Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

5926 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@LittleBluberry Oh I need to use a pill sorter. Otherwise I'll have no idea if I've taken my meds or not. I haven't decided if I am going to take this as a scheduled medication for a few days or not. Depends on how I feel tomorrow. If I do, I'll add it to the pill box.

Sorry that you are able to relate to the fatigue. 

People often say "I can see how the pain bothers you." and actually I don't really mind the pain as much, it's the fatigue that gets me. The pain is annoying, the fatigue is life limiting. So in my view that's the worst. 

Edited by Thes Hunter
9 people like this

I have stood before the fatigue wall... I am helpless before it and even though I have sympathy, I really don't understand it completely.  I see it's effects and I know where the wall goes to and how it ends.  Maybe someday I'll find a way to move the wall... until then, I'll keep standing watch over the fallen at that wall.

*** salutes ***

10 people like this

9 hours ago, Grayfax said:
9 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Now the great glitter war... That was... 

What's that? Redacted? Oh, right.

The great glitter war never happened. Move along. Move along.

Yeah, you can't bring that up.  That's how we get a talking to from the Kaiju... and I wasn't even involved back then... 

makes me wonder what it would have been like to live through it!

We could talk about The Superglue Incident instead... ::D:

6 people like this

15 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

We could talk about The Superglue Incident instead... ::D:

Speaking of superglue...

Tonight I managed to get some on my shirt and then I got some accelerator on my finger and superglue shortly after which felt like a very hard pinch like when when you pinch your finger with pliers or something. 

The dangers of painting and hobbying!

12 people like this

9 hours ago, Cyradis said:

But seriously. Where are the crab people?

That would be Siri...  AKA Sirithiliel, Queen Tiamacrab...

8 people like this

http://nerdist.com/star-wars-jedi-medieval-battle-simulator/

Because nerds. 

A random encounter in tonight's game ended up being an ambush of 16 bandits, their level 2 fighter leader, his hired Ogre and the ogre's 4 orcs against a fighter, dwarf, thief, wizard, and cleric (all level 5) plus 7 men at arms, and a torch bearer. The fireball spell put a bit of a damper on the bandits... I only managed to drop 4 of the hirelings.

I still can't believe they opted to sell the magic sword...

Of course, now I need to figure out where the ogre's lair is... and figure out how many bandits are left in their lair... Not many... 

8 people like this

Wife just got off work here about 10-15 mins ago, so we are going to a late dinner. 

At least I got a bunch of hobby time in tonight - worked on my Reapercon Open project (Snake/Sea monster), I'm prepping a couple of busts to tinker around with soon(tm) and prepped the final figure for my D&D group, will paint up a female dark elf rogue this week.

11 people like this

Goodness, I have got to muster up some energy somehow. ;A;

I'm thinking about drawing character portraits for some side income while I job hunt, I'm wondering if I should learn digital. No shipping costs, I already have a drawing program, and I won't need to buy more physical drawing materials.... Hummmm.

I guess what's stopping me is that there are already so many digital artists that are CRAZY GOOD. But traditional is kind of a hassle at the moment....

And I gotta keep sculpting, but it's so tough!! Raaaargh! 

13 people like this

Managed to complete July goals and several more besides. 31 minis this month so far 91 for the year! Now to get the Snoopy dancing done so I can make dinner.

10 people like this

3 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Managed to complete July goals and several more besides. 31 minis this month so far 91 for the year! Now to get the Snoopy dancing done so I can make dinner.

Awesome!!

4 people like this

4 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Evidence from clinical studies of the efficacy of valerian in treating sleep disorders such as insomnia is inconclusive.

Oh, I don't doubt it being inconclusive. Thus the whole "foul smelling placebo". But, if a placebo works for me, then... is it?

Anyway, @Sylverthorne's submission of Nuclear Krill artwork has made it onto a tee. This one is G rated, so it should be visible (once they've approved it) to anybody rather than just those who logged in to Zazzle. I'll try to figure out a non-link way of posting them. Store's name is nuclearkrillmerch. Think you can just paste that on the end of zazzle's basic website.

