• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Winterssavant
      I am current sitting with both Cinder and Blightfang Bones "minis", and before I paint it how did everyone else go about priming them?
      I want to do this large mini justice and prep it in the best way possible.   This is the Reaper Bones plastic mini, so I don't want to use an Rattle-Can due to the curing issues.
      Keep in mind that I do not have access an airbrush.

Also after I am done washing the mini in soap and water how else should I go preparing the mini?
    • By Ducknuck84
      Finished but not 100% satisfied maybe about 90%. The sculpt's look is fine but following the instructions the shadows came out too dark and the highlights barely noticeable the actual light over my table is doing more to highlight. Don't think this guy is the best to learn on due to the staff really blocking areas and making them hard to paint. If the staff was sculpted separate and you then glued it on I think it would be better. However for table top quality I this is fine and as always i learned some stuff.  I have another Anirion that I'll try again on at a later date.

• By Veegis
      Cthulhu fhtagn!

• By MissNiki
      These mini's are sooooo tiny! AND adorable!! 

I did have some trouble really picking out details on the Fairy and the one I am referring to as "Ragdoll". The soft edges were a little confusing at first and the way the Fairy's body is positioned, it was hard to tell what was leg or clothing! lol But I looked on google to get some reference from others that had already tackled these. That was super helpful! 
      After that I had painted these 3 up and set em aside for a while and worked on other things, not really sure what I wanted to do with them.

Then a couple weeks ago I went on a Youtube binge watching soooo mannny videos about basing and came up with some cool ideas! (Stay tuned for more on that!) 
      While cleaning up my bulletin board, a pushpin broke. The metal part, right off. I almost tossed it out, but I have a problem holding onto anything that might be useful later lol. But then I immediately imagined it as a spool of thread. *sketch idea, hold for later* Then I just had to figure out what mini to use and my husband suggested the ragdoll, I mean she is stitched together so ya! 

Then I did the Treant, those yellow bits on his base are foraged pieces of the invasive plant Virginia Creeper. We have some growing on our shed and as I was clearing it away I noticed how cool the little feets from their vines they use to climb look, so I snipped a ton of em, dried em out and hold onto them for neat terrain. These ones I chose to paint this yellow tone to accent the tree, without taking away or distracting from it! 

Lastly, was the fairy, I just felt her jamming out on top of a little pile of rocks would be cute lol. So I used cork as stone and little bits of clump foliage and some other cork stone and flock to decorate.

Thanks for looking everyone! C&C always welcome! 

• Who's Online   38 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)