencil is that the sides are corrugated, so nothing lays flat... Ah well, a problem for another day... or as my mother says "I'll burn that bridge when I come to it." :lol:

I like the way your mom thinks.

10 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

I have the sad. It's time for me to buckle down and start studying. 

I may be returning to school soon myself....

8 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

Guess I should probably paint some stuff, shouldn't I?

7 hours ago, klarg1 said:

I just kind of assumed all of you were my imaginary friends.

So did I.

then I MET a bunch of you at Reapercon and now I don't know what to think...

10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Rest stop.

Random thoughts while driving:

this trip would take longer, but be a lot less stressful, if I were driving a tank.

8 hours ago, knarthex said:

An M1 Abrams will do 50 mph....

Just sayin...

I knew they had a pretty decent road speed, but not exactly what it was.

7 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Drive a tank!!! Go get one, don't you have security clearance or know someone who does???

I'd love to.

Don't tempt me.

Yes, I do still have an active security clearance., as well as knowing other folks who do.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help me get my hands on a tank.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I like the way your mom thinks.

I may be returning to school soon myself....

Guess I should probably paint some stuff, shouldn't I?

So did I.

I knew they had a pretty decent road speed, but not exactly what it was.

I'd love to.

Don't tempt me.

Yes, I do still have an active security clearance., as well as knowing other folks who do.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help me get my hands on a tank.

Yes! Paint stuff!

I still think you're all imaginary. No way weirdos like you all actually exist. 

You're clearly not trying hard enough. Pretty sure I could get my hands on a tank with out a clearance. Not an Abrams.... 

• Like 9

That almost sounds like a challenge, David....

26 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I get off work in 5 mins!! Going to swing by Starbucks and grab a nice big iced tea and run go home, change outta work clothes, head into the hobby room, turn on some good tunes, and paint like a fiend!

An excellent plan, have fun!!

• Like 6

Blarg! Internet down at home! It rained very hard here. Some crazy flooding, I bet that's why it's down. 

ETA: According to Cox, the outage should be resolved by 9:58 pm... great.... right about the time I go to bed... 

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 7

So far all eight minis on the desk have eyes, three have completed skin, and the face, torso and left arm of the Wizkids Rasta Troll have their first highlight of Kislev flesh. My original #0 brush is about dead though, but should last long enough to complete the troll. Then it's off to the Mug of Brushes Awaiting the Inevitable Goblin Challenge.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Blarg! Internet down at home! It rained very hard here. Some crazy flooding, I bet that's why it's down. 

No problems at casa de barbarian though, I hope.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

No problems at casa de barbarian though, I hope.

Flooding all around streets at least 6 inches deep in most areas, up to like a foot deep in other areas. The water is running down in small rivers from the mountains to the west. Monsoon season is upon us in full swing. It rains very hard for like 20-30 minutes and then floods everywhere. House is okay, nothing in our yard or in our little development, but all around is different story.

Heh, using my iPhone for a hotspot for my laptop. Wow, nothing in the "smart home" system is working it's all intra-connected with the internet to be able to control things like speakers so I can listen to music from my laptop to the speaker in my hobby room. I'm going all old skool and listening to my music on the laptop speakers!

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 14

My shoulders and neck are throwing a fit. Every time I sit up it hurts, I've taken some Ibuprofen and next up is heat. I really want to get back to the painting desk. I have a lot I need/want to do before this weekend.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, SparrowMarie said:

My shoulders and neck are throwing a fit. Every time I sit up it hurts, I've taken some Ibuprofen and next up is heat. I really want to get back to the painting desk. I have a lot I need/want to do before this weekend.

Ugh, that sucks. I hope you feel better soon. Perhaps go take a nice hot shower or bath? 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Ugh, that sucks. I hope you feel better soon. Perhaps go take a nice hot shower or bath? 

I took a bath already, it helped for about the time it took me to air dry my hair and then kicked up again. I'm probably going to have to go hunt for the heating pad and use it for a while. I will probably be up late tonight so hopefully plenty of time to get going.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I took a bath already, it helped for about the time it took me to air dry my hair and then kicked up again. I'm probably going to have to go hunt for the heating pad and use it for a while. I will probably be up late tonight so hopefully plenty of time to get going.

Hope you feel better!

And @ub3r_n3rd stay safe! And dry!

• Like 7

9 hours ago, klarg1 said:

I just kind of assumed all of you were my imaginary friends.

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

So did I.

**looks down shirt**

Yup! Imaginary!

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

ETA: According to Cox, the outage should be resolved by 9:58 pm... great.... right about the time I go to bed... 

It just seems weird that you have all the rain and that Seattle is so dry.  

I honestly feel a bit strange after a full month with no rain.  

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

And @ub3r_n3rd stay safe! And dry!

Trying!

3 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

*imagines leaning over to look down too*

Woah! Down boy! Family friendly!

1 minute ago, LittleBluberry said:

It just seems weird that you have all the rain and that Seattle is so dry.  

I honestly feel a bit strange after a full month with no rain.  

It literally rains here like 5-7 days per year,  but when those monsoons hit, woooooboooy, they are crazy!

• Like 10