Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

11550 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2017 at 3:35 AM, redambrosia said:

I'm glad Dapperbear didn't get stuck in line. I had a friend over and he saw Dapperbear. He immediately wanted one. Can't. He's mine. ::P:

Ahh, but as a paying customer, Dapperbear got into the VIP line, you know the one with velvet ropes that goes straight in.

11 people like this

Fast pass...

6 people like this

Well, the puppies woke me up once again just before my alarm was to go off, so my day is off to an on-time start. Didn't have the opportunity to hit snooze three or for times. Now to head to work and panic for the next five hours as I try to meet morning deadlines.

8 people like this

At work 

Short handed

Not enough sleep...

:zombie:

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, knarthex said:

At work 

Short handed

Not enough sleep...

:zombie:

11 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Well, the puppies woke me up once again just before my alarm was to go off, so my day is off to an on-time start. Didn't have the opportunity to hit snooze three or for times. Now to head to work and panic for the next five hours as I try to meet morning deadlines.

Dislike both.

Aside from walking the dogs and making coffee, I've yet to accomplish anything yet. I really should figure out what it is I want to accomplish today. 

9 people like this

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Aside from walking the dogs and making coffee, I've yet to accomplish anything yet.

You woke up, you got out of bed, you made your doggies happy, you made coffee, and you came and said hi to your friends! ^_^ There may be other things you accomplished but forgot to list. 

For me, I try to count the little things; it helps stave off brain weasels some days. :) 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

16 people like this

3 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

You woke up, you got out of bed, you made your doggies happy, you made coffee, and you came and said hi to your friends! ^_^ There may be other things you accomplished but forgot to list. 

For me, I try to count the little things; it helps stave off brain weasels some days. :) 

Huzzah!

Aww... :wub:

13 people like this

38 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Since you weigh 100lbs less now, still the diabetes?

Sounds a bit off to me.

Maybe get a second opinion?

I haven't actually lost 100lbs, that was the first doctor making a bad job of reading the scales.

Hopefully regular exercise is doing me some good, but I'm still pretty fat ::(:

5 people like this

13 hours ago, Pingo said:

I just realized that "Wonder Woman" and "American Gods" will be rivals for the Hugo Award next year.

:wacko:

I think I'll leave my opinions about both Wonder Woman and the Hugos to another venue.

5 people like this

7 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

I haven't actually lost 100lbs, that was the first doctor making a bad job of reading the scales.

Hopefully regular exercise is doing me some good, but I'm still pretty fat ::(:

I understood the doc misread the scales.

Just wondering if that also meant he made a wrong diagnosis.

As for exercise, it is healthy and will help.

Most important though is if you have a healthy eating pattern.

And of course some medication or illnesses could be contributing in a negative way.

10 people like this

29 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!

He continued to process nutrients and oxygen into semi-sentience. There’s always the base goal of living.

9 people like this

7 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Haha, okay the mind flayer pirate question was due to reaper's sculpt: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/03135/sku-down/03135

03135_G.jpg

I was looking for human pirates in similar poses (failed).

Why would you still want a mere human pirate after finding that tentacular perfection?

16 people like this

6 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Reminds me of the time I worked for AT&T. One day a kiosk rep sent an email to someone but accidentally clicked on something so that it was sent to the ENTIRE MAILING LIST of AT&T. All reps got it, which led to other people replying to tell the guy not to send it to them, which of course was in turn sent to the ENTIRE mailing list again. And again. And again. Finally a high level manager sent an email to the entire mailing list telling everyone not to respond to it because it keeps going to the entire mailing list. Which of course led to many reps replying not to send this to them, which kept snowballing. I counted 510 emails before it finally died away. Hurray for not following instructions or common sense.

I'm willing to bet that IT took down the mail server or otherwise took steps.  BS like that can wreak havoc on the mail system.  

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

He continued to process nutrients and oxygen into semi-sentience. There’s always the base goal of living.

A friend of mine used to say that if the kids were all alive at the end of the day then she'd done her job.  It's a helpful mantra for parents of multiple small children.  :lol: 

15 people like this

43 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

Why would you still want a mere human pirate after finding that tentacular perfection?

Cause I cannot figure out what giant beasties mind flayers fight. T__T 

North bay is on fire. I'm hearing reports of seven wildfires in that area. Wine county (Napa and Sonoma) is affected for those that like wine.

2 people like this

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I think whatever madness your husband has is catching. :blink:

He isn't a hubby, he's super good boyfriend. Sir Cyr is just a more fun and endearing way for me to refer to him until he gets on the forums (he's in for rainbow dragon challenge too!). Always typing "the BF" or "the significant other" had gotten tiring. 

The cleaning madness though... ahhhh!!!

14 people like this