Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

11387 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

At the waiting room a half hour early. Thumbs up for no traffic!

I was a little excited to have my wife watch me in recovery, and record anything I say that was stupid, but it looks like they don't let family into the recovery room. At least that's what the sign says. 

Yeah, normally recovery rooms are cleared of anything that could disturb the patient in any way. In Germany we call those rooms "Aufwachraum" (Waking up room).

14 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

it's a PC game on Steam called Depth

I've already done several skins for it, released in their Community Chest, where i receive a portion of the sales revenue 

but now i'll be working directly with them on their official skins, when they want my help on them =D

Oh, I know that game! That is awesome. Congratulations!

//

Got a call from the medical center. No need to see them - phew. They changed the appointment date. almost 7 hours I can use for something different.

10 people like this

6 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

At least you're close to done?

Nearly done. What's left in the apartment is mostly stuff to toss. As well as wall shelves. Then we just have to clean it up, which shouldn't be too bad.

Except for the oven. A few potatoes met an explosive end in there, and I just dumped baking soda on their smoldering remains. And never got around to cleaning it out. :rolleyes: 

@Sirithiliel that orca is beautiful! Congratulations ^_^ 

9 people like this

My gown isn't pretty. Reminds me of my grandparents' 1970's blue and green shag carpet. Got an hour until surgery now. Thank goodness for smart phones!

11 people like this

Feeling a bit nervous here...

I'm currently at the dentist, waiting for my 3pm appointment, and about 4pm I 'go under'(just talked with the anestesiologist) for 'a bit of dental work'...  

The work is pulling out the sorry remains of quite a few teeth, and hopefully, installing the bolts for implants. Grisly work...  and rather expensive...  

(For anyone who watched a certain Michael Bay documentary; Dental isn't usually covered unless it's a life threatening issue. )

So, I have to pay most of the cost for a fear of dentists myself. 

(I get about 1/3 covered)

My sister is going to pick me up afterwards, then, tomorrow it's back again to start the process of fitting the implants.  

I did get some work done some years ago, at a different dentist, using 'laughing gas' to keep me calm, which kind of worked, but the gas gave me the creeps. 

(I will not take ANYTHING even remotely mind-altering without a very good reason. I'm just that scared of me not being 'me' even for short periods of time)

I had to fast today...  

(I was allowed a 'light' breakfast if I had it before 8am, then nothing, not even a cup of water.)

Not only is there a hot-drinks dispenser in the waiting room, but there was one on the bus I spent 1.5 hours on, getting here....  

Yeah, I may be a bit thirsty by now....

9 people like this

Good luck!

You know... you and I will set the record for most forum members under anesthesia at the same time!

11 people like this

4 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Feeling a bit nervous here...

I'm currently at the dentist, waiting for my 3pm appointment, and about 4pm I 'go under'(just talked with the anestesiologist) for 'a bit of dental work'...  

The work is pulling out the sorry remains of quite a few teeth, and hopefully, installing the bolts for implants. Grisly work...  and rather expensive...  

(For anyone who watched a certain Michael Bay documentary; Dental isn't usually covered unless it's a life threatening issue. )

So, I have to pay most of the cost for a fear of dentists myself. 

(I get about 1/3 covered)

My sister is going to pick me up afterwards, then, tomorrow it's back again to start the process of fitting the implants.  

I did get some work done some years ago, at a different dentist, using 'laughing gas' to keep me calm, which kind of worked, but the gas gave me the creeps. 

(I will not take ANYTHING even remotely mind-altering without a very good reason. I'm just that scared of me not being 'me' even for short periods of time)

I had to fast today...  

(I was allowed a 'light' breakfast if I had it before 8am, then nothing, not even a cup of water.)

Not only is there a hot-drinks dispenser in the waiting room, but there was one on the bus I spent 1.5 hours on, getting here....  

Yeah, I may be a bit thirsty by now....

Well, "enjoy" would be the wrong term here ...

I keep my fingers crossed for you!

7 people like this

6 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

My gown isn't pretty. Reminds me of my grandparents' 1970's blue and green shag carpet. Got an hour until surgery now. Thank goodness for smart phones!

Hope it's just the color, not the texture. :blink:

9 people like this

Morning, all.  *hides in his bunker in fear of a second Monday*

5 people like this

3 hours ago, Unruly said:

It's got dextromethorphan in it, so if you chug the bottle you'll still get a nice drunk going on. Not the same kind of drunk, mind you. More of a feeling really nauseous, probably throwing up at least once, followed by fading in and out of consciousness while having some really vivid dreams/hallucinations that you don't want to be watching a History Channel marathon of gang-related documentaries to. It's... an interesting experience... I did wake up feeling AMAZING the next day, but the super vivid memories of Cabrini-Green when I'd never actually been there were a bit unsettling for a day or two...

The phenylephrine also isn't exactly great for you if you've got blood pressure issues either.

HAHAHAHAAHH YES!!! HAHAHAHHA ::D:::D:

Good morning all, 

About to enjoy some coffee. I was thinking this morning that the perks of working where I do is EXCELLENT coffee for free. Since I drink it black anyway I don't get he sugar and milk, etc etc. Ahhh! 

0530e3238f23dec04d124ff77f381a6d.jpg

6 people like this

AHHH I just finished two more miniatures last night... Now I'm 3 photo sessions behind! That's going to be a long weekend of photo and edit!

6 people like this

8 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

I have been officially contracted to work on a video game's concept artwork for new skins

previously I had done work on a unofficial community level, now I will be doing things for them directly 

Congratulations! Let us know which game it is when you're legally allowed to say.

8 people like this

I'm seriously elfed at myself... :grr:

I called out sick today for a second day, and now four hours later I'm feeling like I could have gone in and been at least semi-productive.

You have to understand - there have only been five times in my entire life I've called in sick two days in a row...

For a twisted knee, a bruised rib, two nasty cases of bronchitis, and something where I was still contagious and was ordered to stay home.

Calling out sick two days for an intestinal problem that I seem to be at least starting to get over halfway through the second day is... almost embarrassing.

I'm getting soft in my old age. Somebody shoot me. :down:

9 people like this

Just now, Mad Jack said:

I'm getting soft in my old age. Somebody shoot me. :down:

On my way over now!  I'll give your minis a good home.  Just make sure you have a note written absolving me of all guilt by the time I get there. ::P:

Note: I am not going to kill Jack and jack his minis.  If something actually happens I am not responsible.

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

On my way over now!  I'll give your minis a good home.  Just make sure you have a note written absolving me of all guilt by the time I get there. ::P:

Note: I am not going to kill Jack and jack his minis.  If something actually happens I am not responsible.

Too late - I've already shot the video where I name you as my killer... ::D:

On a happier note - if something ever does happen to me, you will be the one getting all my minis and hobby stuff...

Edited by Mad Jack
12 people like this

7 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Too late - I've already shot the video where I name you as my killer... ::D:

On a happier note - if something ever does happen to me, you will be the one getting all my minis and hobby stuff...

Not sure about that being a happy event... rather make sure you stay around and make things......interesting.

11 people like this