Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

11663 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

One chicken breast per person SHOULD be the norm - meat portions should be the same size as your palm.

Is that like ... a date palm, or a coconut palm, or what?

:B):

9 people like this

Just now, Doug Sundseth said:

Is that like ... a date palm, or a coconut palm, or what?

:B):

I'm confused. I thought sarcasm was purple?

Or is this not sarcasm? Mouse is bad at sarcasm.

6 people like this

1 minute ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I'm confused. I thought sarcasm was purple?

Or is this not sarcasm? Mouse is bad at sarcasm.

1. Not everybody uses that particular signal.
  2. Not all humor is sarcasm.

But, as the smiley might indicate, it was intended as a joke. Sorry if that didn't come across.

8 people like this

Just now, Doug Sundseth said:
  1. Not everybody uses that particular signal.
  2. Not all humor is sarcasm.

But, as the smiley might indicate, it was intended as a joke. Sorry if that didn't come across.

Alright. I'm bad at jokes, too. I was just told that sarcasm/humor was purple, so I guess I was just confused. Oops.

6 people like this

...and a wild lunch has been spotted, the hunt is on!!

9 people like this

42 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

One chicken breast per person SHOULD be the norm - meat portions should be the same size as your palm.

The guideline I recall is that meat portions should be about the size of a deck of cards.

Now, being mostly gamers around here, if you're using Magic the Gathering, Fluxx, Cards Against Humanity, etc. as your reference, you *might* have a problem. :poke:

Edited by Cranky Dog
11 people like this

7 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Alright. I'm bad at jokes, too. I was just told that sarcasm/humor was purple, so I guess I was just confused. Oops.

If something is written in purple here, you can be fairly certain it was intended as humorous. But, especially in this thread, there would have to be quite a lot more purple if it were all signaled in that way.

Humor can be hard to communicate through text, which is why some people like to be pretty explicit in their signaling. But color is unreliable for that purpose, not least because of color deficiency in some people. I do what I can to communicate my meaning, but sometimes that fails; sorry if that happened in this case.

FWIW, I don't get all the jokes either, but the culture here is generally pretty nice. So unless I'm quite sure that something is meant in a mean-spirited way, I try to take things in stride. Plus, I'm a pretty snarky person everywhere (not just here), so I'd be a bit churlish if I were to take offense easily.

9 people like this

47 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I'm still relatively new to DMing, and I try to make my sessions challenging. But sometimes (a lot of times) a hard encounter becomes a deadly++ because I made a balancing mistake. For example, I learned the Poltergeist's CR 2 in 5E is there for mob estimating, not as a regular CR 2 beastie (invisibility is mean to lvl 2 characters)

One chicken breast, or half a chicken breast?

The parts sold as "split chicken breast" at the butcher counter are half. A whole chicken breast is probably more than half the accessible meat from a modern, industrial grade chicken.

Even then, a half is way bigger than my palm. (I usually break each half-breast down again into quarters, if I plan to serve them as single-portion)

6 people like this

@Zink :hugs:

thank you everyone for the moral support. I was pretty down last night. I mean, he's known me my entire life, but apparently he doesn't actually know me -_-

13 people like this

Family can be the best or the worst. I don't really talk to any of mine anymore outside of my parents, one cousin, and my Sister's family. 

I don't feel the lack. When my grandparents were sick my parents, with a bit of help from me, did most of the sacrificing/helping. My dad quit his job to be there to take care of them. My middle uncle did a bit, but he was always "too busy" to be there much. My older uncle, his wife, and two sons didn't even show up to my grandmother's funeral. Thus my grandfather disowned them. But in the end they said we "unduly influenced" my grandfather during his illness. Hence court, lawyers, lots of expense. 

7 people like this

My cat keeps stepping on my boob. :zombie: Why do cat feet feel like they have fifty thousand pounds of pressure :zombie:

8 people like this

17 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

My cat keeps stepping on my boob. :zombie: Why do cat feet feel like they have fifty thousand pounds of pressure :zombie:

HAHA. I'm sorry. I feel that so much. Seyda sleeps on my chest for most of the night, and always comes back when she sees me waking up.

So I'm greeted every morning with a little "mew" and 4 precise needle points of death into my chest and stomach. :zombie: 

8 people like this

16 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

You're not the only one.....

We have a Dutch saying that translates as  "Shared pain is half the pain"  so I'll take this as moral support.

Also today and tomorrow training course in another city and Friday off..so Yay!!!

12 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My cat is trying to lay on my face.

You're my kind of woman. My dad used to make pancakes the size of the pan. I got in an eating constest with my brothers over who could eat the most (without puking) and won with a total of three pancakes.

The pan was a 12 inch pan.

Reveal hidden contents

So, this is family drama relating to what's going on with my dad. 

My oldest brother, who I've mentioned before as being a douche, thinks I'm controlling and manipulating my dad. Because my dad doesn't want him involved in his finiacial or medical decisions. He seems to think that I have something to gain from it. 

I'm like, yes, I needed more anxiety and less sleep. Those are super important. 

There's a part of me that want to say to hell with douche-brother, you want to deal with all this BS, take it! But I can't do that, I can't just abandon my dad.

I'm so tired though.

I hope your brother will come to his senses soon.

You don't need that right now!

3 hours ago, hiddenone32 said:

Morning, peoples.

@redambrosia Maybe your brother could use a 12 inch pan upside his head?

WOOF scientists have studied this proposal.

Conclusion: Sounds like a good plan!

Advice: Do it!

7 people like this

43 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

@Zink :hugs:

thank you everyone for the moral support. I was pretty down last night. I mean, he's known me my entire life, but apparently he doesn't actually know me -_-

This is what hurts the most. It nearly killed my dad when people he'd tried to help all his life turned on him. Gave me a nervous breakdown when my brother flipped on me. I didn't really like the cousins that attacked my dad before it happened so it wasn't a huge shock/disappointment. Still hurts but not nearly as much. When somebody you think is on your side starts accusing you of all kinds of things it kind of blows your mind. Luckily my dad was still healthy then and he told my brother what he thought of it. So of all my evils I didn't take advantage of a dying old man. :rolleyes:I just brainwashed him before that. :angry:

6 people like this

I have spread the stroopwaffel addiction beyond the forum. The grocery chain that I work resets for has started carrying them in two packs of full sized ones and bags of mini ones that are a bit bigger than a half dollar. I bought a bag of the minis on Monday and gave them out to co-workers at break time. This morning one of them told me she was addicted and had already eaten two bags of them. 

11 people like this