• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Veegis
      Cthulhu fhtagn!

• By MissNiki
      These mini's are sooooo tiny! AND adorable!! 

I did have some trouble really picking out details on the Fairy and the one I am referring to as "Ragdoll". The soft edges were a little confusing at first and the way the Fairy's body is positioned, it was hard to tell what was leg or clothing! lol But I looked on google to get some reference from others that had already tackled these. That was super helpful! 
      After that I had painted these 3 up and set em aside for a while and worked on other things, not really sure what I wanted to do with them.

Then a couple weeks ago I went on a Youtube binge watching soooo mannny videos about basing and came up with some cool ideas! (Stay tuned for more on that!) 
      While cleaning up my bulletin board, a pushpin broke. The metal part, right off. I almost tossed it out, but I have a problem holding onto anything that might be useful later lol. But then I immediately imagined it as a spool of thread. *sketch idea, hold for later* Then I just had to figure out what mini to use and my husband suggested the ragdoll, I mean she is stitched together so ya! 

Then I did the Treant, those yellow bits on his base are foraged pieces of the invasive plant Virginia Creeper. We have some growing on our shed and as I was clearing it away I noticed how cool the little feets from their vines they use to climb look, so I snipped a ton of em, dried em out and hold onto them for neat terrain. These ones I chose to paint this yellow tone to accent the tree, without taking away or distracting from it! 

Lastly, was the fairy, I just felt her jamming out on top of a little pile of rocks would be cute lol. So I used cork as stone and little bits of clump foliage and some other cork stone and flock to decorate.

Thanks for looking everyone! C&C always welcome! 

• By MissNiki
      I wanted to share this since I did not find many of these already painted when looking for reference photos, maybe it can help someone else! 
      I went super bold with this guy, as I tend to do lol! The pictures don't really show how gross those pustules are though lol!  They have a bit of nurgle's rot on them as well. 

The basing was done with mostly natural elements! A real lichen laden stick, seed pods, fern leaves, along with some Army Painter Battlefields Grass Green and  Battlefield Rocks, as well as some basic
      clump foliage for filler! 
      Does anyone like to use natural materials for basing!? 

C&C welcome! Thanks for looking! 

• By MissNiki
      This is my first post here!  I have been encouraged for a while to join the forums and share some of the mini's that I have painted. I have been painting for many years dabbling in many styles and mediums. I've gotten more serious about my mini work the last couple years though. 
      I was hesitant to share my work, but figured, "What the heck! Why not!"

I decided to start with this model as it is one of my favorites to paint and I just love glitter, man! 
      I painted this up for my first con last fall and it was actually purchased by my bestie,  he then requested I add the glitter (to match another halfling mini I did for him.) 
      This is now his alternate ego character (he is the DM lol), which in his campaign ge had only revealed himself to be a helpful travelling halfling wizard until this guy was done. Then it was revealed he was a celestial dragon all along and the main adversary...or something like that lol! 

Please be honest and feel free to C&C! Ultimately I know the owner loves it, but I would love to see what others think!! 
      And thanks for welcoming me into this community!
      Oh, and as I am sure you guessed, I did get the Bones 3 Kickstarter so, please feel free to request I share any other minis I might have painted already or will paint :) 

• By DocPiske
      I haven't seen this posted anywhere else on the boards and did not find anything by searching, but RealmSmith has posted an interview from GAMA on YouTube with Ron and Ed. If this has already been posted, please feel free to nuke this post with extreme prejudice. As YouTube is a commercial site, no link but searching RealmSmith and Reaper will get you there.

Here are my notes:

Pathfinder Paints (!) - 56 new colors, Golarian specific colors, ETA October.

Learn to Paint kit expansions, 6 additional colors each and instructions, 4 expansion sets, ETA June or July.

Pathfinder Learn to Paint kit being worked on.

• Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)