Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

13 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Awesome Wife is a former phleb and IV Nurse, and every now and then I'll see her looking at my veins wistfully.  She has yet to stick me.  

That's good, because the logical alternative explanation is that she is a vampire.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Thin, nearly starving weasel like things, twice as long as normal, and have an extra half number of ribs than they should, all showing thru their taunt skins yet potbellied. With stubby back legs, yet have four front limbs all ending in unearthly long claws. Bent and misshapen tail, which almost looks like the bones inside have been broken and healed wrong in several spots. Their heads are misshapen as well, but oversized with two very distinct lobes, getting very large in the back, almost as if two bulbous turnips were shoved into the back of their head, then covered with skin. Entirely covered in unkempt and matted fur, that's never seen much care taken to it. Squinty eyes, and constantly curled lips drawn back in a scowl of hatred for all things around them.

I mean, I guess, uh, vaguely weasel like. Ah, huh. Think I'll get ready to go to work now.

Interestingly very close to my own mental image. 

Coffee...

• Like 14

So, I'm sitting in my morning project status meeting.  I look down at my hands and notice I still have a series of paint stripes on my thumbnail.  Painting cleanup fail...

• Like 14

Slightly out of context quote:

"It's one of those things people learn in school and go on to practice as an adult now and it was then: good, healthy psychopathy."

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 8

Our time entry system is a custom bit of code that requires Java to run. 

Our department in their wisdom has decided that all admin rights to our computers will now reside in a newly created IT Division. This includes updating programs.

Java, as it is wont to do at least once a week, needs to update. 

Our time entry system will not load without the update. As mentioned above I don’t have admin rights to update it. 

Of course when deciding that updates must be pushed by IT, they didn’t designate any specific individual to make sure that happens. 

Our timesheets are drop-dead, must be filed or we send the commissar to provide ‘motivational executions’, due today. 

I have decided the only solution is to start a heretical cult and lead a Chaos insurrection to liberate the Department from the tyranny of the False Emperor!  We may all end up as chaos spawn but by Tzeentch we will do so liberated from this tyrannical nonsense!

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

^Was my answer but I'm not a professional weaselologist so somebody else might have a better idea.

This will have to get in line behind @pcktlnt's dire platypus.  It is a rather long line these days...

• Like 16

8 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

@Pezler the Polychromatic @Unruly Yea, I lost track of how many times my card has been hit with fraud this year. More than I can count on one hand though. I'm hoping I get my card in time for Reapercon. There was a thread that was created earlier in the year (I think), my forum-fu is off. I cannot find it.

It was moved to Beekeepers because... Actually I have no idea why. But that's where it is now. 

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Hmm, I'll have to try. Having vision insurance doubles what I pay monthly for my insurance. Or it would.

We didn't bother with vision insurance for just that reason. We visit Costco optical once a year, then order our glasses from Zenni. I quite like them, they're super cheap yet sturdy, functional, and they have lots of style options. Just make sure you get your 'pupilary distance' measurement from the optometrist, since while you can do it yourself, it's a bit tricky. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

It was moved to Beekeepers because... Actually I have no idea why. But that's where it is now. 

We didn't bother with vision insurance for just that reason. We visit Costco optical once a year, then order our glasses from Zenni. I quite like them, they're super cheap yet sturdy, functional, and they have lots of style options. Just make sure you get your 'pupilary distance' measurement from the optometrist, since while you can do it yourself, it's a bit tricky. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I've gotten my glasses from 39 dollar glasses dot com for the last decade and been happy with their stuff too.

• Like 7

I bought my glasses 10.5 years ago. I should probably look at getting new ones. I think the prescription is slightly off now. Mind you, I still mostly forget to wear them and don't notice all day, so... ::): 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:
16 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

I think I need someone to model a pack of brain weasel miniatures for use in gaming.  Oh @TaleSpinner...

What does a brain weasel look like?

I vote that it looks something like this!  Oh no!  The horror!  It was eaten by PhotoBucket!  So, I guess I'll link to the gold entry from last year (top photo).  I think they look different to different people and on different days.  The result is this... though sometimes without a light-net of safety.

Edited by Grayfax
  • Like 8