Sign in to follow this  
Two21B

Deadlands Noir: Femme Fatale

Excellent job, especially with the highlights and shade!

You need more practice, though. I'll send you all my Savage Worlds miniatures that you can paint and send back to me. :lol:

• Like 9

Wowzers!  That is SHARP detail work!  Pretty good photography, too, and apparently without a lightbox (since I see a cutting mat in the background).  What kind of camera are you using?

• Like 2

The blue dress is fabulous. I love the character you gave her!

What a way to introduce yourself!

Great job!

Both the face and the dress are excellent!

The only advice I can give, use a neutral background for your pics to show off the mini even better!

Way to go, she is excellent, I especially like the blue dress

Thanks so much for the kind replies and encouragement everyone! 

11 hours ago, ced1106 said:

Excellent job, especially with the highlights and shade!

You need more practice, though. I'll send you all my Savage Worlds miniatures that you can paint and send back to me. :lol:

I will take all to practice I can get, feel free to send em my way! :poke:

6 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Wowzers!  That is SHARP detail work!  Pretty good photography, too, and apparently without a lightbox (since I see a cutting mat in the background).  What kind of camera are you using?

I am currently just using my iPhone camera. I don't have a light box set up yet, not in the budget. But I hope to have one soon since I plan to be painting a lot more. I am trying to slowly ease myself into the hobby again, and since I have a habit of purchasing things and never using them, I want to make sure I am spending smartly. :) 

I do have one question, if anyone is able to answer. I put a coat of matte varnish on her last night so I could start working on her base, but this morning I woke up and it is pretty glossy. Did I do something wrong? I know that the directions say to do two coats, and I've only done one at this point. But what is causing it to be so glossy still? Did I put the layer on too thick, or do I just need to add the second one to get the matte finish? If I did mess up the application, is there any way for me to fix it at this point, or is it doomed to be forever shiny? ::(:

Thank you all, again, for the positive feedback and suggestions. I really appreciate it! 

Cheers! 

• Like 4

Two light coats is almost always better.  

Which brand varnish?  Spray or brush on?

Did you shake it up really well? Some are finicky about that.

And, btw, that is a very well done mini.

Oh, that's some lovely detail work right there.  I'm really reluctant to offer advice because you're producing much better quality than I am, but if I had to pick one thing:  your contrast seems a little flat, especially on the skin.  I'd try and take the highlights higher, and the shadows deeper.

But for this figure?  I'd leave her exactly where she is, she looks wonderful.

• Like 1

Wow, what a way to make an introduction; that is an excellent paint job you did for her!!