Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

Xherman, My dad used to teach self defense classes. He had a set of books that I think were called Black Medicine. They were supposedly illegal in Canada at the time but he bought them in the US and even now the border guards aren't really looking for contraband books. They were about how to defend yourself with everyday household items. I only remember a bit of it and still shudder. With a bit of practice I could turn a girl into a lethal weapon with simple things like combs, pens, a bar of soap... Don't know what happened to all of dad's karate and self defense books. I went through his house when he went into the nursing home gathering important papers and things but didn't see them.

Around here we often use the tried and true old west way of protecting our girls. Clean our guns in plain view, have conversations about the things we've killed and eaten and how we did it, discuss various castration techniques focusing on the painful ones and so on. Of course that assumes you're already in contact with the boy.

Last night I broke the bulb in my painting lamp so I started cataloging my paints so I can figure out what new ones I want to buy. Know what I have for Reaper paints and have started cross referencing what I have from other companies into similar Reaper shades. The excitement never ends.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Let's hope it is just a overzealous guy trying to get attention.

We will definitely break up her routine while waiting for the Police to investigate.

Still hope it is all rather innocent.

Trying not to get too worked up about it.

Basically, he rode next to her, talked to her, gave his phone number.

It is a small town so him showing up in the supermarket is not really strange,but it doesn't feel good of course.

It is probably not allowed to shoot any guys out of precaution, right?

I can be on the next flight out if she needs a bodyguard. Don't worry, on Dutch soil I have invulnerability because of my Canadian citizenship.

3 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Are those real? I think I want one...

I Believe they were discovered 6 years ago in Brazil, they're called the Sazimai Blue Tarantula.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

so, I didn't notice until after I got some paint on them, but half the lizard man minis from bones 3 appear to be lizard women. The ones with spears and the ones that are looking back over their shoulder all have round lower bellies, while the archers and the other club lizard have flatter torsos and a narrower hip.

Yay!  Female creatures that don't look like female mammals!

• Like 8

I'd like to say that I won't be pledging for any more Bones minis. I'd be lying but I'd still like to say it. I'm an mini addict and the support group isn't helping me to break the addiction.

• Like 11

03725_w_1.jpg

Glued to the top of a large wooden plinth, more likely than not.  He's a great contest piece, but most gaming tables can't go 20 minutes without knocking over a beverage, much less something delicate, top-heavy, and covered in hooks.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Zink said:

I'd like to say that I won't be pledging for any more Bones minis. I'd be lying but I'd still like to say it. I'm an mini addict and the support group isn't helping me to break the addiction.

Wouldn't be much of a support group if they didn't support your addiction, now would it?::P:

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, Zink said:

Xherman, My dad used to teach self defense classes. He had a set of books that I think were called Black Medicine. They were supposedly illegal in Canada at the time but he bought them in the US and even now the border guards aren't really looking for contraband books. They were about how to defend yourself with everyday household items. I only remember a bit of it and still shudder. With a bit of practice I could turn a girl into a lethal weapon with simple things like combs, pens, a bar of soap... Don't know what happened to all of dad's karate and self defense books. I went through his house when he went into the nursing home gathering important papers and things but didn't see them.

Around here we often use the tried and true old west way of protecting our girls. Clean our guns in plain view, have conversations about the things we've killed and eaten and how we did it, discuss various castration techniques focusing on the painful ones and so on. Of course that assumes you're already in contact with the boy.

Last night I broke the bulb in my painting lamp so I started cataloging my paints so I can figure out what new ones I want to buy. Know what I have for Reaper paints and have started cross referencing what I have from other companies into similar Reaper shades. The excitement never ends.

I have studied several forms of Martial Arts myself, and I do own the Black Medicine books myself.

I did instruct the girls, but the main problem is, if you're scared and don't dare to fight, you can't.

One day I beat a guy in a Kung Fu match, he had a higher belt than me, but he only practiced style before he decided to try a match.

Me, I already had fought several real matches and I won, because he got scared after receiving the first real blow.

My girl never fought in her life, so despite the instructions, I doubt if she will use it when things get rough.

In The Netherlands we are forbidden to carry or posses weapons.

I'm a Military Man, and I do need to be careful too how I handle this, putting someone in a hospital can cost me my job.

So if need be, I should be very very certain that there is ill intent and that she is in real danger.

Right now, it might be handled by the Police.

We will hear from them, they said.

Maybe it is just a guy who doesn't know how to approach a girl.

We will have to wait and see.

My main tactic now is to break up her routine so it won't be so predictable when she is at a certain place.

Anyway, I hope things will be allright.

We may still be overreacting, which I really hope is the case.

Thx for the advice.

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, Zink said:

Just keep posting till you hit a 1000 posts.

Then you can join House Figmentius and you will be cured right at home with the other addicts.

• Like 11

Re: moadain; he balances very carefully. I wouldn't dare use him on the battlefield, except I've drilled it into everyone's heads that they treat my minis carefully. They break the minis, I break them.

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, kitchen_wolf said:

03725_w_1.jpg

Glued to the top of a large wooden plinth, more likely than not.  He's a great contest piece, but most gaming tables can't go 20 minutes without knocking over a beverage, much less something delicate, top-heavy, and covered in hooks.

Yeah, I would use a wide base and weight it down with something. Lead sinkers, maybe.

--

When the life and safety of your loved ones is on the line, it's far better to be too cautious than the reverse. I hope for the best, Herman.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Re: moadain; he balances very carefully. I wouldn't dare use him on the battlefield, except I've drilled it into everyone's heads that they treat my minis carefully. They break the minis, I break them.

That seems fair and reasonable.::D:

• Like 9