Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

I'm currently looking at the old 1980's LJN AD&D action figures... The auction's going to go one of two ways at the very end - either nobody sees it at all/only a couple of people give reasonable bids on it, or the snipers will jump out of the weeds and there's going to be a horrifically bloody last-second bidding battle and the final price will be quite possibly more than the figures are actually worth.

In the first scenario, my planned bid may be high enough to discourage anyone less committed to acquiring the lot. In the second, I'm simply going to be a minor speedbump somewhere in the middle of the race, plowed through without stopping like a semi truck vs. a chipmunk.

(On a wider note, though, I would much rather engage in honest (if accidental) competition for something with a forumite or other person collecting for the love of it than to see it go to a dealer or somebody else looking to turn around and resell it for a profit... So I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is, especially if if it ends up costing one of the profiteering schmucks part of their payday.

Full disclosure: I myself am planning to turn around and resell some of the collection I don't need, although I plan to ask for a very reasonable starting bid to help out someone else looking to complete their collection.)

Oooooo I hadn't even been aware of such things. No worries from me, good luck on them and may you get them at a cheap acquistion.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Hope the weather stops torturing everyone for a while!  Except Buglips, of course, because the rock is due to get buried under snowdrifts soon.  ;)  I'm starting to feel like the weather people here are playing a game with the forecast where they keep saying it's going to rain in a few days but when it gets to that day it doesn't actually rain.  

And unexpected good news on the car repairs, apparently a plastic bit had come loose and was dangling down where it could bump a fan.  That plus some loose bolts on a plastic cover might have been the source of the unpleasant noise.  Hopefully.  

Sounds like you have our forecasters. Whatever weather you really want is always 3-4 days away. Every day, forever practically. Our forecast has been predicting a good rain for 3-4 days starting tonight. No sign of rain right now and the forecast has changed to maybe 5mm tomorrow and a slight chance after that. Just to be sure I spent an hour this evening running around pciking up tools that shouldn't be rained on, tarping grain, closing bins and windows and such that I haven't all summer. Probably made it so it won't rain at all now. That would suit me better at them moment anyhow but I'm not going to complain if we do get some.

• Like 8

Welp. All caught up on Eva rebuild now. 

Third part's got me all meh/gdiaf.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Zink said:

Sounds like you have our forecasters. Whatever weather you really want is always 3-4 days away. Every day, forever practically. Our forecast has been predicting a good rain for 3-4 days starting tonight. No sign of rain right now and the forecast has changed to maybe 5mm tomorrow and a slight chance after that. Just to be sure I spent an hour this evening running around pciking up tools that shouldn't be rained on, tarping grain, closing bins and windows and such that I haven't all summer. Probably made it so it won't rain at all now. That would suit me better at them moment anyhow but I'm not going to complain if we do get some.

Makes me think of Rick Mercer's weather forecast spoof:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDvqQKGgDA

• Like 5

I liked that skit except I'd say that 2-3 days is the max they can guess right. A friend told my wife that we're supposed to get the coldest winter in 50 years this year. Don't know where she read that but it's had me searching long term forecasts. What I found said it's either going to be warmer than normal or colder than normal. :blink: I'd love to just once see normal weather. I have no idea what that's supposed to be around here.

• Like 8

Found a temporary  (hopefully not!) Cure for brain weasels last night...

Mix one each

Goblin 

Xenomorph 

Wild wizard

A couple of wolves

A hangout 

And painting!

Thanks guys!

• Like 14

14 hours ago, Knochensack said:

Well then ... our pavilion survived barely. Bend metal, broken bolts ... errr. That will need some repairs. I need to make a total damage assessment tomorrow. Grrr.

Good luck with the repair party!

10 hours ago, DocPiske said:

Raiding Sodium... is that the band formed by that one member of Nuclear Krill that left due to "creative differences"?

I got that album, kinda meh except for the single.

Oh well it completes the collection.

1 hour ago, knarthex said:

Mix one each

Goblin 

Xenomorph 

Wild wizard

A couple of wolves

A hangout 

And painting!

Thanks guys!

You know you just have to be on the Forum/ Hangouts more it will improve your mood!

I know it does wonders for mine!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, knarthex said:

Mix one each

Goblin 

Xenomorph 

Wild wizard

A couple of wolves

A hangout 

And painting!

Thanks guys!

Glad to help.:winkthumbs:

• Like 5

10 hours ago, DocPiske said:

Raiding Sodium... is that the band formed by that one member of Nuclear Krill that left due to "creative differences"?

Yes. 

They put put out one good single, fire in the water.

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:
11 hours ago, DocPiske said:

Yes. 

They put put out one good single, fire in the water.

and then there was the supposed tribute band Radiant Sodium, that ended up just being a shill for Himalayan Salt Lamps.... 

• Like 10