Froggy the Great

Randomness XII: Eighteen! Purple! Squirrels!

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

GUESS WHO'S GOT DEMOLITION MAN ON DVD TONIGHT!

For some reason when I popped the discussion in it automatically began playing with the commentary track. Briefly considered watching it that way. I honestly think it'd be ad much fun.

I love this broccoliing movie.

That's because it's a great movie! And this is a damn good rat burger!

Watching a documentary on Netflix called Ice Guardians about hockey enforcers. It's very good. The first hour is largely about the history of enforcers and their role in the game, then it goes more "serious." They've spent about half an hour or more talking about concussions in sports, and how enforcers and fighting get blamed for most of them in hockey when, statistically, they're a minimum compared to the other body hits that are part of the game itself. Which doesn't surprise me, considering that football has a huge concussion problem, and that's all caused by body hits, not punches to the head. And even junior league hockey tends to move faster than even professional football. NHL level players can hit 30+mph on the ice, and then slam into another player, who's also going near that speed in the opposite direction. But everyone wants to blame punches...

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Beagle said:

The destruction of good tea is blasphemy, the destruction of bad tea is holy.

death to herbal tea!

Given that tea is an herb, I'm fine with just destroying it all and letting God sort it out.

Seems fair.

5 hours ago, Beagle said:

You see, this is what happens when we let you Americans take over the reigns. Civilization stands on a knife's edge.

Ginger Peach tea my arse!

First, it's "reins". You can begin to "reign" or you can take up the "reins". And no civilized people would tolerate "reign".

Second, while "Ginger Peach tea" would not be my choice of drinks, it would have to be better than just "tea", which, in every form, is nasty.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Given that tea is an herb, I'm fine with just destroying it all and letting God sort it out.

Seems fair.

First, it's "reins". You can begin to "reign" or you can take up the "reins". And no civilized people would tolerate "reign".

Second, while "Ginger Peach tea" would not be my choice of drinks, it would have to be better than just "tea", which, in every form, is nasty.

It seems the Stasi is alive and well and operating out of its new headquarters in Northglenn, Colarado.

Thank you Doug.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

I wish someone would Make Westerns Great Again.

Dracula's America.  You need to play it.

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

And paints. 

And pants.

• Like 11

Not everything called tea is actually a tea. 

Rooibos for example is how they get rid of weeds in Africa... They ship it to unsuspecting buyers in other parts of the world...

Quick tip from the garage; if your original clutch-cable had an automatic adjuster on it, it's NOT a good idea to replace it with a cheap third-party cable without an adjuster...

Also, I really, really hope I haven't fried my clutch because I have a transversely mounted engine in my car, and that translates to 'never ever room to get to anything down deep'...    

(New cable, and a couple of other bits, mostly sensors have been ordered)

Now... I'm getting myself a good cup of tea(Indian Chai this time), before I head out and try to crash a very, very expensive DJI Mavic Pro...    

(I've crashed every copter, quad or 'drone' I've ever gotten my hands on... Lets hope this one has enough onboard smarts to survive)

EDIT: Also, Western movies are supposed to be bad!  

Nothing better to watch than a classic Spaghetti Western with the Clint as the lead actor...

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Y'know what sucks?

What really really sucks?

•It's not staying an extra 3 hours at work in hopes you'll get a few sales to make up the lousy day you're having and actually make some money.

•It's not the fact that no sales were made in those 3 hours.

•It's not the fact that upon finally getting home 3 hours later than normal you realize you have no clean dress shirts  to wear for work the next day and that you'll have to stay up later than planned so you can pull them out of the washer and into the dryer.

•It's not the fact that after getting engrossed in a couple of hours of tv watching and then being ready for some much needed sleep, you suddenly realize on your way to bed that you never removed your shirts from the washer, and will now have to stay up even longer as they go through the dryer.

What sucks. What really really sucks is realizing that as you go to start pulling your shirts out of the washing machine that you never turned the damn machine on in the first place and will now have to stay up extra late to both wash and dry your shirts when all you want to do is sleep.

THAT is what really really sucks!

