Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

8414 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

We're stressing the servers to their maximum load. Chips are heating up. Fans are whirring in distress. Electricity bills are rising. Through it all you can hear the faint sounds of an IT guy sobbing in the distance.

situation normal then...poor Kit 

48 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Actually, the B.C. fires were fairly thick here for awhile. The wind carries the smoke pretty far, given time.

we are currently being smoked in from those. Funny thing is, I literally drove across the province, west to east last week and didn't see any smoke or flame anywhere. A few burned places near Williams Lake/Cache Creek but not near what I was expecting. 

6 people like this

Woke up to see the Thunderfoot Behemoth revealed!

Good Morning Humans, prepare to get stomped!!!

AAARRROOOOO!!!!

Just a few more vacation days left, going to make the most of it.

6 hours ago, Grayfax said:

Because Grad Students are such fountains of blood money!  I am convinced most of ours live on ramen noodles and free food at all sorts of places around town... oh, and to quote Friar Tuck, "Beeer!"

Oh come on! She can easily sell a kidney to buy the Lost Valley!!! PLEDGE!!!

5 hours ago, Knochensack said:

That's no small sacrifice anymore - that's almost attempted murder.

Really now. I need to find my reserve toe box.

Ah! You have passed the ritual!

Khorne is pleased.

9 people like this

20 hours ago, Grayfax said:

(I only say beautiful because this drizzly rain is the kind that we had so much of when my bride and I started dating 23 years ago).

I like how you refer to your wife as your "bride" even though you've been together so long. It's very cute ^_^

6 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I'm sorry, I snickered at the reserve toe box.

6 hours ago, Knochensack said:

Yeah, me too ...

Have this unfortunate reaction when people hurt themselves. I laugh. And it's really hard to control. Though, it seems that severe things don't cause me giggles. It's even worse with my hubby, because he acts really funny when he hurts himself. Thankfully he knows by now that I can't control the laughing sometimes and it makes me feel really bad. So he only glares at me a little. :rolleyes:

So, we're basically done with moving. In the morning I will get my flower pots (my car is a mess anyway, so putting several pots filled with dirt won't effect it much). And in the afternoon we will do the walk through and hand in the keys. 

I don't trust that woman though, so I'm taking video of the apartment. 

10 people like this

I am severely disappointed at the lack of chocolate chip cookies here. I cleaned an oven and a refidgerator today. I deserve a cookie, dernit!

7 people like this

3 hours ago, Unruly said:

A friend of mine, an armorer for the SCA has a story about how he once accidentally killed himself(there are multiple times) with the little, super sharp, bits of metal that get left over after using a metal shear. He has a big plastic bin that he keeps the bits in, which then go to recycling when the bin gets full. At one point he was walking past a bin that was almost full, and caught the very tip of a piece with his calf. He cut a 9 inch long gash about a 1/4 inch deep into his calf and didn't realize it until he had bled so much that his boots were squishy with blood. Realizing that he needed to go to the hospital for stitches at that point, he was faced with a dilemma - go inside and try to staunch the bleeding with the first aid kit, or just drive straight to the ER and bleed all over the car. He decided to drive straight to the ER, because a week earlier his wife had had new carpet put into their house, and she had insisted that it be white...

I guess there are different ways to react to this - still. Ai Ai Ai, what a story.

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Ah! You have passed the ritual!

Khorne is pleased.

Being traditionally a member of the Imperial Guard and married to a Sister of Battle, I cannot say I'd be pleased to hear that - and neither is she ...

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

So he only glares at me a little. :rolleyes:

I hope it is this pretty sad looking puppy face that tells you to feel really, really bad!

6 people like this

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I like how you refer to your wife as your "bride" even though you've been together so long. It's very cute ^_^

Yeah... we're even worse in person. We're that annoying couple that is overly affectionate in public. I blame it on our inability to have children, but it has kept us younger than our friends. Mostly we just really like being with each other...

10 people like this

I empathize with your friend, Unruly. The feeling of my blood squishing inside my shoe is one of those sense-memories that will flash back to me at odd times for no reason. Thankfully, mine was a slower bleed I was just being stoic-stubborn and refusing to deal with it because we were on the lost day of moving my Mother-in-law out of her apartment and -had- to finish. Replacing my socks and sneakers was cheaper than her being charged another month's rent for being a day late getting out.

Woke up this morning to a throat like sandpaper and a cat who wants ALL the pettings. Figured I'd catch up on the forums while humoring her.

8 people like this

6 hours ago, Unruly said:

There's a surprising overlap, or at least similarity, with a lot of Yiddish and German words as well.

Yiddish is generally considered to be a dialect of German.

3 people like this

5 hours ago, Knochensack said:

I guess there are different ways to react to this - still. Ai Ai Ai, what a story.

Being traditionally a member of the Imperial Guard and married to a Sister of Battle, I cannot say I'd be pleased to hear that - and neither is she ...

I hope it is this pretty sad looking puppy face that tells you to feel really, really bad!

You'll come around....

Gone_4c9ec4_5848922.thumb.jpg.9dbf72ce5d9de95327ab7dfc51d75248.jpg

4 hours ago, Grayfax said:

Yeah... we're even worse in person. We're that annoying couple that is overly affectionate in public. I blame it on our inability to have children, but it has kept us younger than our friends. Mostly we just really like being with each other...

Which is adorable!

My girl and me are together for almost 10 yrs now, both have been married before, we still hold hands in public and all.

I wouldn't want to miss that..

No shame in love!

10 people like this

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

You'll come around....

Gone_4c9ec4_5848922.thumb.jpg.9dbf72ce5d9de95327ab7dfc51d75248.jpg

e466366e254473054bfe7153092dba57--warham

11 people like this

4 minutes ago, Knochensack said:

e466366e254473054bfe7153092dba57--warham

battledecks-california-library-associati

7 people like this