Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

BAD WEEKEND!

First my oldest Stepdaughter ( 20) called me last night, her bicycle was stolen, so I picked her up.

We are now in the process of reporting it to the Police and then the assurance so she can get a new bike...

Then, my youngest stepdaughter ( 18) comes home in tears.

Last tuesday she was riding her bike to Handball when a young man came riding next to her.

He talked to her and gave her his cellpone number.

Se didn't feel right about it, he now knows where she trains.

She tried to stay friendly because she was scared, maybe she should have said that she doesn't want to talk to strange men, but she was too scared.

Maybe it's nothing, but it rings all my bells.

Then last thursday  he showed up in the supermarket where she works.

He said it was a coincedence, and if she would please consider calling him...

Luckily she didn't reveal much aside from her first name, no last name, no adress, no phone numbers etc..

On the one hand, this could be a young man ( she estimates him somewhere around 25 yr old) who is looking for a grilfriend.

On the other hand he could also be a predator.

I wanted to call him, but my girl didn't want me to do that.

She has called the Police instead and filed a report.

They will contact him and report back to us.

The Supermarket has camera images, they will look for him and can provide his profile if necessary.

Maybe we're overreacting, but she felt harassed and is scared.

I have told her to take the car instead of the bicycle for a while.

Asked her to tell this to everyone she knows.

Told her that if she feels unsafe, we will pick her up.

There are so-called loverboys active, they try to pick girls up, and when they got them, they will use force/rape etc to force them into prostitution.

But it could still be a normal guy trying to pick up a girl.

Although she did mention she has a boyfriend.

He turned around when she reached the sports facility.

Police has also adviced us, not to contact him ourselves.

They will see what's it all about and report back.

I will obey, but I would really like to call him.

On the other hand I might make things worse then they are.

My first instinct right now has put me in killing mood..I think that's not the wisest of things.

Hoping this will all work out to be something not so bad.

Edited by Xherman1964

Have the youngest start carrying mace - both kinds. If he shows up again and doesn't leave when he's asked, have her hit him with the spray and then cave his skull in with the club while he deals with that. Or at least smash a few ribs and an arm, just to get the point across.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Have the youngest start carrying mace - both kinds. If he shows up again and doesn't leave when he's asked, have her hit him with the spray and then cave his skull in with the club while he deals with that. Or at least smash a few ribs and an arm, just to get the point across.

Dutch..

Mace is prohibited. Basically all weapons are prohibited.

I really hope this turns out to be just a young guy trying to pick up a girlfriend in a stupid way.

For now I will wait for how the Police handles it and what they come up with.

( like, do they know this guy?)

We will break her routine by letting her take the car instead of the bike.

Also she will soon go on vacation and after that, her study will send her to internships, so she will not be on the same place at the same time anymore for a while.

As I said, We might be over reacting ( I really hope we are actually)

I must also be careful not to make things worse or act too quickly, I tend to be a bit over protective of the girls.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Pretty...

Just now, Xherman1964 said:

Dutch..

I really hope this turns out to be just a young guy trying to pick up a girlfriend in a stupid way.

Also she will soon go on vacation and after that, her study will send her to internships, so she will not be on the same place at the same time anymore for a while.

I must also be careful not to make things worse or act too quickly, I tend to be a bit over protective of the girls.

A good sturdy cane works too, though probably some self defense classes wouldn't be amis. 

Just about to start packing the car for our mini vacation. (Not a vacation with or for minis, that's in October ::D:). My personal preference would be for a primitive cabin, but we've got a house through airbnb instead. At least this way there's ac and WiFi.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

Dutch..

I have one of these which she's welcome to borrow 

Image result for arwens sword united cutlery

I did my share of following girls around, but I think I was about 13 rather than 25. 

• Like 11

Let's hope it is just a overzealous guy trying to get attention.

We will definitely break up her routine while waiting for the Police to investigate.

Still hope it is all rather innocent.

Trying not to get too worked up about it.

Basically, he rode next to her, talked to her, gave his phone number.

It is a small town so him showing up in the supermarket is not really strange,but it doesn't feel good of course.

It is probably not allowed to shoot any guys out of precaution, right?

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Xherman1964 said:

Let's hope it is just a overzealous guy trying to get attention.

We will definitely break up her routine while waiting for the Police to investigate.

Still hope it is all rather innocent.

Trying not to get too worked up about it.

Basically, he rode next to her, talked to her, gave his phone number.

It is a small town so him showing up in the supermarket is not really strange,but it doesn't feel good of course.

I shall contemplate this while cutting the lawn and get back to you

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

Yeah, probably not the best option at this point, tempting though it might be.

• Like 4

Well, I'll second the cane suggestion then. There's a free ebook on Amazon(and Google, and Project Gutenberg) called "Broad-Sword and Single-Stick" that was originally published in the 1890's, when proper fencing with sabers was still practiced. It's something of a modern fechtbuch, and would serve decently enough in instructing her how to swing that cane effectively. But, being in the Netherlands, I'm sure she could also find some medieval recreationists to learn from with relative ease. And no one can really complain to much about someone walking about town with a cane or a sturdy umbrella...

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, Last Knight said:

Actually, I'm quite glad I didn't join the Navy. :lol: At least I get overtime for working ridiculous hours.

He has a very good point there.

That's a pretty lousy situation, Xherman. I hope it turns out to be nothing.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Unruly said:

They are. At their hottest they're only about half as hot as even a mild habanero. That's why just about all the major consumer-brand hot sauces are cayenne pepper based. You know, stuff like Frank's Red Hot, Texas Pete, Lousiana, etc. If someone told you that they're hotter than habaneros, then they got some facts mixed up somewhere along the line.

Ha ha, I meant Jalapeno. Occasionally I find a Jalapeno that is spicy, but the Cayenne sauces are never spicy. Tis why I can eat a whole 1/2 bottle of the stuff on my catfish, or fish and chips. So I have always classified cayenne pepper a very mildly spicy, on the order of paprika or anaheim. 

I always dismissed the burning in my nose when I have inadvertently inhaled cayenne powder as the fact that it was in my nose. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

Well, I'll second the cane suggestion then. There's a free ebook on Amazon(and Google, and Project Gutenberg) called "Broad-Sword and Single-Stick" that was originally published in the 1890's, when proper fencing with sabers was still practiced. It's something of a modern fechtbuch, and would serve decently enough in instructing her how to swing that cane effectively. But, being in the Netherlands, I'm sure she could also find some medieval recreationists to learn from with relative ease. And no one can really complain to much about someone walking about town with a cane or a sturdy umbrella...

Formerly broken arm or no....

I don't think it would be a good outcome for anyone trying to get you in a street fight. 

• Like 5

so, I didn't notice until after I got some paint on them, but half the lizard man minis from bones 3 appear to be lizard women. The ones with spears and the ones that are looking back over their shoulder all have round lower bellies, while the archers and the other club lizard have flatter torsos and a narrower hip.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Are those real? I think I want one...

5 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Hoping this will all work out to be something not so bad.

I'm glad your daughter is safe. That kind of situation is very scary. From my own experiences, I can say that if she was creeped out by him, there's probably a good reason for it. Also, definitely don't call the guy, that will give him your number, which he can possibly use to get more information about you.

• Like 10