:zombie:

Do what I do... toss in washer, set timer for 1 hour. Drag self out of bed, throw in dryer, back to bed.

My alarms and the timer are all part of a phone app. I lose less sleep this way.

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Not everything called tea is actually a tea. 

Rooibos for example is how they get rid of weeds in Africa... They ship it to unsuspecting buyers in other parts of the world...

Quick tip from the garage; if your original clutch-cable had an automatic adjuster on it, it's NOT a good idea to replace it with a cheap third-party cable without an adjuster...

Also, I really, really hope I haven't fried my clutch because I have a transversely mounted engine in my car, and that translates to 'never ever room to get to anything down deep'...    

(New cable, and a couple of other bits, mostly sensors have been ordered)

Now... I'm getting myself a good cup of tea(Indian Chai this time), before I head out and try to crash a very, very expensive DJI Mavic Pro...    

(I've crashed every copter, quad or 'drone' I've ever gotten my hands on... Lets hope this one has enough onboard smarts to survive)

Nothing better to watch than a classic Spaghetti Western with the Clint as the lead actor...

I don't know if its any consolation but the automatic adjusters i have had in cars let the clutch cable out as the clutch wears, so if your clutch isnt disengaging the cable is probably just now too short and the auto adjuster should restore the ability of your car to change gears.  So at least your clutch should be fine...

good choice on the Chai.  I need something warm in the morning to drink to get started.  The drugs im taking now pretty much have excluded coffee from my life :down: and even tea has a point where it just sits in my stomach and burns.  Chai, on the other hand is pretty kind to my innards and fits the bill of warm and stimulating!

on the copters, you and me both.  they either run out of power at 200 feet or hit a tree at high speed (and yes they still let me have a drivers license...)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Beagle said:

You see, this is what happens when we let you Americans take over the reigns. Civilization stands on a knife's edge.

Ginger Peach tea my arse!

Related image  Image result for english tea

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

That's not the proper way to drink tea you silly Brit.IMG_1319.JPG.e3f43f24f73ebb6eea6a88b024728ea8.JPG

Both these tea styles seem lovely to me. 

• Like 10

Ginger teas are good... in very small doses and when I'm very, very sick... 

Sick enough to not notice what I'm drinking...   

My clutch lets me shift gears just fine...

No, it's slipping when driving that's the issue. And THAT can really elf up the clutch plate. 

(And because I've had issues with id stalling out when idling, I've been 'riding the clutch' a lot lately)

I ordered a new idler valve and a few other sensors together with the clutch cable....    

Should I need a new plate, I can get that one locally. 

I could NOT get my cell-phone to work with the DJI Mavic, except when connected through the remote. Which really sucks because my phone is a CAT S40, and no, not only doesn't it fit physically in the clamps, but the USB-port is on the side, and rotated the wrong way for the cable that came with the remote.  

It flew well with the remote, though. But without a phone or something connected, I can't see the video feed.

(I had it in 'beginner mode' so it wouldn't fly further off than 100feet in any direction)   

I even tried to fly into a few trees and bushes, only to have the remote buzzing and alerting me to 'obstacle'.

I'll see if there's any usable footage in it later on. 

(It's got a gyro stabilized 4K movie camera... It better have good video... )

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 4

Looks like it is going to be a really broccoli-infested day. My eyes have been hurting since I woke up, have a headache, football game is in town and I am actually going to have to leave the house, and worst of all (so far) there was a problem with my Reaper order. Webmaster contacted, I know it will be resolved, but that won’t keep me from stressing about it in the mean time. *sigh*

Edit:

Just got an email from Reaper. They have my order on file so everything should be fine. Except the traffic, which Reaper has no control over.

Edited by Flit
Update
  • Like 8

I’m on steroids for a few days after a bit of dental surgery.

Today my ability to taste salt went away.

Kinda interesting, and weird.  After some odd food experiences I tested it by tasting pure table salt.

Near as I can tell, instead of the sparkly normal salt flavor, pure salt tastes to me at the moment like that old “salt substitute”, potassium chloride, or perhaps a bit like baking soda.  Very muted and a little bitter.

Also my ears are ringing.  Might be connected.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

• Like 5