Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

13 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

It occurs to me that it's been awhile since I made my specialty of maple & coffee glazed bacon.

I sweeten my coffee with maple syrup, when I drink it sweetened.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

It occurs to me that it's been awhile since I made my specialty of maple & coffee glazed bacon.

Maple syrup is very expensive here, we can get the blended syrup stuff but that's pretty poor in comparison.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

You forgot to put “and ship it to Erifnogard” on the end of that. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I sweeten my coffee with maple syrup, when I drink it sweetened.

Maple syrup is a glorious thing. Real maple syrup, that is. 

• Like 12

Is it weird that during Reapercon this thread evolved from one where glitter is thrown about and anthropomorphic wolves chase flying bacon to one where people are discussing chemistry as it relates to geology?

One of the downsides of my job is that I'm exposed on a regular basis to the terrible pop music that gets played in the clubs downtown. I woke up just now with one of those terrible songs stuck in my head. I'm half tempted to attempt some trepanning to relieve myself of it.

• Like 13

I have the heater off and it's supposed to be stupid cold outside, why it is so hot?! The oven's off, the heat's off, my clothes are off...

Is the apartment on fire and I just don't know it? Am I on fire? Do I need to set something on fire? Am I going insane?!

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Maple syrup is a glorious thing. Real maple syrup, that is. 

I would not drink anything else.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Sophie was taken said:

Wheeee car battery finally died and now it won’t start at all.

:angry:

• Like 10

I turned off the AC today, because this week it hasn't gone above 75F and it's frequently been down in the low 40s at night. So, you know, I turned off the AC and turned the heat on low-ish - 68F - so that it really only kicks on at night. But I looked at the forecast for next week, and they're saying were going to be back up to 80F this weekend. I really, really wish the weather would make up its mind.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 7

Have just gotten to the steamy bits in this stuff I’m writing.

“Rig for dive.”

”Clear the bridge.”

”Dive, dive, dive!”

(Not a quote or anything, just how it feels, a bit)

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, Unruly said:

One of the downsides of my job is that I'm exposed on a regular basis to the terrible pop music that gets played in the clubs downtown. I woke up just now with one of those terrible songs stuck in my head. I'm half tempted to attempt some trepanning to relieve myself of it.

Personally I have found the dulcet sound of Ozzy’s voice on ‘Iron Man’ kills any ear worm dead on one play through. 

• Like 8

I am immune to ear worms.  Or rather, I get them but I can shut them off at will.

• Like 7

Lucky.

I can try to shut them off, but they always, always, come back. I usually have to spend a bunch of time listening to other stuff to get rid of them. So right now I'm listening to Nerd Poker and hoping that listening to Brian Posehn playing D&D gets rid of whatever garbage this song is...

• Like 8