Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Fort Moultrie

Resin model of Fort Moultrie, which sits at the tip of Sullivan's Island on the Charleston Harbor, SC.

The kit is by Brigade Models, and I did the prep and painting.

1_900_fort_moultrie_by_spielorjh-dbdn0k2

• Like 21

The thought of trying to paint anything that small makes me shudder. You did a nice job of it.

• Like 1

Nice!!!!

*** So...THAT's R.I.B.B.I.T's secret HQ???***

*** Prepares Glitterbombs***

• Like 2

Just now, Xherman1964 said:

Nice!!!!

*** So...THAT's R.I.B.B.I.T's secret HQ???***

*** Prepares Glitterbombs***

The location is still undisclosed, so you may be waiting for a while.

Wait, I disclosed it, didn't I?  Curses.  

4 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Where are the 'mechs, or space marines?

On the 24-gun frigate cleverly sailing in the background.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Froggy the Great
      The fleet of the Duchy of Grand Fenwick grows: Here are five 100-gun ships at 1:900 by War Artisan. I elected to omit the halyards and backstays, as I couldn't keep the lines tight and they made the ships look messy.

PDF by War Artisan. Construction and rigging by me.

Yes, I forgot to make a WIP thread.

• By Matbar
      So I took a commission to paint some minis for a tabletop game.  I didn't even think to ask what material they were made from.  I get them, and they're 3D printed.  Have any of you primed and painted this stuff?  It's fairly high quality for 3D printing, but there are extremely slight striations.  I am hoping that primer will smooth it out, but now I'm concerned with how the primer will react to this material.  I have already seen what happens to the GW plastic when someone else applied the spray primer too close, so I'm thinking the safest thing might be brush on.

Any advice or help would be great.
    • By Matbar
      So this mini has been passed along through 3 people before getting to my husband who said only "I think it's a RalPartha ogre."  I've found nothing in my attempts to identify it.  Unfortunately it was already black primered, so the pictures aren't grand.  There appears to be 2 rats on (or coming out of?) it's back, and there's a fish hanging off the belt in the back.  Anybody have a clue on this guy? 

• By Matbar
      I painted up these four turtles from the Critter Commandos game for my kid.  No real serious attempts at shading, just a bit on the shells and skins.  He wanted them done with some bits on there matching the colors of the TMNTs.  And the barrels on the big guy in red are each painted a requested color to designate different types of weapons.  I received very specific instructions on that part.  Anyways, nothing fancy, but they were fun little tabletop pieces.

• By Erk
      I am really happy with this guy, so of course his little buddy who lights his barrels on fire got broken in transport. That's always what happens with a model you're pleased with, right?

I still have him but I want to pin him so this doesn't happen again. Decided to photograph him now, before I bust out the sharp objects.

Strongly considered rusting up his metals, but in the end I felt perhaps his little (broken) buddy loves him enough to keep his armour shiny and pretty.

• Who's Online   41 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)