Sleepy now. Sleep now.

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Pingo said:

The weird thing is how ... off they seem.  Like they sort of got the superficialities of the style but are missing the spirit.

Ever see one of those rarefied academic literary types who suddenly decides he can write a romance novel because, well, obviously, who then churns out something which looks like the surface film on one inlet of the lake of romance but completely misses all nuances of the soul of the art?

(Sorry if I'm being a little over the top.  Not yet breakfasted.)

There was an episode of Futurama, one of the Comedy Central episodes, where Bender does that with folk songs.

16 hours ago, Arc 724 said:

Ok, So one last thing about my birthday!!!!!

Talk about the best gift ever! (for those of use that like this kind of thing)

japan_hib11.jpg

This Whiskey won whiskey of the year last year, i think, or the year before. Which is a pretty big deal - from what i hear - since it's a Japanese whiskey. 

I tell you what, this was amazing. I can see why it won too!

If you like that, try to get your hands on a bottle of Hakushu 12 year single malt. It's a not-Scotch(can't call it Scotch because it's not made in Scotland), and it's AMAZING! My favorite whisky by far, though it's hard to find because it's so popular. It's also a Suntory product. Roughly $100 a bottle, depending on alcohol taxes in your area, but because of its popularity and resulting scarcity I've seen it going for $2-300. Especially if you're buying it online, though every time I've found it in a physical liquor store it's been at regular price.

14 hours ago, Arc 724 said:

Wow, cool beans, thanks for looking that up. I had no idea Suntory bought Jim Beam. 

They also own a few Scottish distilleries(among them is Laphroaig, whose Quarter Cask I love, but all their other stuff I've tried has been too heavy on the iodine taste for me), and Courvoisier brandy. Honestly, Suntory owns so many different distilleries that it's hard to keep track.

14 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

My whiskey post started out by saying "I'm not surprised because according to my husband, Japan has been buying up all the bourbon." And I looked things up and found out that was not true. Australia drinks more US Whiskey per capita than Japan. Ok right behind Americans. 70% of US whiskey is drank by us. (Though I note they list all Whiskey, and don't make a special carve out for bourbon.) 

Which led me to the article about Suntory buying Jim Beam in 2014, and at first I thought 'Well it's not surprising Hibiki won because maybe they are learning some things from our storied Kentucky traditions." and I found out that wasn't true because Suntory was winning awards for it's whiskey before even buying Jim Beam. 

I've been hearing for years that the Japanese are out-Scotching the Scots, winning more and more awards every year for their Scotch-style whiskies. And they've been doing it with bourbon-style whiskies too. Just like with electronics before, the Japanese have surged toward the competition and are making a big name for themselves in booze.

In other news, almost got ran over at work today. Lady either didn't check her mirrors when backing out of her parking space or otherwise saw the parking authority uniform and decided to run me down. Not so much as a tap of the brakes as she just decided to shoot out of the space. Good thing I was paying attention when she wasn't because I was able to quickly move out of the way, but if she does that often she's gonna really hurt someone. Especially if she does it there, because it was right outside a public park.

I did find out that a shop in town carries Citadel paints and GW figures though. And the shop just opened a few months ago, so their paint stock should be relatively fresh and dried pots on the shelf should be unlikely. I like Citadel paints, but man do I hate those pots they come in. If a shop doesn't have good paint turnover, you're likely to find dead paint that's still factory sealed.

Edited by Unruly
10 people like this

That's part of why I stopped buying GW paints except for the shades. 

6 people like this

(tiptoes through the thread so as not to awaken the dozing forumites) 

Sleep for the Sleep God!

12 people like this

9 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

(tiptoes through the thread so as not to awaken the dozing forumites) 

Sleep for the Sleep God...

...is overrated. 

9 people like this