Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

You're still stuck in Crete for repairs and therefore have no real job so they stick you with as many watches as possible?

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Blep.

How's the day been for y'all?

Just been squishing on the squishy pillow for most of the day. He's really squishy. Come to think of it, nothing got done today. A whole day wasted. This makes me sad.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

You're still stuck in Crete for repairs and therefore have no real job so they stick you with as many watches as possible?

Nah, we're in Sicily now. :lol: My job doesn't change much based on what the ship is doing, I'm just kinda stuck in an endless series of watches anyway. Our schedules are... Byzantine.

I was midnight to 4 AM (at sea) yesterday. We pulled into port that morning, and I went to day watch (arrival time of 1000 until 1600). Then we turned around to the midnight watch, which I'm now on (0000-0800). But all of this is on top of a clock change because of the one hour time difference between Crete and Sicily, and right after a busy work day where we replenished XX Navy ships for XX hours, on top of my watches - so, I did a 16 hour day, slept a couple hours, was up for 22 hours, slept an hour and a half, and now I'm back on again.

• Like 7

OK, just saw these and thought you might enjoy them. Not the funniest thing I've ever seen but close enough to the truth I laughed a couple times.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

For some reason I thought cayenne was less hot than habenaro. I will need to use more caution when I harvest them and put them in my fresh salsa.

They are. At their hottest they're only about half as hot as even a mild habanero. That's why just about all the major consumer-brand hot sauces are cayenne pepper based. You know, stuff like Frank's Red Hot, Texas Pete, Lousiana, etc. If someone told you that they're hotter than habaneros, then they got some facts mixed up somewhere along the line.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Talae said:

Does Green Stuff go bad? I have a tube that is like a year and a half old that has been in my office for that time. It has been opened but only used once or twice.

Should I buy a new tube or will it still work for gap filling?

As long as you can knead the two colors together, you're good, although after about a year or two it gets a little bit harder to get truly fine detail out of it. Unless you're sculpting a human figure's face or something really tiny, it should be fine for most things.

If the individual colors start to set up, most of the time extended kneading will soften them up enough to be mixed, and you can dip them in really hot water for a bit as well to soften them temporarily.

I think the longest I ever had a package of greenstuff was about five and a half or six years. After about four or so, it was mainly only useful for packing in big gaps and making basic shapes to get covered with a layer of better putty.

• Like 4

I was never into parties as a youth. The closest I ever got was sometimes they were held on the first floor of the student union we gamed in on Saturday nights.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

A bit of Iron Maiden saved the evening in the end

Kind of you to offer. I'd seriously love to see that. 

Maybe one of these days, if I can just drag myself away from my garden :-)

Up The IRON!

2 hours ago, Last Knight said:

Nah, we're in Sicily now. :lol: My job doesn't change much based on what the ship is doing, I'm just kinda stuck in an endless series of watches anyway. Our schedules are... Byzantine.

I was midnight to 4 AM (at sea) yesterday. We pulled into port that morning, and I went to day watch (arrival time of 1000 until 1600). Then we turned around to the midnight watch, which I'm now on (0000-0800). But all of this is on top of a clock change because of the one hour time difference between Crete and Sicily, and right after a busy work day where we replenished XX Navy ships for XX hours, on top of my watches - so, I did a 16 hour day, slept a couple hours, was up for 22 hours, slept an hour and a half, and now I'm back on again.

Aren't you glad you joined the NAVY!

Not just an adventure, It's a Job!

• Like 8

My niece recently found some of her Dads old D&D minis (don't know what they are) and she now is interested in painting them.

Her mom and her are coming out for a short 3 day visit next week so I'm going to go through my paints and brushes to get a starter set together for her.

I'm so excited. ::D:

• Like 20

5 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Blep.

How's the day been for y'all?

Decently, I s'pose. Got all the carpet and pad out of the living room. Attempted to chisel the tile out of the entry. Got two tiles done before headed out to Home Depot for an air hammer with chisels. Also picked up a scraper, some cement patch, and... I guess that was it. Ran the chisel through 4 tile before the compressor kicked on, then let it set for 5 minutes before another one minute stretch of four tiles. Rinse and repeat. Son was counting the tiles, and we are about nearly halfway done with breaking up the tile. Still need to move the front loading washer and dryer out, then dismantle the bathroom and break out the tile there. In between air chisel runs, there's the thinset to clean off the cement, so I kept busy today. Did resort to putting the fish tank (35 gallons) just on the floor of the living room. Even with nearly all the water removed, it was still too heavy for three of us to lift. The kitten is enjoying the easier view.

Had really good Indian food for lunch, and sort of skipped dinner. Went out for frozen yogurt instead, after walking the dogs about an hour. Oh, and filled up the car without spewing gas down the side. Had the car at the dealership for about six hours getting recall repairs. It no longer spews! It makes me happy.

Shower is done, and I'm dead tired. But, it does look like we might actually finish the remodel of the ground floor level of the house (1970s tri level) before the long weekend is over. That'll make the wife super happy.

Should mention we have two "living rooms". One on the ground floor where the fish tank was, and another one level up, where the fish tank is. It's more or less at the same elevation as before.

• Like 10